Withdrawn BobaLatte's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by boba, May 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Before I begin with the application, I would like to thank everyone who is taking the time to read my application. Please note, if you support me, thank you so much, if you are neutral, it is fine and if do not support me, I am totally fine with that. Whatever you guys think on my application whether good or bad, it won't affect our relationship in game. Thank you all! I am also primarily focusing on being an Eco Helper/Moderator.

Your in-game name:

BobaLatte

What time zone are you in?

EST (GMT-4)

What country do you live in?

Canada

What languages do you speak?

English & French

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No

Yes

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

I have Quick Time Player which is a recording device on Mac Laptops/Computers. It is very efficient and it is quick to open up without any complications. The most popular F2 button is also available.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

Mon-Fri: 11am-3pm and 6-7pm
    Sat-Sun: 12pm-3pm and 7-8pm

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

1 year, 4 months.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

No, I've never been banned.

Do you have any previous moderation experience?

I do have a bit of experience. I was an moderator/admin on a small server managed by a friend.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No

Yes, I do. My discord if needed: BobaLatte#1911

Why do you think you should become a staff member?

I think that I should be a staff member for many reasons and here are some of my traits to explain why:

Helping:

I am always looking for ways to help out. Whether by donating to those who are new, to helping out by building beautiful structures and by helping out players who are new or have concerns. As an experienced player on Skyblock, I know lots of key information which can be helpful to players. Helping out doesn't directly refer to donations or building, it can also refer to guiding and aiding someone who has questions and seeks answers. I'm always trying to help out new players. Teaching them about our community and how to play. I'm not only helping out new players but always trying to help out the whole community. Some players who've been playing for weeks also have questions and try my 100% to give them the help they need by answering their questions. Unfortunately, players say rude and hurtful things. I always tell the player to stop and apologize if they say anything racist or directly impacting someone's feelings. If the situation gets out of hand, I immediately get a moderator. What I would like to say in a nutshell is that, I'm a very helpful person and always try my best to do the best I can.

Fairness:

As a helper/moderator, you have to be fair. Whether it can be your friend or family, you cannot be biased. I personally think that I am a fair and unbiased person. I am not the person who lets a person break the rules and let them go. No. I am the person who will take action against the person because everyone should be treated equally. As a helper, you can't have a favourite or a "helper's pet". I will make sure that I will maintain that rule if I am selected a helper.

Maturity:

As much as I like to be funny and giggle around, I am also a serious and mature person. Being a bit young, it may seem obvious that I could be immature but I'm not. I know when to be mature and be professional. This doesn't mean that I'm strict and mean, I am also nice and kind. I think that having a good personality and a professional character is a good trait for a helper.

Responsible:

If I become a helper, I am willing to take the responsibility because I'm a responsible person. I always like to be the better person. I always take my work serious. I am always chosen to be the group leader for most things in my school. I am willing to be in charge of any project and/or assignment. Along with being responsible, I am a team player which I will talk about in the next paragraph.

Teamwork:

Like I said before, I am a team player. I like to be in groups because we learn from each other. I am someone who is reliable and trustworthy. I am not the type of person who sits in the corner, letting another person do all the work and at the end take credit. Someone like that doesn't have the quality to be a helper. I am the person who does my part in a project and I will demonstrate the same in-game by doing my part to form a better community.

Serene:
    I feel like I am a calm and kind person. It may not always seem like it but I am. I always am nice to everyone by being polite to them. I personally don't like to be someone who rushes and who urges to do something. People always take benefit of power when it comes to them. That's not me. I always try to find a way to resolve an issue without conflict or a punishment. A good helper should be a person who can find a resolution to an issue without having to go a step further. I feel like that's me, a calm, polite and patient person.​

Trustworthy:

I am someone who you can trust. I am not two-faced, the person who likes to be nice in front of someone and rude to them behind their back. I am also not the time of person who steals or lies. Biased people tend to lie to protect their friends/family. As I said that I am unbiased, I am also honest. I will not be the guy who lies to save their friends, I treat everyone equally.

