Closed Addressing Lackluster Moderation and /Economy Neglect

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by Concerns, Jan 23, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concerns

Concerns New Member

Dear Community,

Preface

I want to begin by stating that my intention is not to spread negativity or undermine anyone or anything. I am addressing an issue with the utmost civility and in a level-headed manner because I believe it is crucial to shed light on a matter that requires attention and instigate positive change.

I would also like to mention that all statements, insights, and suggestions stated below are presented as verifiable facts. These assertions have been thoroughly examined and verified, no generalizations nor assumptions have be made. Many of the concerns mentioned have been individually and independently voiced by various members of the community, all of whom shall remain anonymous. I hope this reflects my commitment to accuracy and transparency in addressing the concerns within our community.

The Core of the Problem: Lack of Economy Staff

Contrary to what some may argue, the core of the problem is not an overall lack of staff, it is a lack of active Economy staff members. Even the addition of a single active Economy player who recently applied for a staff position could significantly enhance the overall mod presence in Economy tenfold. It's essential not to dismiss this argument. Claims made by certain mods about their active involvement in Economy seem, in reality, to be far from accurate. This is not speculation or assumption; it's a verifiable fact.

Impact of Mod Presence and Inconsistency

The impact of having a mod present, even for just one hour a day, cannot be overstated. When players see a mod present, they feel empowered to address issues, believe that their concerns will be heard, and are guided towards the proper channels for reporting. Unfortunately, instances like the brief appearance of a mod, such as Moderator KingJonSnow, in eco for under 60 seconds with a dismissive comment like "I was told it's been handled," while ongoing arguments persist in the chat, is a mockery of what moderation is meant to achieve. There have been multiple instances where Super Moderator Novembree, has entered eco only to instruct players to submit reports on forums amidst active instances of racism, sexism, and general rudeness, all of which are violations of the rules. Following this, they promptly return to /Skyblock, seemingly turning a blind eye. The crux of the issue lies in the inconsistency of moderation. More often than not, a simple mute would be sufficient to resolve issues, but when mods exhibit a lack of concern for certain servers over others (/Skyblock over /Economy), it becomes evident, and it is extremely disheartening.

Repercussions on Player Base and Exodus

Furthermore, the repercussions of inadequate moderation are not confined to the immediate issues within the server; they extend to the player base. A growing number of players are expressing their frustration and dissatisfaction, with some even reaching the point of quitting the server altogether. It's disheartening to witness a community that has invested time and passion in the Skyblock experience disband due to the failure of proper moderation, as well as other issues. The exodus is not just about seeking refuge on other servers; it's a manifestation of the collective discontent stemming from the perception that their concerns are falling on deaf ears. Players, once enthusiastic contributors to the server's community, are now opting for alternatives where their experiences are met with the attention and care they rightfully deserve. This ongoing migration underscores the urgency of addressing the moderation issues to salvage not only the server's reputation but also the community's spirit. It is my sincere hope that this message serves as a wake-up call to rectify these issues promptly an adequately.

Suggested Remedial Steps: A Multifaceted Approach

To rectify the prevailing moderation concerns within the server, a multifaceted approach is not only warranted, but necessary. Undoubtedly, a comprehensive review of the current moderation team's allocation is imperative. Consider redistributing responsibilities to ensure equitable attention to all server components, with a specific focus on addressing the lack of Economy staff. Encourage active Economy players to take on moderation roles, fostering a deeper understanding of the unique challenges and nuances within that Economy specifically.

Implementing a more robust reporting system could also be beneficial. Introduce a streamlined process that allows players to report issues directly in-game, ensuring that instances of rule violations, racism, sexism, or other disruptive behavior are promptly addressed. Enhance the transparency of moderation actions by providing regular updates or summaries of resolved reports to the community, fostering trust and accountability.

Additionally, something voiced multiple times by many players, is to consider organizing periodic town hall meetings or forums where players can openly express their concerns and moderators can provide insights into their actions and decisions. This two-way communication channel can bridge the gap between the community and the moderation team, promoting understanding and collaboration.

Investing in proper and ongoing training for moderators, especially in handling diverse and sensitive issues, can contribute to a more effective and responsive team. Provide moderators with the tools and resources necessary to navigate challenging situations and enforce the rules consistently across all servers.

