Implemented Create more incentives for voting all month

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by Super_Dave1236, Nov 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectroTom

ElectroTom Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ElectroTom
    Support, voting all month should be worth something.

2. Rubiy

Rubiy Member

Something a lot of other servers do is give a predefined reward for the number of times they've voted, and it rolls over. The rewards progressively get more interesting. The orders usually work something like this:

First week: 2-3 stacks of cobblestone, 64 food, 15 sand, 15 dirt, 5 iron, 15 redstone, 3 common chest keys.
    Second week: 2-3 stacks of stone, 32 glass, 32 redstone, 1 iron block, 1 diamond, 1 random iron tool, 2 rare chest keys.
    Third week: 32 glowstone, 15 quartz, [more iron, stone, redstone, or 2 diamonds], 1 rare epic chest key.
    Fourth week: x iron blocks, 32 sand or 32 dirt, 1 random diamond tool, then server antiquity items e.g. more chest keys, money or money equivalency, culminating to some big reward like a mob spawner as the last item.

The rewards could be lessened, spaced out, or take more days to reach in order to supplement vote crates and not double the amount of resources some people are getting. It rewards consistent voting and gives people something to work towards.

3. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Support anything for skyblock maybe the top voter like number one gets one legendary crate key or something like that

4. m0gliEz

m0gliEz Active Member

IGN:
    m0gliEz
    There already is an incentive for players to vote, be it grass blocks and keys, or on Economy keys and Skybucks. There is also the chance of getting any number of /rewards while voting.

5. Rubiy

Rubiy Member

Incentive is in the eye of the beholder. Most of the time I use keys on economy I get a bunch of cobble, $100, grass blocks, an iron pickaxe, or more keys which turn into the former. A lot of people sell the keys because they don't find the random rewards usually valuable unless you're just starting out. Grass blocks on regular skyblock is a lot more enticing than on economy.

6. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    FuLl SuPpOrT
    i think this is a great idea
    i used to try for top 10 voters, but i always lost 1-2 votes bc of lag, or something else coming up
    now i rarely vote bc i dont think its worth it
    this would make people like me more incentivised to vote

7. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Those who reached the maximum vote total, but did not come in the top ten, now receives a $15 skyblock.net gift card, and those who came very close (within one or two votes of the maximum vote total) will receive a $10 skyblock.net gift card.

Will be closing/accepting this suggestion.

8. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Thank you for creating a suggestion!
    After looking at it we have decided that we will be adding this feature! We felt like this would improve the game-play by adding it, so your suggestion has been accepted!
    This thread has been locked and moved to Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.