Allow suggestions for discord, in game shop prices, lucky crates, donor perks, rules

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by lowfps10, Feb 26, 2019.

1. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    There are some things we can't make suggestions on just because the devs have no control over these, when the owner does. I never understood this at all. Noobcrew can still take a look at these suggestions and implement them, as he had done before. I want to be able to suggest in these categories.
    • Donor ranks, perks, kits, or cooldowns
    • In-game rules (e.g., illegal items/trades, etc.)
    • The availability or prices of items sold at /warp trade or similar in-game shops
    • The contents of the lucky crates or their chances of winning
    • Discord

I feel like there's something I'm missing here, please let me know of there is.

• Support Support x 3
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    • No Support No Support x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  2. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    support on your idea about discord, however I don't know about the other suggestions as it would be best to make a discussion about it :)

I had a thread similar to yours about discord suggestions

3. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral,

The problem is that the Developers and Noobcrew are still working on Economy, They have to stay focus on that.

4. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    that doesn't mean they'll never improve the other areas mentioned

Also one of the big issues is the lack of end resources in the shop, but we can't suggest on it because they 'can't' consider it.

5. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    All of the highlighted are essentially gameplay related and so submitting a suggestion to that area would be fine. As for Discord, I'd just speak to one of the higher ups on discord if you think something should be changed, as I don't think creating a new sub-forum just for that would be necessary due to the very few suggestions it would receive. Regarding 'the devs have no control over these', 'the owner does [have control]' well you pretty much answered your own question. As I stated before, most of the examples you gave WERE gameplay suggestions, as they affect in-game play, and I'm sure if Noob deemed them needed changes/additions then he would take the appropriate action. Noobcrew often sees these threads and reacts/responds to them.

6. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10

7. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I would just want to at least be able to make suggestions about shop.skyblock.net. Things like the /skyblock Skytitan package have false information in the description, saying you can still make your prefix [Donor], even though that was just for /classic.

Or the most confusing thing of them all, $5 for 10 grass. I feel like if grass is that expensive, nobody will buy it. They should either change amount, or just remove it all together. Tons of people buy the pig spawner or the elytra, then sell those in-game for grass right as they get them.

There's a lot more I want to go on about, but we'll save that for if they ever make a thread for it lol

8. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    Your first example is more of a bug and should be reported here, however I somewhat agree with the latter.

9. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    you’re right that noobcrew could implement these changes if he wanted to, but he doesn’t.
    afaik donor ranks/perks on skyblock and classic won’t ever be changed, so there’s no point in suggesting them. i’m not sure if there were any changes to economy ranks since it was brought back
    server/forum rules won’t ever be changed unless there’s something inherently wrong with them that disrupts gameplay
    suggestions on these topics are oftentimes more so complaints than suggestions. warp trade prices haven’t been changed in ever, so i doubt those would likely be changed

im not going to comment on discord suggestions simply bc im not on the sb discord server so i wouldn’t know

10. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    The main reason for automatically denying suggestions falling under these categories is to limit the suggestions section to threads that could realistically be implemented, while also not forcing us to reply to each individual thread that falls under one of these categories in order to explain why we cannot accept it. There are quite a few topics that we have decided to remove from the suggestion section, such as pricings, because many suggestions involving them will most likely receive an immense amount of community support, despite the fact that it is not something that we can realistically accept. As an example, if someone were to suggest that all default rank prices be reduced by 50% on the store, realistically, there would be very few people that wouldn't support that; who wouldn't want the same items for a cheaper price. With that being said, however, that would not be a suggestion that could ever really get accepted without a reason, because it is rather arbitrary, and doesn't benefit the server in any significant way; it's not really something that is up for discussion. It is not so much that we have no control over it, but rather they are not suggestions that can be accepted, as it would just spiral downhill; what players may think is a good suggestion in the moment, might turn out to have very bad consequences.