Respectful:

No matter your race, gender, ethnicity, religion and/or beliefs, I will not treat you differently. I respect everyone for who they are and their thoughts. Some people don't like others because of their religion or their race but, I love all of you. :heart:. I will not stand anyone who is rude and disrespectful to anyone because of how they are (gender, status) or because of they believe in (religion, faith or if they don't believe in anything). Everyone is beautiful and unique for who they are.

Activity:

I am active everyday. I try to balance out my playtime on both Economy and on Survival. I aim to be a main Economy Helper because I feel like Economy deserves more staff. We just got Bdarkslayer who is a previous mod but, the more the merrier! My timings may be different as I listed above because I can either play more or play a bit less. I am always reachable on Discord and if online, you can still reach me out on Discord and/or Skyblock Forums or In-Game.

I am trying my best to play on both servers but like I said, I'm aiming to be an Economy Helper. I want to thank you all for just taking the time to read my application. It means a lot even just getting neutrals because I'm getting feedback. Please ask me any questions by replying or Discord.​

Thank you all,

BobaLatte :heart:

• Neutral Neutral x 8
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
  2. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    Great app :) I'm going neutral as i have not seen you helping much (i am aware you mainly play eco) but other than that, everything is just right. The app is short and sweet while maintaining professionalism and also informative. I will most likely be changing to support soon as i am playing eco more often and i will get to see you at work. Good luck :)

3. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Same as what Kai776 said.
    Good Luck! :)

(neutral)

4. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thank you for just looking at my application. Yes, I mainly do play Eco but I am kind of trying to balance myself on Skyblock. I am also looking to be a primarily Eco Helper. Thank you! :)

5. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    Neutral for now im afraid. In the past month or so you have used an excessive amount of caps in chat despite multiple people telling you to stop and you have also been rude towards new players. However, I have seen you being more helpful towards other players and an increase in maturity in the past week or so. However until I see more of this I will be neutral. I am happy to change this later, happy to chat about this through discord messages (otter360#7993).

ps: Maybe help out in chat a bit more, especially the new players :)

6. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thank you for responding. I don't remember being rude to any new players. I actually have been helpful in chat and not maybe always showing it because I don't want to show off myself helping because that's not a good trait. I will be more helpful and nicer if you think that I'm kind of rude.

Please do not take this offensively!

Thank you, Boba :heart:

7. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    Ill pm you about this, sent an friend request via Discord

8. FalcoFalcon

FalcoFalcon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Neutral for now as you have been post farming a lot... For the rest the application is fine, and I think you are friendly from the few times we spoke!

9. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thank you for responding. I may have posted a bit to much and I will minimize that.

10. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Neutral for now, In all honesty I don’t think it’s a great app. It doesn’t really tell us much about you, maybe add a little bit of info about you. The sub-categories like Honesty and Maturity basically say the same thing 5 times over in different way.
    For example “I’m a mature person... I am always being a mature person... As a mature person”

Also “I am very honest... I do not lie... or lie for someone... and as a honest person”

It just seems very repetitive and no heart or actual substance. Just like you are saying things you think you have to say to get staff.

You seem like a nice enough person and active and helpful but your app is letting you down.

11. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thank you for replying. I will edit that.

I've just re-edited my application. Please take some time to just see it again! Thank you, Boba!

:) :heart:

okie dokie! :)

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  12. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Careful on your double posting. Try to make it so there are 2 feedbacks per your responser.

