Withdrawn Bard's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Bard, Oct 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Neutral.
    Since you have just come back and your reputation isn't the best it is hard to start an application. I had similar issues with my own reputation after several mistakes. However as people know you just gotta go forward for the better.

The application itself could use some reformatting. However is is the person behind the app that ultimately counts more. I have never heard someone denied for a bad application, but have for being a not so good person.

In game, I see you pretty much every time I log in. I don't doubt activity. I do disagree with mini modding these days. It is nice to have people to answer questions and things but it isn't the biggest deal to me anymore. What matters is that you are actively conversing in chat because it shows you are likely to be paying more attention. Then helping out where you can and answering questions come in next. There isn't always someone asking and not always will people need help. There are other people who will be helping and get there first.

But for me, I want to see you stay on this server. Because a lot of people leave, come back, apply then ultimately leave and go inactive again. So I want to see your dedication before I give you one huge support.

Good luck :)

2. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    As what he said

3. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Neutral
    Haven't seen u online a lot, when I do I don't see u helping, my vote may be changed.

4. KalebSearle

KalebSearle Active Member

Support. I don't know what else to add, I don't use the forums.

5. Alcala09PlaysMC

Alcala09PlaysMC Active Member

IGN:
    Alcala09
    Support.

I've seen the improvements you've made and I believe you'll do a good job as a helper. For improvements, I'll like to see you a little more active in game.

6. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Hey Bard! :D

I've seen you couple times in-game and you seem like a cool person to be with. I dont see you really on Discord (under your forum name) but I think you may go on a different name I think. I've see you around forums so that's good.

Be more active on discord mostly, if you can try to increase activity in game and forums :p
    I haven't got to know you more so I cant say much about you

But yea lol

Good luck :heart: :D

7. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Support. Idk what y'all are doin hating him. I have seen him online quite a bit recently, and he has been helping new players a lot. If you think he was scammer/mean player before, he has changed, bc I haven't seen that side of him at all. Full support.
    GL on helper!

8. Parrot

Parrot Guest

Considering the change in activity, I’ll switch to Neutral. Try hitting the 200-250 message count on Forums though.

9. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Oh shoot I forgot to give a status,

Neutral

10. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Support.

When I do come online, you are almost always online. And I do not come online often, for those who don't know.

I can see from the last time I actually was completely active on the server, you have changed. And I do know that you have made some mistakes in the past, but then again, haven't we all?

I half want to apply so I have something on Minecraft to dedicate myself to, but then again, my recent attitude and semi-childish stuff, sometimes testing the staff (sorry Laini ) but just trying to have a good time is what it's all about for me.

For you however, you've stepped up, taken a small step down, been inactive, then took a leap. I see how you've improved in the past few months that I have been on and I decide on taking this step for the good.

Hope to see you online.

~PC

11. Samuell

Samuell Member

Support.

I have only been around for a day, but the whole time I've been here I have seen you helping people and being a source of positivity. You know how to be serious and calm and collected when needed. Obviously, you have made mistakes in the past but, mistakes are the first stage of improvement. I am excited to see what you do in the future, hopefully as a helper. :heart:

12. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Hello everyone! I just want you all to know that I've reformatted the application!
    Changelog 11/1/18:
    -Titles now bold and paragraphs unbolded
    -Titles now colored in rainbowical order [rainbowical name patent pending]
    -Added more relevant experience
    --------------------------
    Thank you all for your reasons for no support, neutral stances, and support! Every last opinion matters to me!

Thanks again,
    -Bard

13. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    resupport
    u smell : ))

14. Parrot

Parrot Guest

Since I’m willing to give a chance, I’ll go Neutral, leaning to support. (support rating given)
    Please please please please please bring up your activity on forums. Once I see this I’ll definitely switch to full support.

15. SpicylilPink

SpicylilPink Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    SpicylilPink
    Like many others, I've seen you online often-ish, but I've never seen you helping.

16. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Resupport
    but i wanna be tracer

17. Gekkeduckymwoan

Gekkeduckymwoan Member

Support
    Hope you will be a staff member

18. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    Aw I did that on my first application :O Rainbows are great. It looks great on my dark theme of the forums, but injures my eyes on the default theme--maybe change the fluoro yellow/green/cyan to a slightly darker and less saturated colour.

First things first, I know Wade already mentioned it, but I'd love for you to read my application guide. Not only is a lot of what I say going to be from the guide, but I'd also like to think it's generally quite helpful in creating an effective and impactful application! Here's the link, if you're interested. The Joy of Applying | Skyblock Forums

On the application:
    To get the basic formatting out of the way: as already mentioned, fluoro colours aren't advisable because they injure eyeballs. Never go over size 3 font in the main body of your application: it looks like you're insecure about how short your application is, and is reminiscent of a child's reading book. Making the font too big makes the application difficult to read and skim. Other than that, I love the rainbow theme! You've clearly put effort into your formatting, which I can greatly appreciate.
    You don't need to add extra titles: stick to the ones you've been given in the application format for the most part. Your bonus title shouldn't exist, because you're still talking about the previous section. Likewise with the experience section(s). Try not to write things like 'N/A'--as you go on to say, you do have experience moderating, just not moderating Skyblock. Admitting that you're lacking in a section of your application is noble, but probably not helping your promotion. I do really like how you've linked your real-life experiences to moderation. Grats on your JROTC success!
    I'd personally just write 'yes' in response to the requirements question. Assuming that the reader doesn't know the requirements is vaguely insulting, and you don't want to be wasting space on your application: make it short and sweet if you want, but don't make it look like you're trying to fill it with fluff.
    Also, *typist, not typer :p Other than that, your grammar and spelling are honestly great. Sentence structure is easy to follow and read, and effectively draws the reader into what you're saying.

On the applicant:
    I've only had positive experiences with you thus far. You're kind and conversational, and honestly, because you've never done anything that's rung alarm bells in my head, I don't have an awful lot to say. You're very active on the server as far as I can tell, but you're not very active on the forums, which I would like to see improve. Just hang around the discussion section and I'm sure you'll get your post count and activity up in no time.
    I can see from the person who posted that screenshot that you may occasionally lose your temper and swear, which is something you can't afford to do as a moderator--which is why I don't imagine that, if you're promoted, you'll continue to do this sort of thing from a position of power, lest you lose it. I used to get pretty angry when I was first promoted too, but you very quickly learn that the only way to effectively moderate is to be kind and patient in all situations, even when you're being personally attacked and offended. You'll probably drop any anger issues over time, so I'm not too concerned.

Overall, it's a support for sure. Best of luck!

19. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Ill work out what you suggested, and as for the forum link you included, ill see what else i can add. Thank you for the constructive criticism about my application and the support for me. cheers!

20. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    [CHANGELOG 11/13/18] (Thanks to Lycel 's critiquing)
    Font on body reduced to 4 (three was suggested but i couldn't read the letters)
    Removed some unnecessary portions of information
    Overall tidiness improved
    Fixed one spelling error
    --------------
    Friendly reminder that your opinion matters to me, regardless of where you stand. Share it loud and proud!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.