As stated before, the server ranks are not really a topic up for discussion. If there is some sort of error, such as a discrepancy between prices or items advertised in-game and on the store, it is fine to suggest that it by fixed, but changing the ranks, kits, or perks themselves is not something that can be suggested. They have been this way for quite some time, and work because they are consistent. There isn't really a way to change them without angering players. If a player bought a cheap rank, that was later improved with more commands that used to be exclusive to a higher donation rank, there would almost definitely be players upset by the fact that they paid extra money for a perk they could have gotten for a much cheaper price if they had waited. An example of this could be if /fly was added to the $25 rank. Similarly, if permissions were taken away or altered, there would also certainly be players upset by the fact that they thought they had purchased a set of commands, kits, and/or perks, which were removed at a later date without any sort of compensation. The best way to avoid unnecessary arguments or conflicts is to just avoid suggestions falling under that category altogether. If players cannot suggest these changes, there is no way for arguments to arise.

Similarly to the issue regarding donation ranks/perks, the rules are also quite non-negotiable, as it would just lead to more conflict. Paraphrasing Jess, unless there are flaws within the current rules that need to be immediately fixed, they are going to stay the same. It would be much more confusing for players, especially those that don't use the forums often, to have to constantly check back on the thread in order to make sure that they aren't breaking another arbitrary rule that was recently added. This is also part of the reason many successful ban appeals end with the offender repeating the rules in their own words; they are not likely to change, and assures us that if the player has read through the thread, restating the rules, they can be held more accountable in the future, if they break more rules, as there is no way to claim that they were not aware of what rules they were required to abide by. Many players don't bother looking at the rules more than once, if even that, and it would only cause confusion to frequently update the list.

The reason for this is that warp trade was never meant to run the economy by itself; the prices are intentionally quite expensive, in order to promote trading among players, rather than relying completely on the warp. It should be more of a 'last resort' per se, if you are not able to find any other players selling the materials. This ensures that there is no set price for some of the more valuable materials, allowing players to dictate how the economy will function themselves; they can't simply conclude that a certain item is always worth a certain amount of grass, because that is the price at the warp. If you look throughout the server's history, prices of various items have drastically changed over time, and tend to fluctuate; they are determined by supply and demand.

I don't have a whole lot to say about this section, as it is very similar to the issue of suggestions regarding donor ranks, kits, or perks; it is much better to keep them consistent, and will avoid possible conflicts. Players know exactly what they are gambling for when opening a crate, and don't have to worry about the possibility of the prizes changing at random times. To provide an example, if someone were to purchase a legendary key from the store, in hopes of receiving a specific prize, which was later removed before they could open the key, I could imagine that they would be quite upset. Similarly, if a new item was added, it would be unfair to players who have previously opened legendary keys, if the new item was of more value, to them, than what they had initially received.

Discord is quite a different subject, but has similar reasonings. The developers' job is to work on the server specifically, as that is the platform that needs the most assistance. They already have quite an extensive list of things to work on, and don't need to added pressure of managing another platform, which is not the main focus of the server. They don't have the time to look through Discord suggestions, as Discord is not the main focus of Skyblock. We didn't even have a Discord for quite some time; it's just a nice addition for players to be able to communicate with each other, even if they are not actively in-game. This section is also specifically reserved for gameplay suggestions; Discord doesn't really belong here, even if they did have the time to manage it in addition to the server itself.

Sorry about the rather long reply. Please feel free to ask me to clarify anything that doesn't make sense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    He does for some suggestions. This one is about the price of an item in warp trade, which such suggestions are declined now.

price of lapis in warp grass | Page 2 | Skyblock Forums

12. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
  13. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Not to get off topic, but as soon as I saw your multi paragraph essay I gave up reading it lool

14. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    You never know when things need changing. Heck, forums never gets changes and you can still make suggestions on it. Are we going to remove the ability to make forums suggestions because it never gets changed?

Discord is like the easiest of the skyblock platforms to develop for, because it is meant for everyone, not just those who know programming. It wouldn't take long to implement any sort of suggestions for the server.

Ikr

15. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    forum suggestions get implemented all the time

16. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Really? There aren't a lot of posts in the forums update section.

Just checked, and most of the posts are bug fixes or just new tags.

17. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    yeah because those are suggestions for actual issues. myself and michael have already stated why the aforementioned things don’t need suggestions and/or changes.