Skyblock Boba's Survival FAQ Thread

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by boba, Mar 7, 2021.

1. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    [​IMG]

Here is a non-official FAQ thread for /skyblock.

↳ BASIC INFORMATION

・How do I create an island?

You can create an island by using the command /newisland (aliases; /ni, /ni replace). This will then list you an option of islands available to choose from and you can select one.
    For a visual representation on how islands look, use the command /warp islands. Look at the different islands, a tiny description and the design/structure.

・What is the currency?
    The currency on /skyblock is grass blocks. Grass is used for buying, selling and exchanging (trading one item for another).

・How can I get grass blocks?
    There are many ways to get grass blocks (survival in-game currency). Some very popular/easy ways are:
    • /vote - click the links which directs you to voting sites, enter your IGN, complete the CAPTCHA and submit your vote. You get 1 grass block and 1 voter crate key - so with a total of 3 voting sites, you can receive up to 3 grass blocks and 3 voter crate keys.
    • /daily - this command will reward you with 1 grass every 24 hours! For free!!!
    • Tradeshops - create tradeshops and run a store selling in-game goods that players may want. Popular items include but are not limited to grass, sand or iron.
    • Skychat - Skychat is a server game where there is an automated message sent. You need to use your cursor to hover over the message which either reveals a word to type or a scrambled word to unscramble and type. On /skyblock, the prize is 1 grass block.
    • Crates - you can roll an amount of grass blocks in crates but a crate key is required. This isn't a suggested method as it depends on the odds.
    • /namemc - like the server on NameMC for 10 grass blocks! One time only!

↳ CO-OP AND FRIENDING

・What is a co-op?

A co-op is a shared island between members (max. 8, including island owner) which allows friend to collaborate and have fun together. A co-op is risky with people you do not know so it's best that you know who you are inviting to your island.

・How can I create a co-op?

Creating a co-op is pretty easy! Follow the steps below:
    • To invite your friend - use the command /coop invite [minecraft username] (remove brackets and add the actual username).
    • To accept the request - ask your friend to use the command /coop accept.
    • To confirm the request - ask your friend to confirm the invite by using the command /coop confirm.
    Important Note: Whoever is joining the co-op will have their inventory cleared but the island/co-op leader will keep their items. Items in your ender chest stays the same. Do not abuse this privilege to transfer illegal items over such as dirt as it can result in a punishment.

How do I add a friend in-game?
    Simple! Do /friend add [minecraft username] and once they receive your request, they can do /friend accept [your minecraft username].

How do I remove a friend in-game?
    You can do /friend remove [minecraft username] and they will be removed from your friends list.

・How do I view my friends list in-game?
    You can type /friends and the list should be visible. If your minecraft account is linked to the Forums, you can also view it on the Friends Tab on your profile page.

↳ REQUEST OF HELP & IMPORTANT RULES

How do I check if there are staff members online?
    There are two ways to check this.
    A) Click the TAB key on your keyboard and view for the following prefixes:
    [Helper] - [Mod] - [Mod] - [Manager] - [Dev] - [Admin] - [Owner].

B) You can also enter the command /staff to view all online staff globally.

Important Note: There is usually a confusion between Donor400s and Helpers. Helpers will have a staff prefix indicating their role.
    For any reports, concerns or questions for staff, please ask the staff members who's role prefix is bolded above. Our developers, administrators and server owner are frequently busy as well as our manager so please be patient.

・Where can I ask for help?
    Essentially, you can ask for help anywhere!
    • In-Game: Simply ask in chat and if a staff is online, they will be able to assist you. Otherwise, any experienced member can help you out!
    • Discord: To join the Skyblock Discord, use the invite link: discord.gg/sb. There are 4 specific help channels, 3 focused for in-game related issues/questions and 1 for discord related issues/questions. Use the appropriate help channel for organization and simplicity purposes.
    • Forums: Create a help thread if you are logged in on Forums here: Help Subforums. Click the "Post New Thread" button and ask away!
    Why can't I ask for/give dirt?
    We have prohibited any form of dirt sharing, trading or selling due to the act of island farming. Island farming is the process of continuously restarting islands to collect materials (commonly dirt). Island farming is illegal and those who commence this act will be punished. We want to give a fair advantage to everyone so we've prohibited the sharing of dirt in every way.

