NA Bdark's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Bdarkslayer, Apr 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    No support for now, I can see you’ve previously been very active and certainly have been around for a while.

As an ex staff member you’ve clearly had a lot of experience moderating, my only issue is that apart from your application and a couple of status updates, your last posts were January 2019, and before those few they were 2018 posts.

If you can be more active on forums I’d definitely be supporting, I think Org needs some dedicated staff members.
    Good luck!! :D

2. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I cannot comment based on activity and others as I’m not an economy player - but from what I’ve seen and heard from other players, I feel like I’m leaning towards a support.

Economy definitely needs more active moderators that dedicate themselves there, but cannot stay online just to afk (however you 100% can with any alternative accounts).

However... from what I can tell, you’ve only just recently returned to the server. I have to say the the only thing that gets repeated here to any returning player, whether they were staff or not - give it a little bit of time.

I’ll be Neutral for now.

3. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Hey Laini! I definitely appreciate the kind words and doing a bit of research regarding your decision. I do plan on being exponentially more active on both the server and the forums. I hope that I can change your mind! Cheers.
    Hey PC! I actually returned to the server about 2 months ago upon the change of my career path. I do appreciate your concern of me turning around and leaving. Trust me, it is a valid concern and when looking at past returning staff members, it's a common thing. However, I can assure you that I am sticking around! Hopefully, I can change your mind and hope to see you on net someday!

4. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

I only really began to speak to you over the past few days, and there are some really good qualities that you have shown to me throughout our discussions and this is the reason why I support you. For starters, the majority of us (mods) prefer to be on the Skyblock server, but we mostly pop in onto economy now and then to see how it's going, and/or to handle player reports. I think that if we have a mod that is balanced a lot more on economy would be really beneficial to the staff team, and not to forget that you have plenty of experience as you were an ex mod which left either just before or when I joined. You're active by the looks of it despite our time-zone gap which is good, and you seem to have the maturity and friendliness to be on the team.

Good luck,
    I support you.

5. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    I think you need work. We need more est helpers but I don’t see you online much. When I do, I think you to help more and be more active on the discord.

6. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Thank you so much, South! I personally find that economy is drawing me in every day as I play, I do find survival very fun, but economy will always have that 'special lore' to me! I appreciate you noticing my past experience and I ensure that I will bring everything I have if a decision to have me join the team is made. Thank you for your kind words and I will see you online! :)
    Hey there Splat! Thanks for checking out my application. I have been on economy 8-12 hours a day consistently for the past week or so and shorter timeframes before that. Maybe there is a timezone difference between us? I'm located in the EST timezone :). Where are you? I play mostly economy so if you're a survival player, that may be where the confusion lies. Needless to say, thank you so much!

7. poggers

poggers Senior Member

support :heart: this is an official endorsement.

8. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Support. You are online a lot and help a lot. You are always fair and friendly to others! Good Luck!
    :smilingimp::tongueclosed:

9. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Although I barely play on economy, I'll support this. You have a lot of experience dealing with the staff team (bonus left on a good note). I haven't talked to you nor seen you, but based on your application you seem to have a lot of knowledge about how to run efficiently

10. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Thank you so much poggers! This is an official letter of my gratitude :)
    Frez, thank you so much! I definitely try to be online as much as possible. Thank you for noticing that! I'll see you on eco! :D
    Hey Archerexpert! I hope you check out economy while I'm online so we can chat! I hope that in the event of a promotion that I would be able to exceed your expectations! Thank you for the kind words! :)

11. Choco Orange

Choco Orange Active Member

Support. We need a mod who is an eco player. Bdark has been very active in helping players and supporting new players. With MOD status they would be even more help.

12. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Thank you so much, Choco! I agree having a moderator that is primarily an eco player will be very beneficial. I appreciate your noticing my activity and support while in-game! Cheers!

13. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    OMG Bdark. YES! I'm so happy you applied. You totally deserve to be a helper/mod. Obviously, full support! Not a lot of staff is available on Eco. Mainly South or Cyk but you need to become a helper/mod. All the best! You got this!

14. ___Kami___

___Kami___ Member

IGN:
    ___Kami___
    I support Bdark 100%! Having an active Econ player who's helpful to all players would make an amazing helper/mod. 11/10 would support again

15. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    Looks like I haven't replied to this yet :eek:

I support you, Bdark. It would be great to have a mainly economy staff member, and I believe you would be a great staff member (again). You're friendly, a pleasure to talk to, helpful, knowledgeable and approachable.

I would love to see you as a staff member. Best of luck!

16. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Thank you so much Wonkie! I hope that I will be given the opportunity to work alongside you! Cheers :D.

17. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Hi Bdark!
    You get one free support coupon.
    Ooh imma do a marquee
    Code:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    |                                                                                                                              |
    |                                FREE SUPPORT BECAUSE YOU                                 |
    |                                                 DESERVE IT                                                    |
    |                                                                                                                              |
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But really though, you deserve it. And economy mod isn't wanted, its needed, and I got a clear demonstration today. Someone had asked for help, so I popped on, checked out what was happening, and it took a bit of time for anything to happen. Luckily, wonkie had just hopped onto discord, and I was able to message him, and send him proof, and we got a pretty speedy ban (thanks wonkie!) but why not have someone there already, to be able to ban him way before even I got on to message wonkie?

(Im not trying to insult you wonkie, you did everything perfectly and everyone was grateful for what you did, it would just be nice to have an eco mod already there, you know what I mean?)

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  18. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Support, you’re approachable, helpful and it would be good to have a staff member who has expertise in /economy)
    (Just make sure you’re up to date with /skyblock stuff too).

19. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I certainly hope to see you active across all platforms at some time.
    When players don’t know you and especially when they don’t see you, that is something to consider. Spend some time on skyblock then majority on org to get a good feel for both communities. I don’t see you much because of time zones so similarly to those people the forums and discord assist in this. It is not always about what you know or how efficient you can be or how active you are (To some extent) but it’s about proving how kind, considerate and trustworthy you are. Hope this helps~

20. Bdarkslayer

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Hey there! I appreciate your words of encouragement. I’m a very regular player on economy and usually spend upwards of 6 hours a day engaging with and assisting the community. I do understand that it isn’t about what I know. However, I do believe that the majority of the economy server would agree. While I do spend some time on /skyblock, I do prefer to play on economy :). I personally believe that I give it my all to be kind to all players while I’m online. I do hope to see you in game sometime so I can possibly change your views! All in all, thank you for sharing your opinion and I look forward to improving my character based on your feedback. Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.