I strongly believe in the power of open dialogue and collaboration. To come together as a community to discuss these concerns openly and constructively, we first need Staff to create a more open environment encouraging said communication.

Ultimately, a commitment to continuous improvement, transparency, and community engagement will be instrumental in remedying the moderation issues and cultivating a more positive and inclusive environment for all players.

In Conclusion: Addressing the Discrepancy

In conclusion, the problem at hand is not directly a scarcity of staff but rather a discrepancy in the dedication and attention given to the Economy server. It is my sincere hope that this message serves as a catalyst for positive change, fostering a more inclusive and well-moderated environment for all players, of all servers.

2. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    Thank you for bringing up your concerns in an organized and clear fashion. As I have been mentioned by name I thought it wise to respond with my side of things alongside the side of the staff team. Unfortunately, your post lacks understanding of how moderation on Skyblock works in a lot of ways so I’m hoping my post will help alleviate some fears you (and others) may have regarding moderation on Economy.

Since this is not a post about the application system or applicants, I will not go in-depth on this point. Yes, having more new staff would increase the staff presence on the server across the board. However, it is entirely up to Kerahna and Krissy (our admins) to decide when and who is promoted but I assure you all applicants are reviewed regularly.

While I admit that there isn’t always a profound staff presence on Economy, I believe you are drastically exaggerating the severity of the “lack of staff” on that server. If you create a Discord Support Ticket about an issue on Economy when there are no staff currently online to assist, a staff member is typically able to hop on and assist within 10 minutes, or at most, within 1-2 hours. Urgent/severe issues are given priority of course, while other (less severe) reports may take a couple hours at most to be handled. I know this to be 100% true and verifiable because I have personally seen and can vouch for how quickly staff react to everything that is thrown at us in Discord Tickets. At the moment, Discord Tickets are the fastest way to get support on the server. I recommend that anyone experiencing issues on the server use Discord to receive assistance promptly.

For what it’s worth, I personally log into Economy for around 30 minutes a day, if not more and I know that other staff pop back and forth as well. One thing I think that’s incredibly important to state is this: Yes. Staff by and large spend more time on /Skyblock than Economy because Skyblock has more players and has more to moderate. Around 50% of all accounts on Economy are AFK accounts/accounts used for grinding so while both servers may have similar player counts at a surface level, the amount of actual active players is much less. If staff are on /Skyblock and an issue arises on /Economy, please send that staff member a quick DM to have them hop across to assist. We can’t help if we don’t know something is happening which is why reporting using discord tickets, dms or forums is crucial for good outcomes.

I would hope everyone is empowered to bring up issues/report problems whether or not a staff member is online. I understand your point that more players may be inclined to reach out if a staff member is online, but that isn’t the only way to make sure things are handled. It’s up to the player to let us know as things are happening so we can assist in the best way possible. As previously mentioned, we take all reports and listen to all concerns. Depending on severity and a number of other factors you may be met with a different outcome than you may expect, but all tickets and reports are handled and do not go without response.

---
    I will now address the alleged comments made by KingJonSnow and myself. I will address Jon’s first. I have spoken with him directly in relation to this post and there are a number of things to keep in mind.

• Coming online, handling an issue, and leaving after is perfectly acceptable. Reports come in at all hours of the day and sometimes we are busy with our jobs or other commitments when we’re pinged. Occasionally staff hop on, handle the issue quietly, and leave. If someone reported the issue they will always be informed when it has been handled.
    • It’s not always feasible to “stick around” to see if anything else happens. As I said, we all are busy people with our own irl lives and responsibilities and sometimes all we have is a few minutes to hop in-game. There’s nothing wrong with that. If an issue persists, we recommend players to open another support ticket, but this rarely needs to happen.
    • Sometimes another staff member may handle a report before we are able to get online, so by the time we get there and review the situation we see someone else has already finished up. (Eg: Someone hopped on ChatCraft a Minecraft chat app to issue a punishment before someone could load up in Java Edition). In this case, we may just leave quickly knowing we aren’t needed anymore. The issue has been solved, it just may not appear that way.
    • Sometimes an issue may not seem like it has been resolved to you because all punishments and cases are handled privately. We do not share the details of cases with anyone, including those who reported an issue in an effort to protect all parties involved. We DO however tell a reporting party when something has been handled so they know they don’t need to worry about it any longer. Things may not seem “resolved” all the time but this is because our punishments are silent and we do not inform the whole community of players when something has been taken care of unless it was a very public problem. (Such as a player yelling something inappropriate in chat for all to see. Sometimes a staff member may say publicly that it’s been handled, but that is not a requirement).
    • Punishment lengths and severity depends on a number of factors. While you may think a punishment requires a mute, if that user has never transgressed our rules before, they may just get a warning and still be able to talk in chat afterwards. This happens a lot and players may think we just ignored the issue, when in fact, we didn’t. Our punishment system is incremental and it’s up to each individual staff member to gauge what an appropriate punishment may be for each given situation and each given player.

3. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Now, onto the claims made against myself.

• I have never turned a blind eye to major acts of disrespect, racism or sexism while I have been online and active on the server. If you believe this has happened, feel free to open a staff report with supportive evidence. Additionally, I am not certain where you are getting your information from but I have not told anyone to report players via forums since we implemented our Discord Ticket System back in April of 2023. The only reasons I may ask players to open a ticket would be these:
    • I heard about an issue occurring but I have no evidence of what has taken place. I may instruct players to open support tickets or DM me directly on Discord so they can provide me with evidence that I can base a punishment/action on. We cannot punish without sufficient evidence.
    • The issue is old (hours, days, maybe more) and evidence is needed to gain full context of a situation. I may instruct someone to open a ticket so I can review all evidence that you have collected over time.
    • I am not informed about how to resolve your issue so I may ask that you open a ticket to receive help from another staff member who is educated on your problem.
    • An issue is occurring that I have no jurisdiction over or am unable to help with given the permissions I have. I may instruct someone to open a ticket so the appropriate party can help you. (Eg: Admin, Developer etc.)
    If there is an issue actively occurring that I can see with my own eyes, I will not simply leave and tell you to make a forums report. I assure you this has never happened to my recollection. It is possible that if I need to log off due to irl reasons I may ask that you quickly report it in another manner since I have to go, but I would not simply leave the problem entirely.

If we, the staff team, did not care for Skyblock, none of us would be staff members. Being a staff member is not an easy job and is not something for everyone. The whole staff team has a deep love for the gamemode and community and we do our best to protect and support those who choose to play here. Without you all, Skyblock would be nothing.

I hope this clears up some misconceptions you may have had on these points.

If players have issues or feedback they would like to express, we have numerous places on the platforms to do that:
    • Forums suggestions (Forums, server gameplay)

• Discord suggestions (To submit discord ideas)

• Alternatively, if something needs our attention in a quicker manner you can also open a Discord Ticket with concerns, (alongside evidence when needed).

• Recently we have also had an Economy-specific feedback google form go out so players can express their ideas/concerns anonymously.

The Skyblock Staff Team does worry about the playerbase’s overall experience on the server. That said, server unrest and drama is not something we can always control as it is interpersonal in most circumstances.

Our Staff Team is educated on how both /Skyblock and /Economy operates. We understand Economy has some unique features that /Skyblock does not that need additional monitoring. If you could please specify what matters on Economy are being neglected, that would be wonderful.

Creating a system of reports in-game is impossible at this time because we rely on evidence (either screenshots or videos etc) as a means of punishing/handling a situation by. As a server, we cannot simply take people’s word when situations occur because that is not reliable and typically only shows one side of the story.

As I briefly mentioned earlier, we will not be providing summaries or updates on cases with the community. This is in an effort to protect the individual(s) who report offenders, as well as the offenders themselves. Everyone has a right to privacy and we will not air people’s mistakes publicly. The only exception to this is when player appeals are made public after they are concluded. This is something that has been around for a long time and will not be changing.

As mentioned earlier, we do have numerous ways of expressing concerns, sensitive topics and ideas. This is typically done via the forums so a more streamlined discussion of the idea can be collaboratively had. Anything involving specific users should be kept to reports or a Discord Ticket.

