EUR Blyx's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Blyx, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyBlu

WhyBlu Active Member

IGN:
    WhyBlu
    supppppportivvvee

2. Fennifer

Fennifer Active Member

Support, I always see you online (I know you've been on a lot because I've seen your island progress from living next to you :D) and from what I've seen of you you're really nice

3. WhyteDuck

WhyteDuck Active Member

Support

// Idek how is 'support' too short.

4. Nitro

Nitro Some Bot Premium

Neutral haven’t seen you on recently.

5. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    She’s been on a lot. Over 2 hours daily. :)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  6. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Thank you so much for the support. :heart:

I understand, thank you for replying and giving me feedback! As Laini said, most days I am online for over 2 hours at varying times, and am therefore aware it is unfortunately likely going to be down to timezones. I hope to see you in-game soon, and thus possibly change your neutral into a support. :)

7. Theo

Theo Active Member

IGN:
    Theooooo
    Support, reasons already stated, good luck Blyx!

8. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

After all these years there’s still statements like this going around huh?

Support

9. Wadee

Wadee Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Wa_e
    Changing to support, I have seen your activeness improve and you're always helping out ingame and on forums. You have proven to me that you are ready for this position. Good luck!

- Wade

10. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Thank you. :heart:

I'm glad I was able to change your opinion! Would you mind re-rating the original post? :)

11. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    I haven't seen you online much yet, but this is undoubtedly due to our varying time zones.

From what I've heard from others, you were an excellent moderator. I unfortunately missed your moderating tenure entirely, resigning before your promotion and returning after your resignation. From the people you associate with and who support you, I would imagine you're an excellent candidate. Until I see you around more, I can't confirm this, so I'll leave it as a TBC.

Your application is well written, relatively concise, and generally quite good. I personally prefer paragraphs to the short paragraph 'trait' system (due to the former allowing more substantiation and expansion), but both work well. I like your formatting, even if I can't read the dark grey because of my custom theme. You generally seem to have a sense of style and formatting, which I appreciate, even if it's completely irrelevant to your application.

I do hope you can cope with your exams. I know you said you thought you could, but surely A-level exams are far harder and more important than your previous ones. Even if you feel you can manage, moderating during this time could bring down your grades, and your final grades are probably a lot more important than moderating on Skyblock. Not trying to be your mum, but you should probably just make sure you really want to do this.

I could be wrong about this, as I'm in a different timezone to you and therefore can't judge how long you've been back on the server, but I generally find that ex-moderators who return go through a phase immediately where they want to be promoted. About a month after, they realise it won't happen immediately, and then another month and they'll be gone. I'm not saying this will happen to you, but I don't have any evidence of long-term dedication yet, and my heart has been broken by too many 'returning' friends to be optimistic.

All in all, there are slightly too many unknown elements for me to support you. Sorry for writing an essay, I haven't done one of these application replies for some time.

For now, I'll say you're under very hopeful observation :p I would love to see another Brit on the team, but I need to make sure you're back for real first.

Reading this back it sounded really negative, but really, you're an excellent candidate. I'm sorry D:

12. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    I really appreciate this type of feedback, so thank you for taking the time to do this.

In relation to your point about A-level exams: yes, I am quite aware that they will be much harder than those I've experienced thus far, however, I don't currently view it as an issue. I have the self control developed to put my education before any additional voluntary commitment, which something like moderating would be. I'm good at prioritising, and balancing my time - my resignation was purely a precaution. Also, having gone from 10 subjects to 3 that I am passionate about anyway, doing the work needed for exams is likely to be easier to want to do, removing the possibility of procrastination.

It is understandable, given the context provided, why you hold that view; however it is highly unlikely that I will leave any time soon. As mentioned, I am patient and am aware that this process won't necessarily happen quickly, I also now have more of a reason to stay than previously before, having met new people since my return.

Unfortunately it is down to timezones, as I only recall seeing you in-game at most a couple of times, but am aware of your activity through /staff, and your last online times listed there.

Once again, thank you, and I hope to see you around! :)

13. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Omg yes I fully support you I love you :heart:

14. WhyBlu

WhyBlu Active Member

IGN:
    WhyBlu
    please, just mod her.

15. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Thank you, both. You're too kind.

On another note, the original post has been updated. I have added spoilers at the end to organise my support, neutrals and no supports.

16. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

You have my full support,
    We've never talked much but I've always loved having you around. You were a great mod and I'm sure you have the potential & ability to do the same and better than you did before.

I've also been seeing you quite a bit in-game & I'm glad your activity is coming back. Good luck, you deserve this ^-^

17. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Thank you for the support and kind words. :heart:

18. Wolfie

Wolfie Well-Known Member

Resupport. :heart:

19. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_