[All Servers] Reduce the spawnrate for diamonds in nether fortresses

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by ItsRed, Jun 30, 2019.

1. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    So I had a brief chat with haberson on how we could fix the diamond economy and one point he brought up was when there is a new nether wipe nether fortresses aren't looted and in his own words he said "you can spend a hour in the nether and walk out with a stack of dias and unless that is fixed the economy will stay broken" thats a vague copy of his words so this and a few other things may be able to mildly heal the diamond economy

• No Support No Support x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    I already talked to lee about this I think he said it’s not possible to replace the items or alter the chances.
    I think the nether should reset every 6 months -1 year
    But support if this can be achievable I say replace all diamonds with grass

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Monster there is a loot table that they can alter i think but if they cant change the spawnrate then maybe they can chnage the loot table itself with like you said grass

4. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    I wouldnt want dias to be insanely difficult to aquire. Theyre still a nice ore to craft things with. The diamond economy is a tricky debate, and one thing I've learned is that a simple solution to a complex issue looks best in writing.

Overall neutral leaning no support. I'm okay with the current economy and how it functions and if players want to come out with a stack of diamonds in the nether, then let them have fun and enjoy themselves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. skyleaf

skyleaf Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Skittty
    [​IMG]

As someone that commonly utilizes the Nether to get materials, I don't think this is a real problem. I usually hit about 3-5 fortresses every time I venture out (probably around 2-4 hours of exploring), and I rarely find any more than ~5-6 diamonds. Not really that many.

Not every fortress spawns with the interior area (the only area in which chests spawn), among other things (fortresses can be hard to find, having to travel thousands of blocks to find unlooted fortresses, etc). I personally don't think the spawn rates need to be nerfed.

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Really nice graph I get your point but when do you venture out to the nether. when the nether resets their are tons of diamonds regenerated I think that's when players walk off with stacks of diamonds.
    and not to mention their isn't really an anti cheat many players can easily download a hacked client and fly to fortresses I think their should be an anti cheat in the nether

7. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I have tried this, though usually to negative results. I can easily remove diamonds from the chests, but have not found a consistent way to only delete the naturally spawned ones, and not ones players placed in the chests. The code I had was just a simple "if chest is opened in nether, remove diamonds from the chest". Using that, a player could put diamonds in the chest, close it, then open it again and their diamonds would be gone. I remedied this by having a separate save file which tracked which chests had already been opened in the nether, and then not messing with those chests after their initial interaction.

A very CPU intensive alternative that also works is to process all chunks when they're rendered in the nether. Any time the chunk load event is triggered, you check if it's the chunks first time loading. If it is, then you scan the entire chunk block by block for a chest. If it finds a chest, it then removes any diamonds from the chest. This has the upside of clearing all chests immediately, and doesn't require an additional save file, but runs the issue of spiking CPU usage while it scans the chunk for chests.

All that said, you're a lot smarter than me when it comes to this kinda stuff, so you probably could find better ways or more optimized means of doing it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I don't think having a nether reset every 6 months is a good idea, considering there are players who are thirsty for nether fortresses lol .

Keep the current rate 1 reset every month or so

9. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Nether fortresses are sources of diamonds it was an idea I had throw out there to help them he economy theirs 2 main things we can do
    Replace Dias with grass
    Or keep Dias and change the reset dates for longer periods of time

10. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    Honestly removing the nether would be the best solution, I'm sure it causes a lot of lag and honestly isn't worth the upkeep in my opinion. Although, wouldn't mind the diamonds being nerfed, as there are people who hack or abuse the fortresses, and that does kind of ruin the appreciation for diamonds, so support

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    The nether is useful to get resources like netherrack, nether bricks, blaze rods, nether quartz warts, etc. Removing the nether wouldn't be the best idea.

Nerfing the diamond spawn rate for nether fortresses is fine

12. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    guys one thing youre getting wrong here is that the server didnt make diamonds the currency they made it grass and it will always be grass diamonds were merely a crafting material at first but then since diamonds were so essential in crafting the best God armors and weapons people started trading them around so often it came a currency the server didnt do it, WE did.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    I disagree the server didn’t set a currency in fact it can’t, we chose it to be our currency and diamonds. people are just growing distant from diamonds and forgetting it was a currency and still is

14. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    thats what i was saying but sorry if it was unclear i was saying we made diamonds another currency the server did however set a currency with the villagers at spawn accepting only grass, the currency that they set by default, diamonds became our- ooOoH! no diamonds were also a currency just a rare one! the villagers at /warp donor had diamonds and grass accepted for currency
    ahhh

15. NorthYYY

NorthYYY Active Member

I think the only reason to go to the nether is for fly hackers to ruin the economy it would be nice to see diamonds removed or lowered jurasticaly so maybe the diamonds economy could be saved diamonds at time of this 3 grass is lowering each nether reset

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    1) Flying in the nether is disabled
    2) fly hacks are not allowed and result in a ban

17. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    The diamond economy indirectly impacts the quartz economy since one diamond can be traded for four quartz blocks at /warp trade. I don't know if altering loot tables in nether fortresses solves this but I would like to see a change in the diamond (and quartz) prices somehow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NorthYYY

NorthYYY Active Member

Well no one can see them so nothing is stoping them from doing so