USA Archer's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by archerexpert777, Nov 27, 2018.

1. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member Premium

IGN:
    archerexpert777
    Hi, I am archerexpert777 or known as archer. I am from Southern California. For those of you who are not a fan or hate me with a passion, I apologize for any inconvenience I have done to do (assuming you haven't done anything wrong to me)

Your in-game name:
    archerexpert777

What time zone are you in?
    Pacific Time

What country do you live in?
    United States

What languages do you speak?
    English and a little bit of Spanish. I have taken two Spanish classes in my last year of high school so I have a basic understanding of some Spanish, as part of the high school graduation requirement

Do you have 2FA enabled?
    Yes I do,
    It is at the bottom of the thread :)

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Yes, I have F2 and Windows 10 game recorder.
    Often times I can be on Minechat and because of my phone's software, it automatically pops up a recording tool icon that can allow me to record or take a screenshot of whatever needs to be taken.

Why do you think you should become a mod?

• Helpful: I'm going to be straight on this. I like being helpful. Not because I have to, but rather its part of me I always like to do. I’ve helped many people since I joined this server. It’s not just in-game, it’s also outside of the server for real-life issues. If anyone needs anything from a block of wood to couple grass, I would be more than happy to give it to them, like I don’t mind at all :)

• Friendly: Similar to being helpful, going to be straight on this: I am friendly. What else do you want me to say? I have an open and chill personality that makes it welcoming for everyone (if not a lot of people :p) There’s not a lot to say really and the way you can see is through meeting and engaging with me :p

• Active: On my old mod app (Private message me for the link) I was told my activity was not the best for one applying to be a moderator. I took that into account heavily and worked on being as active as much I can be while balancing my personal, school and social life. I am active at least four times per week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Weekends are unusual for me to get in-game. Forums wise I am active every single day. I am on discord everyday. Can't say much to be really honest because it's quite obvious once you start scrolling up the chat history.
    • Experienced: Now before you think experienced as in moderating, I do not mean that. Experienced, as in real life, so much I can relate a lot of things that people say. As a 20-year-old full-time student at a Community College, I have gone through a lot of things, believe it or not, the times I was forced to go through are not what most people get to see first hand. It may have been somewhat unlucky for me, but the good side to this is that I can help people who are going through things I have gone through in their lives and assist them in any way to make it easier for them. This may be subjective to some people, but I think that if you have the real-life experiences, you are able to understand and judge certain situations more correctly and base your decision off of that more than simply what the rules say.
    • Accepting: As stated previously, I have a chill and accepting personality. Where I grew up, I was taught to accept others, no matter who they are and where they grew up in, and include them into your social groups. Even if you’re some real flashy kid talking about supreme and spamming people to get the most expensive donor kit, I still will accept you and talk to you. :)
    • Mature: This is from my viewpoint and can be highly subjective to a lot of people. If you want to discuss this please leave a private message or leave a message on my profile and we can discuss this.:p In my eyes, a person is mature if they can communicate well, be respectful of others, and follow what is necessary while not being too cocky then I think they are mature. No one is perfect, neither am I nor you, but as long as you can finish the job then that’s what matters.
    • The Need for Moderators: Currently, there are no moderators in my time zones, as the last one has resigned, 5 months ago. Often when I get on, there are no moderators/helpers online to help out. That being said, in my opinion, (can be disagreeable) we need more pacific time mods :).
    How long can you be active on the server every day?
    I am on at least 4-5 times sometimes more, depending on my college schedule. Bear in mind there will be a lot of events happening, mostly related to my college so there will be times where I may be on everyday or be on couple times a week. If I am away from my laptop or just cannot log into the server, I will try and log into Minechat, assuming there isn't anything important I have to take care of on that day. For anyone about to say "You can't use Minechat as a permanent thing" yes that is true and understand on Minechat, you are limited to only chatting.

In game
    Monday: 30+ minutes*
    Tuesday: 30+ minutes*
    Wednesday:30+ minutes*
    Thursday:30+ minutes*
    Friday:30+ minutes*
    Saturday: Likely
    Sunday: Likely, but best chance would be 11AM-1PM, that too 30+ minutes*

Forums
    Monday: 8AM-11PM**
    Tuesday: 8AM-11PM**
    Wednesday: 8AM-11PM**
    Thursday: 8AM-11PM**
    Friday: 8AM-11PM**
    Saturday: 8AM-11PM**
    Sunday: 8AM-11PM**

Discord
    Monday: 9AM-7PM**
    Tuesday: 9AM-7PM**
    Wednesday: 9AM-7PM**
    Thursday: 9AM-7PM**
    Friday: 9AM-7PM**
    Saturday: Rare
    Sunday: Rare

*Exact times vary depending on how much work I have for college. Weeks before Finals or midterms I will be on a lot less
    **I am not on continuously but rather pop in really often

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    Since 2015 :p

Have you ever been banned in the past?
    (Forums & In-game)
    Apart from a glitch that banned me unexpectedly in 2016, I have never been banned in-game.
    I have been banned on forums twice for really really minor infractions, all of them were almost a year ago (as I post this application). One was for saying a sexual word and other was for posting a thread about these poor kids that suffered. PM me about the details. Since then had no new bans. Some of you may have been informed about it.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
    No.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    Yes

50 Post Count
    Yes

Two Factor Authentication
    Yes

2 Weeks registered on the Skyblock forums?
    Yes

Moderators are required to have Skype, Teamspeak 3, or Discord for offline communication.