I’m happy to report that all of this is already happening, and has been for a long time! :)

• Each new staff member is given a Full Moderator and a Super Moderator to come alongside them to teach them their duties, commands, how to handle reports, and a lot more. Mentorship does not end at any point, rather, Full Moderators & Super Moderators hold meetings with their mentee(s) regularly to discuss how their tenure on the team is going.

• If there is a specific issue that the team needs to review, it is discussed at length with everyone on the team to come to a consensus on how to handle that particular issue going forward. This allows each staff member to give their own unique input and expertise to figure out how to best handle what’s been going on.

• If there is a punishment that is outdated, or an issue that requires a different approach, things like this are also discussed as a team to make the appropriate changes when necessary.

• All staff have already been provided with everything necessary to moderate appropriately. This includes different permissions across all our platforms (Discord, forums and in-game).
    As I’ve said a few times now, we have multiple ways to suggest ideas and bring up concerns. The Economy Feedback Google Doc is a clear sign that we do care about what our players think.

With complete transparency, staff cannot be online 24/7, 365 days a year. Economy unfortunately has a lot of interpersonal issues that have been festering over a long period of time. As a Staff Team, we are aware of what is going on and have been doing our best to resolve issues that are brought to us. However, it seems the majority of the interpersonal issues on Economy are done behind closed doors and in which case Staff are not privy to. If something needs addressing, it needs to be brought to Staff directly because chances are we do not know about it.

That said, it is up to you guys, the players, to foster a community you want to be a part of. Yes, moderation is key to Economy’s success but there is also a level of player responsibility here.

When an issue is reported, we always like to see if it can be resolved without staff involvement when possible. We simply do not have the resources or time to get involved with every minor issue between players. Staff can easily get burnt out when the reports we get day in and day out are minor squabbles such as someone telling someone else to “shut up”, or saying someone is “untrustworthy” or telling someone they “don’t know what they’re talking about” etc. These are minor issues that in the majority of cases do not require staff intervention.

Not everyone has to like everyone; it’s okay to use the /ignore function to stop seeing players who irritate you. Use the tools given to you to try to resolve an issue before bringing it to staff whenever possible. Sometimes, you just have to take the high road and not respond to those who instigate you. Ultimately, players like these are just looking for a reaction so if you don’t give them one, they should leave you alone.

There obviously comes a point where involving staff is wise, but it’s also on you to treat everyone with respect, regardless of who they may be and what your history with them may be. “Treat others the way you would want to be treated” rings true when it comes to chat. It’s also important to note that sometimes there comes a time where forgiving someone is necessary for you yourself to move on (whether the person deserves it or not, that’s up to you.)

Together I think we can bring about a positive change if some of the things I’ve mentioned above are taken seriously. We are always open to discussion and are here to help.

Bree

4. zestym3m3s

zestym3m3s Member

IGN:
    zestym3m3s
    Before my appeal becomes public I want to clarify that this is not my alt. I do totally agree with them though. Eco needs staff. There are other things that are needed, but right now the best thing that the server can do is invest in long term active economy staff as well as equality between the servers. I'll elaborate on this more when I get a chance.

5. Concerns

Concerns New Member

Bree, I appreciate the elaborate and informed response.

Below, I would like to clarify just a few things. Again, I hope none of my comments or statements provided below bring any implication of hostility. My intention again is not to bring negativity nor ill-will towards anyone or anything, but to address the issues at hand. I appreciate you, and anyone else who reads this, for taking the time to read my initial post and this response carefully.

Clarification 1:

"With complete transparency, staff cannot be online 24/7, 365 days a year."

Now that is completely understandable, but I am in no way implying that staff must be on at all times. One goal, of which I have mentioned in the initial post, is that with the appointment of a staff member who is a regular or mainly plays on Economy we would see much more overall staff presence in Economy. This could only be a positive thing. I in no way expect any staff member to devote all their time to the server. This false mindset I believe outlines the reason which has led so many players to feel dejected in the first place. Rather than continuing on with less staff with low overall Economy presence, add a new staff member or two who can increase that staff presence to Economy. Again, this is about overall staff presence, not 24/7 staff presence.

Clarification 2:

"Coming online, handling an issue, and leaving after is perfectly acceptable." regarding Moderator KingJonSnow.

