Change Mod sparkles back

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions Archive' started by Mai, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

I suggest changing the Moderator sparkles to what they were before. Right now it seems too big and the resolution isn't exactly high quality.. and I personally think how it looked previously was better overall. I think it could have been nicer if it was kept the same except making the butterflies more prominent, or even giving them the effect like what Admins currently have.

• Support Support x 2
  2. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Yes. Premium too :)

3. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

The reasoning for them being changed is because the previous effects were provided by a non-https third party website (also because that led to the quality of those sparkles to be deteriorated significantly). I've been still looking out for some better sparkles to add to Staff members but this was the best I could find for the time being. If people really don't like it then I can just set all staff to have the premium sparkles but the old one is no longer available to use, however if the staff team like them then ultimately they will stay as it is their names the sparkles are being shown on. :p

4. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    How about an option that decides what sparkle is used? I feel like that would be better for any staff member to be honest.

5. Mai

That makes sense. If the team likes it, not much we can do really! It's not an issue, but I think even changing it to how Premium looks would be better. Right now it just seems too big to me.

6. Geo

Geo athyrix Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    I have no issue with our updated sparkles, I think they are better than the previous and like James says the team like it. But perhaps in the future they may even be changed again :>

7. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

I'll stay with neutral, I think they're OK but as long as the staff team likes it :)

8. Mai

Yeah completely understandable. I personally just didn't like how big they are, and on top of that it looks like the gif is repeating over and over which makes it look unnatural. The previous one was a lot prettier to me but that's just my own personal opinion!

9. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I'm personally not a huge fan. They are too much to look at. I do wish we had more choices to test before deciding on a final one because I think there would be something out there that could look better

10. athyrix

The staff team voted 11 prefer the new ones, and only 1 person did not like the new ones. However seen as the change has been a bit refused by the community I will be changing the sparkles to a higher quality silver sparkle - I don't think it's the same as the premium titles but it's been the best I can find and the best I can do. It will come into affect in a few hours at the latest.

11. Mai

Thank you James! Appreciate your quick response and all your hard work!

12. athyrix

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Your suggestion has been thoroughly looked at, and we’ve decided to take your word! Your suggestion has been accepted.

This thread has been moved to the Forums Suggestions Archive.

Kind regards :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.