Bans Web Interface

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by Timm, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    I am fairly sure that the server uses Litebans for player punishments. For those who do not know, Litebans allows you to have a web interface where you can lookup bans, kicks, mutes and warns, that looks a little something like this:
    [​IMG]
    It is really easy to setup, (and I mean really easy considering 13 year old me can do it), and the themes are fully customisable.
    I think this would just be a cool addition if players could type bans.skyblock.net or skyblock.net/bans or something similar like that.

• Support Support x 9
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    We used to have something like this. I think it would be great for staff members, but I'm not sure about others except if they could only check their own bans (not sure how you'd do this). Others could look at other players history and maybe use it against them for something? I'm not too sure.

Support for staff, neutral for players.

3. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support, I remember this as we once had it and idk what happened to it.

4. Timm

Timm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    TimLatte
    I think it would be ok, as this server I used as the example uses it and they have an average of 600 players and its fine

5. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I mean I really don't think it's nessacary to have as most people getting banned do not want it shown publicly or anything. Bans and everything are all behind the staff's decisions and the ban appeals, there's no reason to let players know who banned who and why and the time, only staff should know because they are dealing with it. Players cannot use this information for anything but curiosity which I don't think player's should have to be able to see this as it should be private.

No support.

6. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Neutral, we had this before and whilst it's nice to be able to look at your own history, it's not really fair on others.

We don't give out information in-game regarding player's histories so it's not really fair to plaster it on the forums either.

7. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I support.
    I support this because if people want to do the wrong thing then they should be held accountable for it. We don't need to protect these users. Mineverse comfortably has this feature without much drama.

Also considering there is no real way to tell if a person is banned through /seen, for example, it makes it rather difficult to gain such information.

If a mod were to spread the info it would be like staff gossiping. If it was searchable then it is understandable.

8. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Support.
    I've seen many players wondering why there friends was banned or muted so this could be a way for them to see why.
    Also, if Mineverse uses this feature and no fuss has been caused about it, why can't we?
    I'm pretty sure we once had this before but I had no idea what happened to it.
    Finally, it's pretty easy to set up which is a bonus.

9. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Support for the staff to have this, I think it would help them. But for it to be public, I'm neutral.

10. Wardalicious

Wardalicious Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Wardalicious
    I think this would be a great feature!

I agree with Krissy. You did the crime, so you need to do the time. It would also help with trades and such, and would be a HUGE influence on how people act. Because, if all your friends can see you just got banned for scamming or something, they deserve to know.

11. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Neutral I don't see a reason behind this like blyx said its not a good idea to give out info on ban history

12. TropicalSleep

TropicalSleep Active Member

100% support. I love this, I dislike not knowing if someone was banned, quit, and is just on vacation especially if they have good shops and are waiting on them to restock.

On the note of it not being fair to players that were banned there is an extremely easy fix to that.... :D

If players want privacy and don't want people see their ban history...just follow the rules! Then you will never have to worry about people looking up your bans :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.