That is true if the issue is handled, yet that is not what happened. In the situation mentioned there was active and ongoing arguments and comments to which Moderator KingJonSnow would have would have seen if they had spent more than mere seconds in Economy at that time. To be specific, there were multiple players arguing with another, notoriously troublesome, group of players due to their rudeness in chat, of which comments made by both parties being against the server rules. This was an ongoing situation. Moderator KingJonSnow entered /Economy after being summoned by /msg in-game because they were currently on /Skyblock for roughly an hour prior. After joining /Economy, they promptly left after stating "I was told it's been handled", returning back to /Skyblock, without resolving the issue at hand. It was not handled privately. I know this as I am speaking on behalf of both parties of this situation, both of which I have made contact with and that is where this information is founded as well as personal account. So this is not a handled and shut case, this was staff neglect plain and simple. Moderator KingJonSnow, for whatever reason, did not deal with the issues in /Economy as they were actively unfolding, despite being active and online at the time, and returned to /Skyblock where they were engaged in non-staff obligations which is evident due to their active socializing in chat. This I feel directly opposes your statement "If staff are on /Skyblock and an issue arises on /Economy, please send that staff member a quick DM to have them hop across to assist" as the issue was indeed neglected despite the summons. Of course, staff should be able to play the game too, but not when they neglect ongoing issues right under their nose. I hope not to be argumentative with this, though I find it hard to make excuses for this behavior from a staff member.

Clarification 3:

"For what it’s worth, I personally log into Economy for around 30 minutes a day, if not more and I know that other staff pop back and forth as well."

This is true. I always appreciate when you, and other staff members, show presence in Economy. It does not go unnoticed and it is appreciated. Though, it is not enough. I would love to say it is but it simply is not, and that is evident by the steady increase in issues in Economy as of recent.

Clarification 4:

"Yes. Staff by and large spend more time on /Skyblock than Economy because Skyblock has more players and has more to moderate. Around 50% of all accounts on Economy are AFK accounts/accounts used for grinding so while both servers may have similar player counts at a surface level, the amount of actual active players is much less."

True again, though despite this being the case it is still very important to moderate both servers. Staff is almost always not "in the know" of the situations on Economy because they are simply not present. You are highlighting the exact issue I am hoping to outline here as well, a lack of staff presence in Economy.

Conclusion:
    Lastly, I would just like to reiterate my goal with the initial post as it seems it may have been interpreted slightly differently according to your response. I am trying to outline the overall lack of staff presence in Economy and the consequential neglect it casts on the Economy community. Any implication of ill-will towards existing staff or issues with moderation methods is not intentional. My entire purpose here is to outline the lack of staff presence in Economy, the effects that has on the server and community, as well as the need for active Economy player staff appointments.

6. KingJonSnow

KingJonSnow Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    Before I comment on any other concerns, I would like to answer this portion where you decided to try and call me out.

I believe I know the situation in question and can shed light, but I also don't want to assume that I am correct. If you know the details of this, can you explain them so I can better explain why I did what I did.

7. Concerns

Concerns New Member

KingJonSnow, thank you for reading through the initial post and my reply. Sadly, on account of your response stating how I decided to "try and call me (you) out" I see you have taken this as more of a jab towards you than seeing through to my point. Whether that is a poor use of language or an intentional prodding on your end, I can sense the hostility in the way you decided to phrase your response. I did not try to "call you out" per se, I stated a time of lackluster moderation and your improper response. If you are so inclined to use the phrase of "calling you out" then by all means feel free, if anything, I did call you out, not just "try" to. Though again, that is not what this discussion is about, and I have made that abundantly clear.
    Thank you for offering to provide more information but no further clarification, details, or heartened response is needed nor desired at this time in regards to your behavior. Though I would love to welcome insights on the constructive criticisms I, and the community, have compiled above.

8. AnotherPerson

AnotherPerson Member

i agree with everything mentioned here. i can second everything said was true here, im just really glad someone is finally saying something abt the state of eco rn bc its really only going downhill and most ppl would say they can feel it too. praying one of the eco players staff applications get accepted one day, its far fetched but we can hope lmao

9. AnotherPerson

AnotherPerson Member

quote of the decade, love this

10. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Don't worry, I'm just here to clarify things as well. I'm just hoping to give a honest viewpoint from the side of staff so we can come to a better understanding of each others' sides.

