Blocks & Blogs: A surprisingly efficient mix-n-match.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Artificiality, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veggie64

Veggie64 Well-Known Member

Welcome c:

• Like Like x 1
  2. EnderDragon47

EnderDragon47 Experienced Member

3. DapperEntity

DapperEntity Well-Known Member

*Grunts angrily at the lack of copy-pasting in the XBOX browser* @Artificially , I tend to play NET a bit more than ORG even though I "quit". At the moment I'm mostly just selling my goodies for ORG money :) It'll be another couple days before I can get on though, so don't expect to see me in-game anytime soon.

Also, for some reason I think of Borderlands when I look at your profile picture o_O

4. Artificiality

Artificiality Active Member

So, my face reminds you of Borderlands? I'll take that as a compliment, DapperEntity!
    You know, perhaps you'd want to sit down at some point and have a chat about .ORG? I'd like to research the market there a bit before investing my time in outlining the economy referendum for it.

5. StrayanPenguin

StrayanPenguin Well-Known Member

I Use penguins <:

6. Lukenblaz

Lukenblaz Well-Known Member

I use a large assortment of Lucario pictures.
    :>

7. rrredface

rrredface Well-Known Member

I use red faces.

Alright, now let's actually do some welcoming.

Ahem. First I'd like to ask you one question. Can I have your hair? It's amazing. Now that that's out of the way I'd like to say this is one of the most beautifully written intros I've seen in quite some time. You seem like the kind of person I'd enjoy just having a chat with for a bit. For some reason just watching you interact with people brings a smile to my face. Is that creepy?

Now, as a programmer I'd like to know one thing. One a scale of one to "kill me now," how tedious and infuriating does writing and/or graphic design get on a bad day? Don't get me wrong, I love programming and I'll do it for fun, but it's easily one of the most maddening things I've ever tried some days. I once spent probably about a total of 2-3 hours (over the span of 2 days) diagnosing a problem with a program only to find out I was missing a colon. That colon fixed the whole thing. I'd just like to know if someone shares my pain.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay. My only advice for you is to stay on Cyp's good side. If my ban is ever lifted I might see you around.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Artificiality

Thank you very much for the long and warm welcoming, TheRedFacedOne!
    Sure, you can have my hair, I'm certain it'll grow back anyway. And you know, if you've got surplus supply, why not share a bit, ha! It is, perhaps, a tad bit creepy, but aren't we all.

So, how tedious and infuriating does it get? Well, I've found that writing is the milk, if graphics is the coffee. I absolutely love working with graphics, but sometimes the raw bite of working on the same image for hours on end, and not being able to strike that perfect balance in the colour depth, or the perfect font can become almost maddening, and so I resort to writing. Writing, I've found, especially creative writing, never gets quite as boring or sad, because there's no clear-cut specification I have to meet. It's my article, my work, and thus, I have full creative freedom. Journalistic writing, and especially writing guides can often get a bit more tedious, because you have to stay within very specific guidelines, but still nothing close to what you experience when doing graphics, or even - *sigh* - web development.

As for the missing colon, I'm sure we've all been there. My first two or three years working with PHP, you have no idea how often I would spend days screaming profanities at my screen and Notepad++, until eventually I'd realise that I had forgotten to break a command line, or that I'd opened the tag with "<?" and closed it with "?php>" (which, for some reason, instantly breaks the parser). I very, very much recognise your pain, buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. puddinguy62

puddinguy62 Active Member

Congrats on getting Mod :>

10. rrredface

Screaming profanities at your screen, ah. I'm one of those people who thinks profanities are just words, no different than others, but god it's so much more satisfying to scream them at your editor than any other words. I'm just not sure if I've shouted more foul words at my IDE, or my friend who always tries to convince me to use Visual Studio even though it never installs/works properly (Netbeans master race.)

And don't worry, I've got plenty of hair to share. Rhyme intended. My parents are always telling me to cut my hair claiming I look like a girl. Though I'm not sure you want it. It's not nearly as nice as yours.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Lukenblaz

Lukenblaz Well-Known Member

Screaming profanities causes the fight or flight response to activate.

12. Jake_Hogan

Jake_Hogan Well-Known Member

I knew you had potential of being a staff member. Have a. Fun carrier as a skyblock moderator. :)

13. blaq

blaq Active Member

It's a rite of passage every programmer needs to face :) At least it's not like the old days where if u forgot something you'd have to go back and re punch your entire stack of cards.

14. AmazingGraceGirl

AmazingGraceGirl Senior Member

IGN:
    AmazingGraceGirl
    Welcome To the forums (^_^)
    Enjoy your stay..

15. salamander9o

salamander9o Senior Member

16. Iamandrewj

Iamandrewj Active Member

Welcome.

You honestly look like a epic/cool guy!

17. Artificiality

Thank you once more for the very warm welcome, everyone. It makes life, and the job on this community a little bit easier, and a little bit more worth it! It means a lot to me, and - having had my chance to get invested in the community over these past few days - the positive attitude on this thread is clearly very reflected in-game. I absolutely love being a part of this community, and I hope to get a long, fun ride with all of you!

18. rrredface

Legit dude, just the way you talk. If you'd never told us, I would've assumed you were either a writer for some sort of thing, or you were secretly nunyabz

19. TroycarZ

TroycarZ Well-Known Member

so much reading :(

But it's great to have you on the server :D

20. TheDruid

TheDruid Active Member

IGN:
    TheDruid_
    Welcome! Croeso! Hola! Willkommen! Bienvenue! добро пожаловать! Hoşgeldiniz!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.