Withdrawn Bard's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Bard, Oct 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    I understand that you were, and this was a whole while ago. I believe we're much past this issue and hopefully we're still fine with each other about it, evidently as it seems. Though that was the last time ive handled anything important or serious with the profanity used in the way that it was, I've improved my PG levels a whole lot and hopefully you can see that. I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

2. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    I haven’t been incredibly active on the server yet, but I’ll keep an eye on you.

You seem very eager to help out in chat, but sometimes a bit too eager. You remind me of Bert (sorry for slight roast that’s gonna happen here bud) about a year ago when I was applying for mod. He was a fanatic about answering questions immediately and posting tips in chat (like the server announcements). Now, don’t get me wrong, mini-mods are great when mods aren’t around or not active in chat, but filling up the whole chat doesn’t make you look very desirable, at least in my opinion.

As for your personality, you seem to be a bit of a suck-up and slightly temperamental.

Overall, I’m neutral, but please keep in mind my opinion is subject to change.

3. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Why didn't I reply to this either... Anyway, full support. You help out a lot in chat and basically meet all the requirements to become a staff member. I'd love to see you with a helper tag in the near future!

Woahh what was the need for the roast, girl? TastyKFCBert

4. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Thank you frxn! it means a lot!
    --------------------
    Correction**

5. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    I did say
    I'm not gonna shy away from my personal opinion, and sometimes it hurts.

6. Asivator

Asivator Active Member

IGN:
    Asivator
    An additional point to add to my disapproval, recently while discussing with an unnamed player recently, you had a conversation using profanity. These inappropriate words may have not been used against this unnamed player, but it demonstrates a lack of responsibility. Staff should always keep their chat and others PG because you can never know the age, religion, sex, etc. of the other player. Profanity can also offend another player or just who yourself as unprofessional.

Image Link
    Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Attached Files:

7. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**
    hiding this as there is more confidential information but the intended recipient got the message.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  8. Asivator

Asivator Active Member

IGN:
    Asivator
    Still. As a member of the staff, you have to be careful of what you say and everything must be PG unless you are talking to a close friend who you know 100% is ok with it. Also, I did not reveal the use who posted their chat log, so please don't make assumptions or reveal information that a user wanted to keep private. The apology should be directed to the unnamed player I have not revealed due to privacy concerns.

9. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    also this was way before i applied. Ive certainly gotten into shape since. I hope youre able to see the changes ive made as a player and towards the responsibility of a staff position. Once again thank you for the feedback.

10. Asivator

Asivator Active Member

IGN:
    Asivator
    I would like to upload this file again showing you using profanity in pm on 8 Jan 2019.

Attached Files:

11. Asivator

Asivator Active Member

IGN:
    Asivator
    I would like to add. Although you have blocked this message, some viewers may have seen it and iIbelief an apology to said the unnamed player would be appropriate for leaking private information.

12. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    It wasnt harsh language. It wasnt used in a derogatory way. If you're going to be mad at me for apologizing and me owning up to my mistakes straight up, so be it. It stands. I wasnt dropping f bombs, b bombs, or nothing of the sort. I kindly ask that you put that screenshot under a spoiler as I've been courteous enough as it stands. If you wish to continue this, which should have been resolved since it happened, then private message me.

13. Asivator

Asivator Active Member

IGN:
    Asivator
    No language directed at me was used but I did happen to have a glimpse of profanity. I could have been a child just learning the D or A word. All chat must be Pg to ensure the safety of children. Also, it is not courtesy, it is the proper way to proceed in a certain a situation.

14. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Uh.. excuse me Asivator but I strongly disagree with you... I like you, but this just seems like looking for any kind of excuse to simply not support Bard. First of all, as Bard said, he doesn't and would never use that kind of language in public chat. To be completely honest, I don't think he has never said a "bad word" or "swear word" with me in PMs, even though we are friends and he feels comfortable enough to use them. Looking at the PM screenshot, the only thing I can see if him apologizing to the other person, and the two swear words he used were not harsh or meant to hurt anybody, he was using them to describe himself.

Once again, looking at the PM, it's obvious that wasn't a random person he was apologizing to. I'm sure Bard was sensible enough to choose whether or not to include those words.

Lastly, I can't see how this is a lack of responsibility. Being completely honest, "bad words" or "swear words" do not really exist, it is a concept we made up. Of course, we know we mustn't use them in public chat, but that doesn't mean it is part of people's vocabularies. Bard may or not be one of these people (I don't think so, since I've never seen him type a swear word in chat), but as I said before he is sensible and he obviously knew who he was talking to. We can see the context of this, and it was not used to harm anyone.
    Of course, this is still profanity and Bard has already apologized and said neither you nor anyone will see any swear words coming from him. Also, some staff members use swear words in their PMs, and it is not unprofessional. It does not make them irresponsible. It is part of our language, after all, even if it isn't allowed in public chat.

15. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Thank you Frxn_ I believe that this conversation is done. Me and Asivator seemed to have worked things out in pms in game. I strongly encourage others to continue with their own feedback on me as a player in-game. Thank you guys for your feedback too. :)

16. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    (
    [EDIT: Just seen Fran's response, disregard mine - his is better written.]
    I find it fishy that you tell him you're upset, he responds with a sincere apology that contains profanity describing himself, and then you respond that you don't want a response or an apology. I get that you're upset with him, but then why would you till him for any other reason than to 'gather dirt' on him (that's if you didn't want a response). Whether he was in the wrong or not (I don't believe he was) the sensible thing would be to confront him in game, at the time, rather than acting that you're okay with it only to then post it on his application, trying to tarnish his reputation and jeopardise his application. It almost seems as if you're grasping at straws. Whatever past conflicts or bad blood you have with Bard, you need to sort out with him. I think he is really trying to show us that he is changing/has changed for the better and wants to help moderate our server and keep it a safe space. Peace dude, have a good day. I don't want you to think I dislike you or that I'm trying to hurt you with this, I'm just trying to voice my mind. Also, my writing may be a bit terrible as I'm on mobile and jacked up on coffee at 7am ready to leave the house .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

17. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Thank you for backing me on this, but me an asiv had a talk. We're on equal terms. But I appreciate your input nonetheless. Have a nice day wherever you're going.

18. nebb

nebb Active Member

19. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Thank you for rebumping your supportive stance, and double appreciate the fact it is still support. :heart: xNebzForums

20. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Hello Bard,

I have been watching your behavior in game for quite some time since you applied. I have come to a decision: I do not believe you are ready yet to be staff on this server. Your attention seeking behavior is very strong and gets in the way of the good intentions you have.

I am not sure you understand situational awareness. I do worry about how you present yourself in the game/ the public chat. You are aware sometimes how some comments may not be appropriate, but I do not see you consistently following the more mature choice.

I am also not confident in your knowledge of the server or even minecraft gameplay.

I do see a lot of personal growth from you. And it is wonderful to read that you have a leadership position in your real life.

I am available most evenings if you would like to further discuss anything.

Regards,

cyk753

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.