I can't speak much on this point as it is not my area to comment on. As I said in my other post, it is entirely up to Kerahna and Krissy about who is promoted and when. Having new staff is always exciting and beneficial for the server; I agree that new staff promotions would be good idea sometime in the near future.

I will not speak much on this point either but Jon has already pointed out that he thinks he knows what situation you're referring to and that it goes deeper than you think it does. I don't think it's fair to silence his side just because you believe you know all there is to know about that situation. Maybe you'll be surprised if you give him a chance to explain his side as well as you were the one to bring it up :) (if you don't want to bring it up here, I'm sure he would be happy to dm you about it)

I stand with my statement "If staff are on /Skyblock and an issue arises on /Economy, please send that staff member a quick DM to have them hop across to assist" because this is true in 99.9% of situations.

I only mentioned this as people tend to assert the idea that staff are practically non-existent on Economy when this is just not the truth. We are there, we don't avoid Eco like the plague like some may think. Sure, we may not stay as long as we stay on /Skyblock (for aforementioned reasons) but we do still play/interact and there are staff who play Economy quite consistently such as *Slagomizer* for one example. On my own, absolutely, it's not enough. But I'm not on my own :) We have a team of moderators who are there to help on all platforms; all it takes is a quick DM/discord ticket to get us online when something happens.

I agree, it's important that staff moderate both servers, and we do. I don't think staff aren't always "in the know" because we don't play enough on Economy alone. I think there's more reasons than just that. I think we can both agree that the biggest issues on Economy are interpersonal problems and player disagreements. A lot of the time staff are not fully aware of these situations because it can be very difficult to reflect the depth of some of these issues because they span back months, or even years in some cases. There are a number of times where we have been called on to handle cases that did not need staff intervention, and other times where we are called on too late for things that should've been reported when they first started but the evidence has now passed the time of usability. Ultimately, it's always best if problems like these are resolved with one another before involving staff but we also understand this is not always possible. That said, we are always only a DM or ticket away if assistance is required.

I understand that you mean by these posts and I am in no way trying to "argue back" so to speak. I think it's important both sides are heard, which is what I am attempting to do. Hope this explains things.

Bree

11. Slikassassin

Slikassassin Active Member

IGN:
    Slikassassin123
    First thing I want to state is Jon wanted to get your side of what happened and go off of that. From what I can see he didn't take it as a jab at him he just wanted to understand your side of it and clear it up.

12. ace_

ace_ Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    please can we have a tldr, if i read this all i'd lose 2 billion brain cells.

13. offline

offline Well-Known Member

I started reading through it and stopped where you said: there's facts... Overall you are giving your personal impression.
    The impression might match with my experiences, but those are not facts. If you want to make them become facts you will need to set up a protocol with examples of mod appearances and number of player who actually left.

Just some advice: If you would write such a statement rating your employer, their lawyers would have an easy game ripping your statements apart, making you pay damages. So just try to adapt this over here: Either you make a study, collect facts and you can call it factual or you stick with 'having an impression'. Last is totally fine, this is how I would have done it. The combination of calling impressions facts, using an anonymous account and calling out staff is something making me not support this thread even though I totally get what this is directed towards.

It's OK to raise the voice, to be heard, but let's do it fair.

14. Concerns

Concerns New Member

Hello Offline,

I appreciate you taking the time to read a portion of my post.

Of course, these are all "impressions", though they are those expressed by a sizable sample of players who have voiced their concerns to me. I am not here to lie about the conditions of there server or make any false claims. Everything listed as fact is, as I mentioned, verifiable fact. I did not claim any subjective interpretation or "impression" as fact. If you were to read the post in its entirety you would see that I outlined a couple of times of lackluster moderation on the server, this is why I outlined the presence of "verifiable fact" in the preface as to allow you, the reader, to understand that it is not speculation nor false claim, and for the reader to interpret it as they please. This also allows the reader to take everything mentioned with a grain of salt, and to feel free to seek more facts themselves if they so please. I believe you may have a better understanding if read through the post in its entirety.

