Block people from your profile

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by trinity, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    It really wouldent effect the people who say no support,
    I support this.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Looked through the suggestions and decided to support/bump this, don't want it to be closed for inactivity.

3. Louiemar

Louiemar Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Louiemar
    Does blocking people needed? I don't think so why do you think we have mods here, This is their job to keep the forums safe and friendly.

4. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

things happen outside of the game that the mods do not always know about/is not bannable but people still feel that they need privacy from a particular person etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

I believe this would be a great addition for users who may not get along with some people. A quick easy solution to reduce any issues that may occur.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Whilst it may seem unneeded, it would save a lot of issues from the mods having to deal with drama, because the forums aren't the only place they moderate. It would be a nice feature to have to avoid problems in general instead of just adding more on the staffs to do list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    I agree with trin, sometimes it takes moderators a week upwards to deal with minor reports on forums

8. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    So I decided to have a nosy on this thread, but I saw that I already posted and wanted to see?

I think that I still stand by this, a year after myself saying this lol. I know I'm rarely on this forum, but I go on quite a few forums using the same programming (XenForum I think it's called?) and I feel this would be beneficial. I'm in some drama in another community for example, but it's 100% one sided on their side, some privacy would be great. I feel it'd suck having to lock your profile, when you should simply be able to block the handful that's bothering you. I saw some comments earlier where people were saying "it could start drama if someone finds out they get blocked!"... but I think you should ask why the person got blocked in the first place, probably because of drama the users get involved in?

Hey Pig I know you posted this like a couple of months ago, but I saw this and think you brought up a really good point! However, I feel that if someone was to log out of their account and then look at your profile, it wouldn't be a big deal. Why? Well I feel that they wouldn't be able to get the satisfaction of posting, like they'd be able to see your profile but if they're not logged in to an account, they can't post and upset you.

9. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

Fair point. But they could still use an alternate account, and to be honest posting on other people's profiles isn't a big issue here.

10. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Alt accounts are illegal *shrugs* so that's not an option :D

11. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    Then block that account too. No matter how petty someone can be, there is no way anyone would go out of their way and make 20 alts to harass one person. A lot of hassle to be annoying dont you think? The troll would get tired after like 3 alts and even then theyd get banned.

Not everyone follows the rules tho :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Bump.
    I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but I would really enjoy it if it was added or at least looked in to. I know it may not be a big favor of everyone here or it may not seem needed, but in my opinion, this can remove some drama that we may not just want/need. I know there have been people who have left other forums I am on just because of drama.

13. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

I think this one is a good idea but too easy to bypass by simply logging out of your account for around 5 minutes to check their profile.

14. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    There's no regret for having this added into the forums, over the years there has been negativity and drama caused by people who are banned already or may have quit here, The worst flame war that Marcawn has ever saw on this forum years ago is that somebody or two was starting drama over the owner of the profile's disability because there was less positive moderation back then, If somebody was bringing up the past and starting it up again the suggestion in this thread could help us with an actual "Block" working button that helps us bring the forum and the community into a positive path.

There was this other part of the Block Button that Marcawn thinks it should have, after blocking the person you can't technically read the forum activity from the blocked person or in people who viewed a profile, The reason why Marcawn wants a "Block" plugin implemented like this trin is because we need a useful tool that can help us from drama and memorabilia of the past.

As Marcawn bumps this, he will gradually Support.

15. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    support, it should be a feature alongside the Ignore button

16. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    being able to block a player in game would be fantastic too. that means /block so it auto ignores you on their side as well as ignoring them, and they cant /un ignore you when ever someone chooses, and cant see you in game or visit your island etc either would be great.

17. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    I would thoroughly enjoy being able to block people including moderators

• Agree Agree x 1