Withdrawn Archer's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by archerexpert777, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Yea probably timezones.

2. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    Your application is not bad, per se, with the content it contains, however I do think that it would be wise to try formatting it a bit, adding spaces between bullet points, maybe adding bold to the names of the qualities. Also, there is a little bit of 'un-needed' text - e.g when talking about being helpful, all it needs is "I enjoy helping others, I always have". If there is not a lot to say, as you say in the friendly section, there is no need to say it.

Please know I am saying this to help your application appeal more, there is no negative intention in this reply. It's a neutral support from me, your application is good other than the points I listed above. I will change the support as I get to know you in-game, though I am not on .net regulary, I will look out for you!

Good luck with your application :p

3. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Hey, thanks for providing some great feedback. I will update my application, just can't find the right time to update it. I do need to update it as there are few things thst need to be changed :p

Also I'll hope to see you more ingame, as I have arrived back from Arizona last night :)

4. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    I realize that I didn’t post why my support stance is how it is. I apologize, you deserve to know why.

Overall, the reasons Lycel stated above really sum it up, but with my personal experiences with you, you don’t seem to have the maturity and level-headedness required for this volunteer position. You also tend to take jokes too seriously and go too far sometimes, which can get you a bad reputation among players as a staff member and potentially get reported on.

5. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Thanks for your feedback :p

I don't understand what you mean that I take jokes too seriously, like do you mean as in not respond well with them or what? It'd be nice if you can clarify with that. But however I do see your point of me going too far sometimes sometimes do that but I will work on making that less common, as that is just me. IF you want to talk about it more PM me, leave a message on my profile, or DM me on discord :)

Hope to change your support status :heart:

6. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    I mean taking jokes too seriously is kinda self explanatory. Like you can’t digest the humor and think it’s serious instead of a joke, but on the opposite spectrum your jokes can go way too far sometimes, and you ride or die them.

7. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Alright I can understand your point, however I feel that that was long time ago that happened, and I was a little jerk then. You just came back (not that its the problem) so a lot of things have happened since. :p

To make it short, that was long time ago and from what I recall, I don't remember taking a joke too seriously. I hope to change your viewpoint soon :p

thanks

8. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Been two weeks. So I guess I'll bump this : )

9. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Archer, as a friend, id love to resupport you, but as a player, im gonna be rocking a no support.
    Something you can change now is:

- Putting your supporters, no supporters, and neutralists in spoiler tabs per category.
    ------------------------------
    Things you need to work on over time to get my support:

-Consistent activity
    -Enforcing rules
    -and not just repeating what they are
    -Interactively helping others
    -Helping others out in general
    ----------------------
    theres probably a lot more, but youre missing the key things staff members need to know, have, and focus on. Good luck

10. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Thanks for your feedback, I believe I have been more active lately despite with some issues with logging in, as well has helping out more as you have said. It may be because of you being afk. Often times I am on when you're afk. Regarding the second point, it may seem I have been repeating them, but you may have been aware that when I do log into my laptop, the connection is really slow for me so when someone seems (or is) breaking a rule, I type my message out, but often times it doesnt show up in the chat after a minute or so and when it does show up, already other people would have stated the rule so that's why it may seem I am repeating the rules. :)

I'll see you next time in game. If you wanna talk about it, feel free to shoot a discord PM :p

And thanks for the suggestion, I will add a spoiler to the supports, no supports, and neutralists :)

11. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    No Support,

It seems like you went inactive.

12. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    When? I was last active saturday as well as yestrerday although for a short period. I was quite active during the last 2-3 weeks. I don't know if it is because of timezones or you being afk.

I would reconsider you changing the status, it would be nice of you as I have been more active in the past couple weeks.

Thanks for your feedback I will try and be more active

13. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Not to bump my application, but forgot to update it last night so here you go. If you don't want to go back to the first page that's cool I'll give a run down :p

14. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    Hello archer, I appreciate the time you have made to make an application. I personally have met you and you're a fun, nice and caring person. I think that you create a positive and helpful environment, but I think you do have a bit to work on. I see you help in game, but if you're always in minechat, that doesn't go a long way. As for the rest of your qualities, I'd say you're pretty well off. Your application? Straight to the point with enough information to know who, what and why. However, there are quite a bit of grammatical errors and typos I suggest you fix. Nobody will be able to take you seriously if you do not show formal statements. I think you're a great person and I genuinely think with enough work you could be mod material.

15. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Hi thank you! I am mainly on minechat if I am outside of my home often or someone is using my computer. I do try to get on PC a lot but do understand that minechat will not replace me. It's just an additional support for when im on the go and would want to hop in game.

I will correct the grammar mistakes in the application, I have done it once before but I'll do it again :). Do you have a support status? :p

Thanks gal :heart:

EDIT: I have updated the application with the edits. :D

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  16. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Im pretty sure you don't need to put your state in the title of the app

17. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

Certainly one of the most helpful and determined members on the forums as of now. Not sure about your activity in game but I'm sure compared to previous critically acclaimed mods you'll do fine. I believe as of now you're the most deserving of a moderator position on the server. The time you've put in, your respect for the rules, they all represent a well rounded member of this community.

You have my support.

18. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    Few people did it so I am trying it out. I was curious about it so decided to give it a try. Thanks, for giving me your feedback. I'll remove it. I didn't like the layout of it anyways :p

thanks cheesy, It's been a wild ride with you and its been great to have you back better than ever. Hope life is treating you well! :p

19. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    I recommend you change is at someone may confuse it with Canada as the abbreviation for it is CA (which initially confused me because i was 100% you never moved to there lol)

20. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    hahaha, it's gone now so you can now focus making me some curry ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.