Implemented Buckets. Make them tradeable?

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by athyrix, Oct 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfiniteShop

InfiniteShop Active Member

IGN:
    InfiniteShop
    Support! I think it would be nice to be able to buy and sell buckets, since it no longer plays a big part in island farming preventions.

2. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    At this point it really doesn't play a part in preventing it at all...

Giving a noob a lava bucket is so much easier than having to give them 3 iron and an obsidian and then telling them and walking them through the mechanics of the server, this would save me up to 5 or 10 minutes per player I end up helping out. It's great to think that even though we were all in their place once, suggestions like these continuously make it easier to help players start out, as well as helping players that are starting out.

3. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Support.

There is a ridiculous amount of buckets on peoples island anyways and the amount of time I would save being able to even just drop them is a lot. This helps a lot not just with helping new players with new buckets but for clearing large water sources or lava sources by sharing buckets with people rather than having to constantly chest transfer. They'd have to little no value as it would be more worth it to farm the sand then a bucket every island. Don't see why they should still be illegal if sand was made legal

4. bubloe

bubloe Experienced Member

IGN:
    bubloe
    support! it would be much easier to help others :)

5. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Wanted to reiterate my support for this suggestion. It's become increasingly obvious how little of an effect having buckets being non-tradeable has on the community and economy. Since the addition of croppers on eco, iron prices have dropped significantly and are now worth even less than before. There is no reason to have them illegal as they're unbelievably cheap to craft. Myself alone has had to respond loads of new players asking for buckets over the past few weeks. Even on skyblock 3 Iron is Equivalent to 1 Grass which is also super cheap. It's annoying having to explain to players why they're illegal and why you can't just give them back and forth to each other

6. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    bump this is needed tyvm

7. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Support,

Some players get confused as to why bucket trading is illegal and to be fair they’ve got a point. Yes, in the earlier days maybe it was necessary for them to be illegal to trade. However, nowadays when 3-4 iron is worth 1 grass there is no need to keep them illegal to trade. As said in the suggestion, island farming, becomes pointless.

8. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    This is long overdue. Nobody would island farm to get buckets anyways. They’re lower in quantity when you create a new island (only 1) and sand is now legal. I believe you get 2-3 with every island

9. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    This has heaps of support but hasn't moved or been updated in ages, full support, buckets being illegal really prevents nothing, dirt is the main culprit in island farming

10. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Crew just confirmed that we'll make buckets tradeable. The thread will be moved & closed once the change has been implemented.

11. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Mark is impressed to the sheep that he is doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.