Additionally, I understand that not many specific details were provided as to the claims of lackluster moderation, and this is intentional. I am not using this discussion to made a mod report nor to highlight these specific situations, I used these situations to give support to my report on the views of my sample. I very well could have included time stamps, chat logs, server connection times, elapsed connection times, etc. in order to further back the claims I outlined as factual, as these are all things I have logged as of the beginning of January, 2022. Though, that I have no intent of doing as for the reasons explained previously.

All of this discussion is to highlight concerns expressed by users of the community. I intend no hostility towards the server, those who play it, or those who run it. I made it clear that I was speaking on behalf of a sample to which I have spoken with directly. I am not putting words in their mouths nor distorting them. If you believe any claims I have made to be false, claims regarding the points expressed as "verifiable fact", please feel free to be specific and point out what exactly is incorrect.

Lastly, this discussion is inherently an "impression" of the server and its current state. That is indeed the purpose of this post. To claim that the "impressions" displayed here are incorrect is an injustice to the people to which I am here expressing the concerns of. I think for you to read just 3 sentences of my post and to leave this comment based on little understand of the intent of the post is another reason why many people here feel conflicted about voicing concerns on their own. To belittle those sharing opinions in a structured, non-hostile, and overall formal manner is quite rude of you to do. Though I suppose that is just my "impression" of your reply, am I wrong?

15. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

What time of day does Eco become so wild it needs more than lacklustre moderation?, I’ve visited a few times the past week to find that barely a word gets said in the hours I witnessed everyone afk farm. I feel like I’m being gaslit into believing economy is the lawless Wild West based on the forums posts? This is a light joke (I know some people struggle with context) just wondering why people can’t just report things or DM staff or open a discord ticket? we have to do that too on SB. Genuinely wondering how bad it is?

16. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    some of us are far too naughty and cant open a discord ticket (permanently banned) :whistling: speaking on behalf of myself...

17. ace_

ace_ Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    because eco is quite literally a bunch of anti socials lol (this is coming from an eco player, and it's also a bit of a joke)

18. offline

offline Well-Known Member

Please stop posting too long answers. An argument is not won by writing the longest monologue but being precise in conveying the most important messages.

At this point I fear you are using AI to troll us all.
    Screenshot from 2024-01-29 00-57-44.png
    Dear Staff, can we close this? He is trying to waste our energy.

19. Novembree

IGN:
    Novembree
    Concerns If you wish to continue this discussion with staff, I ask that you reply to my post and those who are asking you questions. You conveniently skipped over my response to respond to Offline instead.

We are here to address these issues/concerns you have, but it seems as though you are not interested in hearing the full story behind things or the solutions we already have offered. If you do not have any further comments to make, I will be closing this thread.

Additionally, we are aware that it is probable that AI has been used to write at least the first post of this thread, possibly more. While AI detectors are not without fault, we ask that you are genuine in your responses from here forward and withhold from using devices such as these.

Thank you.
    Bree

20. Emy

Emy Member

IGN:
    Emydances8
    The sever definitely has a lot of drama. I have noticed it seems to be the worst between 5-8pm. There is definitely hints of lawless wild west, (that name is hilarious btw and I will totally be using that,) because sometimes it gets to the point that we just mute the players involved because otherwise we would be reporting things constantly. It makes more sense to leave the little things, and report the bigger things. (At least imo.)

On to the main post. It would be nice to have mods on to curb some behavior, but sb def needs them more. (because the server is way more active, Mods definitely on more than you think; especially Novembree, Slagomizer, and Luka.

I have NEVER seen a mod brush something off, and I especially cannot see Bree do something like that. If you believe it happened, provide evidence and there might be a deeper explanation. I have an example of what could have happened if you ever believe a mod is ignoring an issue.

A mod joins the server after receiving a report with not enough/no evidence. They might sit and watch the conversation if it continues to gather more evidence. most (if not all) staff can also access chatlogs. They might be checking them to be able to handle the situation better.

Please do not automatically dam mods (or anyone,) without seeing their side. These mods LOVE the server, and put everything they have into it. If you have an issue, please messagee the mod in question for more information, (with evidence.) If you find the reasoning unsatisfactory, you should then make a staff report.

(Tldr: Eco has drama, Having mods on more would be nice, accusing people without evidence or letting them explain themselves is not nice.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.