Economy Bidding on /ah

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by lalalizzy9999, Nov 3, 2019.

1. lalalizzy9999

lalalizzy9999 Member

IGN:
    lalalizzy9999
    Hi there! I'm sorry if this has already been suggested (I was scrolling and didn't see it), but I am suggesting that there should be an option to bid on /ah.

Some stuff that is put up for auction is rare and is only available to those who are online at the time, and to those on a first come first serve basis. I am not saying that this is unfair. However, it could allow for players to get more money than they originally put the product up for because more people are bidding and competing to get that item. Just to be clear, I am not saying that the original concept of /ah should be thrown away; I am just suggesting that there be another part to it.

For example, the current command to put something up for /ah is /ah sell [price]. Since selling and putting something up for auction are two different things, the other command would probably be something like /ah post [starting price] [bid increments] [how long the auction should go on for (with max and min times being provided so that an auction can't go on for two seconds or a month)]. The original concept of an auction house is to have an item to be bid on anyways, so having this option makes more sense.

If you are worried about the amount of notifications that would happen in the chat, then I suggest something along the lines of this:
    - the person who posted the auction would get notifications every time someone bid on it; they would also get an initial notification to explain what they had just posted (Example: You have posted an auction for "pork chop" starting at "$5" for the duration of "2 hours".
    -a person who bids will would get a notification for how much they bid on the item, how much the increments are for the item, and how much more time is in the post
    - a person who bids would also receive a notification when someone else out-bids them
    -etc.

Anyways, that's just an option I thought would be neat to have on economy. Thanks for reading ^-^

• Support Support x 6
  2. NorthYYY

NorthYYY Active Member

So just like a actual auction but in ah?

3. lalalizzy9999

lalalizzy9999 Member

IGN:
    lalalizzy9999
    Yes, because selling on /ah instead of being able to bid seems a bit redundant because people can just open shops on their island ya know? And plus it would make sense because it's called an auction when rn it's just another shop :p

4. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    While I do support this, it is just a question if players won't instead use the bidding part all the time and let the original /ah die out, but maybe that won't happen because /ah is ultimately the place for items that people want to sell quickly.

All in all, support.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lalalizzy9999

lalalizzy9999 Member

IGN:
    lalalizzy9999
    Yeah I feel like the original /ah is still useful, especially since /pay doesn't exist (yet). I don't want it to be gone, I just want the option to actually auction something, too :)

6. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Eh Sure, I can sell my items on auction to see who wants to buy them since I don't play on Economy.

Support.

7. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    or... we could add a new auction plugin, that allows you to start an auction in the chat and online people can bid :)

8. Thinker

Thinker Active Member

I don't really see anyone using this that much but if they do they prob would spam with sticks or something.

Also you can just do adverts in chat

9. ~Sky~

~Sky~ Active Member

IGN:
    Skylandia
    floAuction was the name of the old economy chat auction plugin before the reset. (or it is very similar)
    Usage: (Hold the item that you want to sell in your hand)
    /auc <starting price*> <minimum bid increment> <duration (seconds)> <buy now price>
    /bid <amount*> <maxbid>
    *required

10. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Ye I know that plugin, much better than bidding in ah

11. lalalizzy9999

lalalizzy9999 Member

IGN:
    lalalizzy9999
    So for this I would recommend a cooling down period to use the command again, that way spamming items wouldn't be that big of an issue (like when higher ranks use /fix, it's a 20 minute cooldown). And if anything, there could also be the fee to put something, like the $20 it is now for regular /ah. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ebagcoder

ebagcoder Member

IGN:
    Ebagcoder
    Support but I think we should still have the option to choose which type we want our auction to be listed under. So when we ah an item we could do /ah sell 200 b60 or /ah sell 200. Or there could be a pop up when you ah an item so you could choose.