How do I retrieve lost dirt?
    Try /lostandfound (alias: /lnf). This retrieves untradable items (dirt).

・Well if I can’t trade dirt, how do I get?
    Simple, either use the ~77 dirt blocks from your island (DO NOT CONTINUOUSLY RESET YOUR ISLAND FOR DIRT — READ ABOVE; amount of dirt also matters on island type), break grass blocks (recommended), or mycelium/podzol!

How do I retrieve lost lava if it turned into obsidian?
    You can craft a bucket with 3 iron ingots. Follow by right clicking the obsidian while holding your bucket in hand t0 give you lava. This is mainly designed for failed cobble generators but works with obsidian bought off players as well.

↳ CRATE KEYS, REWARDS AND DONATION

What are crate keys and how can I use them?

Crate keys are a server item which can be used at /warp crates. There are 5 types of keys on our server:
    • Voter Crate Keys - from /vote, vote parties, crates and off players.
    • Common Crate Keys - off players and crates
    • Rare Crate Keys - off players, buyable on SB Shop and voting reward
    • Epic Crate Keys - off players, buyable on SB Shop and crates
    • Legendary Crate Keys - off players, buyable on SB Shop and crates
    • Ad Crate Keys (no longer usable or distributed from our server)
    You can different prizes, both good and bad, from crates. Common items include but are not limited to grass, keys, kits or cobblestone.

What is a vote party?
    When the server reaches a certain amount of votes (120 votes on /skyblock), a vote party starts. In the vote party, those who've voted and sometimes those who haven't receive grass and/or voter crate keys. Essentially, it's a thank you from the server for voting for them.

What are donor ranks?
    Donor ranks are a perk given to players who've purchased them which contributes as a donation to our server. There are a total of 5 donor ranks which can be purchased on our Skyblock Shop.
    • Skyknight - 10$ USD
    • Skyking - 25$ USD
    • Skylord - 50$ USD
    • Skygod - 100$ USD
    • Skytitan - 250$ USD
    • Donor - 400$ USD (no longer sold)
    What are kits?
    Kits are a donor perk which gives server donors/ranked players a few items with a cool down. Kits are also achievable in crates but are a one time thing. The higher the rank, the more items in the kit.

Donor (Rank) Kits:
    • Skyknight - 256x Cobblestone, 64x Redstone, 6x Iron Ingots
    • Skyking - 256x Cobblestone, 64x Redstone, 6x Iron Ingots, 10x Grass Blocks, 5x Sand, 1x Diamond Pickaxe
    • Skylord - 256x Cobblestone, 64x Redstone, 12x Iron Ingots, 10x Grass Blocks, 10x Sand, 1x Diamond Pickaxe
    • Skygod - 256x Cobblestone, 64x Redstone, 16x Iron Ingots, 15x Grass, 15x Sand, 1x Diamond Pickaxe, 1x Diamond
    • Skytitan - 512x Cobblestone, 64x Redstone, 8x Iron Ingots, 15x Grass, 8x Sand, 1x Diamond Pickaxe, 3x Diamonds
    Extra Kits:
    • Cobble - 256 Cobblestone every 24 hours.
    • Wood - 512 Wood Planks every 24 hours.
    • Iron Ingot - 12 Iron Ingots every 24 hours.
    • Wool - 16 of all 16 colours of wool for a total of 256 wool blocks every 24 hours.
    • Mob Spawner - Receive 1 Mob Spawner every 7 days.
    Visit the Skyblock Shop here: Skyblock Shop

Important Note: Each rank has a different cooldown period for their kit, for example Skytitan has a 24 hour cooldown while Skygod has a 48 hour cooldown.

↳ TRADESHOPS

How do I create a tradeshop?

