Economy /auction

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Mai, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    yeah dupes are fine
    wdym??!?!?!?!? a dupe would wreck the economy, if that happens im sure a large chunk of the playerbase would quit, do you want that?

2. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    My bad meant to say how would dupes affect the economy any differently with an auction? It wouldn’t be any different than it is now there’s many ways to still sell items

3. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    dude... you realize you can take items off AH right? it would be the same for auctions
    And if there is an auction dupe, people will obviously take advantage of it and buy cheap items off the auction and sell them via trade shops or /ah

4. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    And vice versa, you can buy an item off of ah or shops and put them up for auction for quick money. There’s no difference in selling it either way. Duping isn’t an issue when it comes to an auction. There’s many other ways items can still be sold

and besides, there hasn’t been a rare item dupe problem in a very long time

5. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    u are making no sense right now? and just because duping hasnt been a problem doesnt mean there wont ever be one
    and duping is an issue when it comes to an auction?
    if theres 10 of an item it will be expensive
    if theres 10 thousand it will be cheap
    thats how duping works
    it massively decreases prices of items

6. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    I’m pretty sure I’m making sense.

No where did I say that duping wouldn’t affect the economy, I’m saying duping would affect the economy the same way if an auction command was there or not. It would be a problem either way. Adding an auction wouldn’t change how it affected the economy.

And yes I know how supply and demand works

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

This is hardly relevant to the implementation of an auction feature on the server.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    im saying that adding an auction could cause there to be a dupe

9. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    How does adding an auction cause a dupe?

10. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

This has hardly been an issue when you have supported the implementation of plenty of other plugins that by your logic would pose the exact same amount of risk of carrying a dupe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Well, the thing about plugins is you're meant to use multiple of them in one server. Having one plugin that doesn't have dupes by itself doesn't mean that it won't have dupes when its used with other plugins such as the ones Skyblock is currently using.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  12. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

I'm sorry but this is completely irrelevant to this suggestion in every possible way.
    With this logic, you're saying literally any new plugin could cause a dupe meaning we shouldn't add more to the server. That's not right.

If there somehow turns out to be a dupe out of nowhere, the devs will instantly fix it. There's no need to be extremely worried about something that is very likely never going to happen, and if it did, it's up to the devs.

An auction plugin already exists, many do actually.
    An auction will only last up to 5 minutes maximum. Only one player can auction an item at a time, meaning that an auction cannot last very long. It also makes bidding happen more likely because everyone has a very limited time to get the item.

Anyways thank you for your response.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. clxrity

clxrity Experienced Member

IGN:
    clxrity
    This is like the only downside to adding this really. People who are unaware of the auction plugin so therefore unaware that they can cancel an auction when it's clear that someone's about to grab it for not-your-intended price rather than having an actual active auction over it as you intended. One thing I will say though, you can always set a minimum bid and if doing it properly, you never have to leave an auction (as the auctioneer) unsatisfied.

It seems like your main reasoning for not wanting it added is because the other ways of auctioning and/or buying/selling on economy are already efficient enough. I don't necessarily disagree, I think they all work for different aspects of how you want to buy/sell. This is also precisely why /auc would be a good re-addition too, though.

An active auction in the chat is an amazing way to gather more engagement in the server in almost every way. It displays an item that is desirable, makes other people already playing engage by either deciding to try and buy that item, become aware of that item and its value in the first place (just by witnessing how much people will start to bid on it). It also can start a conversation and the classic fun of giving someone on the server joking crap for outbidding you (and vise versa).
    Auctions are also just fun, and sometimes even intense and extremely engaging (particularly when someone is auctioning something rare). People also will auction things off for cheap as a way for new players to get them. Sometimes, these auctions which start at lower prices are also the only way that some players can end up obtaining things they normally wouldn't, which would only serve to have items more fluctuant across the server and benefitting/flowing the economy.

I think there is literally no harm in adding this back, it's fun, it's engaging, and could quite frankly always be removed if it ended up being something that impacted the server in a bad way (which I don't particularly think will even happen).
    It's fun and feels accomplishing to win an auction, and it's fun to try and win. It's like a competition sometimes, it's just fun.

ANywaAYs, ye, support.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    Support ! would be great to see this og plugin on the server again.

15. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    Bump for Mai : D still would love to see an auction get added as it brings a lot of new life to the chat and new players can easily get involved

16. cuteymeow

cuteymeow Active Member

IGN:
    cuteymeow
    SUPPORT! Auctions are amazing! They are fun, and will make the economy server much more interesting! Plus, some shops with items that some players may need, are often out of stock. So if someone auctions an item that person needs; it would be a great benefit to them if they win! : )

17. Xstevey

Xstevey Active Member

IGN:
    Stevecracking90s
    Support.....this is kinda how auctions work irl so why call it an auction house if your just putting stuff up for sale at a fixed price.

18. Calidre

IGN:
    Calidre
    I'm glad this was bumped, re-support for one of the most fun economy-related plugins that can be added ; )

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Honestly, I support this. I feel like the current system doesn’t allow players to potentially earn more money for something other players really want. I miss the way the old auction plug-in worked.

20. Beens

Beens Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BeensMC
    You don't know how much I want this. That classic auction plugin with the blue font, gosh the nostalgia. I hope they add this back for that alone, but one of the main parts of an auction is the bidding aspect. The current ah is essentially just a GUI storefront, which is fine and useful but to also have the live auction is a win. People always complain the chat is dead on eco so having it going in the chat I see as a win.