Ok, so here are a few grammatical thing I would change if I were you:
    "I think that I should be a staff member for many reasons and here are some of my traits to explain why:"
    Correct version: I think that I should be a staff member for many reasons, here are some of my traits to explain why:"
    Its a long sentence, and a comma would help to break it up a bit

Personally, I prefer the text in that section to not be centered, only the trait to be centered. For instance:
    Helpful
    i am helpful because i am

(ik thats not what it said but whatever)

While this is completely opinionated, many people probably actually like it centered, just personal preference :p

"I've edited 99% of my application because I think I kind of rushed it and it wasn't fully established"

Don't mention that. It will only hurt your application to say that it was rushed and not fully established. Many players may even leave a neutral or even a no support because of that, so I would recommend not including that line, as it sounds unprofessional.
    "

Consistency:
    Some of the questions in your application are like this:
    Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No Yes

While some are like this:
    How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    Mon-Fri: 11am-3pm and 6-7pm
    Sat-Sun: 12pm-3pm and 7-8pm

While some are like this:
    How long have you been playing Skyblock?

1 year, 4 months.

Keep it consistent. Make it so all of them have the same format. I would recommend changing all of them to be like the last one, where you have the question, a line in between as a spacer, and then the answer.

"Fairness:

As a helper/moderator, you have to be fair. Whether it can be your friend or family, you cannot be bias."
    Biased, so add the "ed" to the end of that sentence.

I'm sorry if this feels overwhelming and harsh, don't worry it's not, I'm just trying to improve your chances of being accepted :p. I feel like you have a pretty good application, and I will reveal my rating and feedback sometime in the near future. Good luck, and have a great day!

P.S.
    You mention your discord at the very end, and at the do you meet the requirements section. Idk if you want to keep them both

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  13. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    A quick look at your profile activity shows a history of post farming, in fact you allude to it in a status on your profile. The application reads like a wall of text, and there are clear signs of you trying to increase the word count, which I assure you isn't what is going to 'wow' those who actually decide whether you get this position. You say that you are not someone who rushes or urges to do something, however you've made an application a few days after reaching 50 posts (yes, I can see you have 108 posts, but I can also see that on your page you were advised not to apply straight when you reached 50 posts and that was Sunday). I popped in to see how skyblock was doing yesterday after a hiatus, and the first message I saw in chat was you telling someone to "Refrain from bringing up such topics in chat" in response to a message I really don't think would need such a response. There is trying to help players while reminding them of the rules, and there is mini-modding. You are not staff yet, there is no need to pretend to be one.

I personally feel like you 'want' to be staff, if that makes sense. I don't think you are applying for the sake of just wanting to help people, or rather I don't think that's the main reason. People who really want to be staff often make bad staff members. I'm not supporting/neutral/against, I'm merely stating my opinion, and I hope you can appreciate some of my words.

14. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hi, thank you for you response. The reason why I’m applying isn’t to become staff or get the prefix, it’s to help people out and to help with chat moderation. When you said that when you popped online and saw me say refrain from bringing up these topics, a guy was talking about an inappropriate thing and even Bdark told him to keep the chat clean. I am also not trying to pretend to be staff, I’m simply just helping out. I am also reminding players about the rules too, which happens in-game and perhaps you may be offline due to the time zones.

Please don’t think I am trying to be rude to you, I’m just explaining myself. Thank you, Boba :heart:

15. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Neutral. You’re very friendly member of the community, although I don’t see you fit this this role yet. The large amount of post farming recently doesn't help convince me either. I will come back to this application when I change my mind, and in the mean time I wish you the best of luck with your application.

16. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thank you so much! I've done all that you've written and I know you're letting me know for my own good! :)

Thank you for looking at my application. I know the post farming may bring me down but I'll try my best to do better.
    Thank you! :)

17. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    I think you're misunderstood as BDark was not even online at the time. I appreciate your positive response and I do hope that you have the right intentions. Good luck with your application.

18. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Umm, he actually was. Thank you though!

19. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

I do really feel that you wish to be staff Boba, and I do know that you love to help players out as I have seen on Economy, however I have had to remind you and in sone cases report a coupke ofinstances here on forums where you have broken some forum rules (e.g double posting). I’m going to be on the edge of the wall here until you familiarise yourself more with the forums. Good luck :heart:

20. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Thank you for replying. I agree I’ve broken 2-3 rules in forums and I have familiarize myself with the rules and I will continue to prevent from breaking them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.