Closed Announcing Mafro's Pony Racing Club! =D

Discussion in 'Giveaways & Competitions Archive' started by Mafro, Sep 10, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mafro

Mafro Active Member

IGN:
    Mafrorific
    Hey all, I'm announcing a fun new competitive event that I'll be hosting on a more or less ongoing basis - horse racing!

TLDR Video:

A bunch of us are forming a horse racing club! We're going to get onto Discord every once in a while - I'm thinking weekly, though it could happen more often - where we'll talk smack to each other and then settle our differences on the race track I've built on my island! I intend to stream these events, so even those who don't climb in the saddle can partake, or even watch live from the grandstands!

Anyone is welcome to join the club. The only thing you need is a horse on my island. You can get a horse in one of three ways:
    1. Throw your own horse spawn egg on my island
    2. Buy the right to tame one of the untamed horses I keep on my island (currently costing 16g)
    3. Buy the right to breed two of the existing horses on my island from their owners - you pay the owners, breed their horses, and then you tame the offspring
    Once you've got your own tamed horse on my island, you need to saddle it and give it a name with a name tag. That's it! You can do other stuff, like set a price for breeding rights with your horse, which will likely be higher for the faster horses (faster horses have faster offspring).

The track has different modes it can operate in, some with obstacles, some without. This means that some skill will be involved - the faster horse won't necessarily win. Watch the video above for details.

There will be prize races where each racer will pay a specific entry fee, such as 8 grass in a Tier 1 Race, to get a chance to win a prize pot against up to 7 other racers! The prize pot will consist of 7 out of every 8 grass paid in entry fees by those in the race. So, to join a Tier 1 race would cost you 8 grass and against 7 other racers you'd have a chance to win a prize of 56 grass! :money::hah:

If the members want, we can organize higher tier races with bigger entry fees and bigger prizes! Here are the 7 tiers being considered:
    Tier 1 - 8 grass entry fee - up to 56g prize
    Tier 2 - 16 grass entry fee - up to 112g prize
    Tier 3 - 64 grass entry fee - up to 7 stacks prize
    Tier 4 - 3 stack entry fee - up to 21 stacks prize
    Tier 5 - 8 stack entry fee (in a shulker) - up to 56 stacks prize (over 1 dub)
    Tier 6 - 16 stack entry fee (in a shulker) - up to 112 stacks prize (over 2 dubs)
    Tier 7 - 1 full shulker entry fee - up to 7 shulkers prize (3.5 dubs)​

If these sorts of shenanigans sound fun, then swing by my island and I'll help you get a horse!

Oh, to keep entity counts low and avoid lag, I'm placing a limit of 32 horses on the island. Around 15 of these slots have already been claimed even before this formal announcement, so don't delay in claiming yours!

If you've got suggestions for this event or thoughts you'd like to share, please reply to this thread!

Thanks!

Yours Horsin' Around,

~Mafro

2. GrahamboPC

GrahamboPC Member

IGN:
    GrahamboPC
    I will do this!

3. Mafro

Mafro Active Member

IGN:
    Mafrorific
    Quick update - we already have 16 members of the Horse Racing Club! These include:
    Cuppy
    Emy
    Artz
    ChrisMcLean
    Togpuss
    Odie
    Kevloo
    Austin
    Jake
    Frosty
    Pepperkid
    Grahambo
    Os
    Quoken
    Escapist
    Emily

There are still a few more stalls left in the stables, so if you want to join us you still can! As a reminder, all you need to join the club is a horse on my island. You can throw your own horse spawn egg or buy one of the untamed horses we have for that purpose (for 16g).

Speaking of races, we had our first few semi-formal prize races! Winners include Tog (twice), Emy, Frost, and Os (twice). Everyone had a lot of fun! We're all also realizing that - believe it or not - horse racing takes some skill, especially when it comes to timing jumps over obstacles on the walled track.

Now that we seem to have largely worked out the bugs (and there were a couple, thankfully small), I hope to stream upcoming races and share them for all to see!

If you'd like to be part of the fun, feel free to reach out to me in-game!

~Mafro

4. Mafro

Mafro Active Member

IGN:
    Mafrorific
    Just had a great evening of races! Here's our first stream!

Who can tell me how many times Emy said, "just one more..."? :lmao:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2023
  5. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    I love this concept mafro! Thanks for bringing so much joi into the community :heart:

6. Mafro

Mafro Active Member

IGN:
    Mafrorific
    We've managed to free up a couple stalls! If you'd like to join the Pony Club and take part in horse racing, ping me here or in-game! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.