Yes.

Discord: archerexpert777 [cc] #2727

Thanks for reading, if you want to know more about any of the points I said, PM me :D. If you have something related to this, please PM me or leave a message on my profile and we can sort it from there :D.
    I would greatly appreciate if there are no hate posts here thank you! :)

Attached Files:

• 2FA.PNG
      2FA.PNG
      File size:
      9.3 KB
      Views:
    • Support Support x 20
    • Neutral Neutral x 20
    • No Support No Support x 11
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  2. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    I think you could be a decent forum moderator but you are somewhat inactive in-game, neutral until your activity increases

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. ItsRed

ItsRed Active Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    seen you a bit in-game, nice mature always see you in discord

So support id love to give more reasons but im too tired

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. archerexpert777

IGN:
    archerexpert777
    Hey Bill, as I stated I am in college so it is hard for me to be active daily. There are few times I was on daily but that's because my workload was small. As I get closer to December, it is going to get busy so the activity is less :p

Thanks <3

5. _Splat1221_

_Splat1221_ Active Member

IGN:
    Splat1221
    You are mature.
    Nice.
    Would be a good helper,
    But,
    You need to help more in chat.
    Good luck! :)
    Neutral.

6. archerexpert777

IGN:
    archerexpert777
    Heyy thanks for your status, I don't know if it's because you're afk or you're busy but I often help out in chat :D

Oh that too not in private messages

Thanks <3

7. _Splat1221_

IGN:
    Splat1221
    Sry for the misunderstanding.

8. archerexpert777

IGN:
    archerexpert777
    It's cool!

Quick question is your status the same or it has changed now that this misunderstanding has been cleared :p

9. _Splat1221_

IGN:
    Splat1221
    <3 Friendly <3 :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Everyone

Everyone Active Member

IGN:
    i_am_youtuber
    no way you'd be horrible

jk support ily <3

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    Now that your font has been changed, we can finally crack down to business.
    I think youre a friendly player. An exceptionally friendly player. But youre more active on discord than anything else. i get you have a college schedule but if things are gonna be inconsistent with times, Im gonna stick with a neutral. im leaning towards support. good luck, archer

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Arceus

Arceus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Arceuz
    Neutral,

I've seen you on but not helping.

I think it is recommended to help people more and stay on longer.

13. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparklez
    Neutral I don’t see you helping like stated above but your active
    Good luck

14. archerexpert777

IGN:
    archerexpert777
    Thanks for your feedback, I try to help out as much as I can. Might be the situation or just different times I get on :p

Thanks <3

Lol

Thanks <3

15. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Ik but if you cant be that active then I suggest you just apply for forum moderator because you cant help much in game

And we live in the same timezone so its not like timezones

16. BertBerry

BertBerry Moderator Staff Member

IGN:
    BurpBerry
    Neutral, just want to see you more active in game and helping. Good luck!

17. Prxc

Prxc Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    JamesIsCancelled
    No support, you’re quite open about how you’re rarely able to get in game - that’s what we need moderated the most. You’re extremely friendly and I know you only want the best for players, however in some aspects you are very immature.
    I’d like to see improvements on in game activity, and overall maturity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Moderator Staff Member

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Neutral, your activity on forums and discord is great, but we really need staff who can be active in game and as you're honest about, you have quite a busy schedule right now.

You're a lovely person and you do help out sometimes, but at times you can also be a little immature.

Good luck Archer! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Eleanora

Eleanora Experienced Member

There is no doubt that you are friendly and experienced. You're basically everywhere and I've never seen you disrespect anyone or start drama on the server or on discord. Im not really sure about the mature part and im still not fully convinced about your age but ok. I think its a good thing that you include your times and that you might be busy at some times during the year and in my opinion thats a good thing because at least you own up to it and tell us in advance unlike the multiple mods who havent even given any explanation and disappeared and are still somehow mod.
    And we do have many usa mods but im not sure that they are very active. And you as a player are 100% more active than those mods I just mentioned. When Ive seen u online you always helped people who asked stuff and if you just worked on that activity it would be perfect.
    For now I dont see anything that speaks against this so why not?
    Support that is very close to neutral but still support.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. SpicylilPink

SpicylilPink Active Member

IGN:
    SpicylilPink
    While I do think you are a cool guy, you aren't online frequently enough and I don't see you helping out. You are very active on forums so that's great. I can't speak for discord because I don't go on there frequently. But yeah neutral for now.