Tradeshops can be a bit tricky. Visiting /warp info has a tiny tutorial but follow the steps below for a detailed explanation:
    • First Line of Sign - enter prefix [Trade]
    • Second Line of Sign - enter quantity amount of item sold (i.e if selling 64 cobblestone, enter 64)
    • Third Line of Sign - enter price of amount of item sold (i.e if I want to sell 64 cobblestone for 1 grass, I will enter 1)
    • Fourth Line of Sign - enter Sell
    • To tell your shop what to sell, hold the item you want to sell and left click the sign.
    Extra Help: For more details on tradeshops, look at Mai's guide on tradeshop by clicking here.

↳ SIMPLE AND CHEAP SHOPS:

IMPORTANT SURVIVAL (SB) COMMANDS:
    • /is (aliases; /home, /island) - teleports you back home.
    • /visit [minecraft username] - visits another player's island if unlocked.
    • /tpa [minecraft username] - puts a request for YOU to teleport to another player.
    • /tpahere [minecraft username] - puts a request for ANOTHER PLAYER to teleport to YOU.
    • /buy - displays our Skyblock Shop in-game.
    • /vote - gives links to vote sites.
    • /settings - shows island settings.
    • /is kick [minecraft username] - forces a regular player to leave your island.
    • /is ban [minecraft username] - blacklists a player from visiting your island.
    • /guest add [minecraft username] - whitelists a player from visiting your island.
    • /lock (alias; /l) - locks your island to every player except co-op members or guested players.
    • /unlock (alias; /u) - unlocks your island to every player except island banned players.
    • /warps - showcases different warps to visit.
    • /warp info - warp for guidance.
    • /staff- showcases online staff.
    • /m [minecraft username] [text] (aliases; /m, /t, /message, /text) - messages a player online.
    • /reply [text] (alias; /r) - replies to the latest person who messaged you.
    • /kit sapling - gives 2 free oak saplings (available to every player, no rank/purchases needed)
    • /rules - direct link to rules thread found here.
    • /links - gives links to other Skyblock platforms (forums, discord, shop etc.)
    • /vp - shows current vote party status (how many votes till a vote party)
    If you have any suggestions for me to add in or if I need to fix, let me know by replying. Thank you!

• Amazing Amazing x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  2. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    add the other kit kit iron wood spawner ect
    also add the cool down to the ranks
    3 days
    2 days
    2 days
    1 day

3. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

I love the thread Boba :heartface: thank you for making a Skyblock version & thank you sm for linking my thread too :pleading:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I’m keeping kits to donor kits only for now. I don’t really wanna add too much extra information. I added the kits section entirely because it goes well with the rank section right above it.
    Thank you and of course! :heartface:

5. FalcoFalcon

FalcoFalcon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Ahum make this the official Skyblock FAQ :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  6. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Aww haha, thank you! :heartface:

7. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Great thread! Now I can link all the greenies to this :weary:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    As you should :relieved: and thank you!

9. bubloe

bubloe Experienced Member

IGN:
    bubloe
    BOBA i love u and this thread. only thing i would add is word unscrambles under "how do i get grass blocks?", as it is a very easy way to make grass when starting out :cat:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Aw I love you too and thank you!!

11. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    added/edited the following:
    • a banner at the top of the thread
    • subsections
    • title changes/question changes
    • changed some info that was outdated (i.e bucket being illegal, now legal)
    • (thanks to ursus)

lmk if you guys want any other info added!

12. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    NICE!

add /namemc for 10 grassblocks as a 1time reward xoxo

13. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    omg thank u!

14. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    Legend

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    I think one of the most common questions I end up answering is "why are [doors broken, fences not connecting, double chests broken, other visual glitches resulting from not using 1.12.2]". So...adding that would probably help out a fair bit for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    love this! will add this later on!! thank u

edit:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2022
  17. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    not to advertise or be a big bias but can you also add my shop provides free cobble and best deals on skyblock???

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    This should be fixed now actually.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Malc

Malc Well-Known Member

Thank you Boba!

• Old Old x 1
  20. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I'm actually interested in having a list of easy access shops affordable for new players! If you have any more names or if anyone else can lmk, please do so here!
    I acc noticed this today and I'm so happy, thank you!
    BYE WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE

• Friendly Friendly x 1