11 Years of Skyblock!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Noobcrew, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner Administrator

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    [​IMG]
    Happy 11th Anniversary Skyblock!

Today marks 11 years since the launch of Skyblock!

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has ever played Skyblock over the years or continue to do so! It's truly crazy that such a small map and idea that I randomly posted on MinecraftForum 11 years ago today turned into such a creative game across all of Minecraft and played by millions! I'm proud that it has been such a huge aspect of my life and something that has grown up with myself and so many others!

None of this would have been possible without our community and staff! We have exciting things planned for the future and we can't wait to grow Skyblock even further!

----------

To celebrate Skyblock, here are the new features for today:

1. Skyblock Anniversary Grass Block

Please see the recipe below for the special Anniversary Grass:
    [​IMG]
    This is also available to view at /visit Meggann on both servers.

2. Obtain the Anniversary Cupcake in the /gifts menu!

[​IMG]

This can only be obtained on one of the servers so make sure to claim on your favorite.
    The anniversary items will only be obtainable for the next 24 hours so make sure to grab them while you can!
    (Also please no usage of alts. Alt usage will result in confiscation of the items.)

----------

3. The return and revamp of /warp skybase for Survival and Economy!
    Check out Megan's post below for more info!

----------

Along with double vote rewards this weekend, a 50% off sale on all ranks and upgrades is also live on our webstore: https://shop.skyblock.net

----------

Thank you all for celebrating another Anniversary with us here on Skyblock, here is too many more!
    We hope you all enjoy!​

• Like x 4
    • Friendly x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • Amazing x 1
    • Cookie x 1
  2. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    /Warp Skybase return and revamp!
    [​IMG]

photo credits to Houzo

Welcome to the new and improved Warp Skybase, home to a safe and happy community area.

What does Warp Skybase has to offer?
    Welcome back to Warp Skybase! As some of our OG members may remember, many years ago, Skyblock was home to a warp which was filled with many memories for our community.
    We wanted to bringing this back permanently for Skyblock and introduce this wonderful warp to Economy.

Included in this warp is a spawn inspired by the original warp, markets, hidden cave areas and several things that reminded us, as staff, of Skyblock.

Included is:
    - /warp tradecenter

(This is an area designed for safe trading)
    - A tribute room in memory of Gray Sage
    (This can be located by following one of the cave systems)
    - A TechnoBlade statue
    - Berry bar
    - Custom Skyblock Map Art
    - Museum of all previous rares

& much more for you to explore!

We hope you love the new warp as much as we do, here is to many more memories made on Skybase!​

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    We have pulled together some quotes from our staff team about the Anniversary and their time on Skyblock:

Meggann: "Woah, 11 years... over a decade of Skyblock. My 2 years on Skyblock began when I randomly googled for Skyblock servers, beginning of the pandemic, lost on what to do and bored out of my brains... I first joined skyblock.net and headed straight to Economy where I made the nicest friends ever. Started my island and began getting used to the server. I was grasped by how friendly and welcoming everyone was. Skyblock very quickly became more than just a server to me. I've made some of the most amazing friendships ever. I feel incredibly blessed to be apart of Skyblock. My favourite memory was definitely the beach party, I gave away 20million skybucks by running random quiz questions, we were all dancing around the island. I also will never forget when I started my current Skyblock island and everyone flooded my starter island with flowers. It was magical. Thank you Crew, thank you Skyblock, thank you everyone for making Skyblock, Skyblock. Happy Birthday Skyblock"

Souly0622: “Can’t believe it’s been 11 years, time is going by so fast c,: just wanted to thank everyone for being committed to the server and here’s to more anniversaries : D”

everythingoes: "I joined Skyblock randomly one day and 7 years later I'm still here & part of the community. I've met so many great people on this server & some of them have gone beyond Skyblock and are my dearest friends. I feel indebted to Skyblock in a way & I'm grateful I can return the favour by being able to moderate the server. These 11 years included so many individuals from different backgrounds, numerous exciting events and just an overall tight-knit community that I'm glad I have got to experience. Skyblock is more than just a Minecraft server & I'm so happy I got to be part of its 11 year anniversary. Major thanks to Crew for creating Skyblock and allowing it to turn into what it is today, and shoutout to all the great people that have been a part of this server. Happy 11th, Skyblock."

Bossyy: “I feel so lucky to be a part of a community such as Skyblock’s for so many years, and can’t wait to spend many more years with the server and the community!”

K41YU: "I haven't been here since the start of Skyblock, but I am amazed that it's been 11 years of this server. I am proud of Crew, all the staff members, and the community that help make the server amazing. My favorite memory is meeting the community and making people happy."

Houzo: "I've been on this server for the past 7 years and by far my highlight from that time would have to be all the amazing friends I have made in this wonderful community! 11 years for a server is insane and i can't wait to see what this server/community brings next!"

Krissy: "I'm happy that Skyblock has turned 11 and is still a really amazing map to play. It was one of the first maps that I downloaded when I was bored of regular Minecraft and wanted a challenge. One of my best Skyblock memories is the old Mob Arena. Firstly back in 2013, a week after I joined, I played Mob Arena for the first time and it was really fun. I saw people with diamond armour and I saw the donor class. I decided to get $10 donor just for that reason (and to join the server when full because that was really difficult to do back then). In the mob arena there were two very important tricks; one was the corner trick which everyone would pile into the corner and swing wildly hoping to not die and kill all the mobs. The second was the wolf trick. We found out that the next wave started even if there were wolves left. If you have enough wolves, it would stop mobs from spawning all together. To progress all you had to do was kill one wolf off to spawn one mob and kill the mob to progress. By the end of the game which was 100 rounds we got a whole stack of grass which was a pretty big deal because I was able to get my first diamond (64 grass = 1 Diamond). Another fun quirk about mob arena was people jumping into the arena, appearing like they had the donor class items on, and stealing items. Confession time: My first diamond armour set was stolen mob arena armour xD People were also very passionate about mob arena. If you were the last one left doing the mob trick everyone would tell you to die so they could play. Forgetting to punch the iron block meant the end of the world because you would get kicked for not readying up."

oPxncake: "It’s incredible how far skyblock has come! From classic to economy to survival, it’s just amazing. I’m honoured to be able to be apart of this journey, and i’m so grateful it’s been with such a welcoming, enthusiastic community. Happy 11th Birthday Skyblock"

bubloe: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SB!! i cannot believe how old you are getting! 8 years ago i joined the server and man am i grateful for this community. i have so many amazing memories from, and because of, this server. however, my favorite memory is probably when my old friend Buzzshy, back in 2014, upgraded me from a $10 donor to a $50 donor!! i miss the god items, drop parties at the old spawn, and skin competitions so much! when covid happened i came back to the server on a whim and ended up meeting people that i want to have in my life forever. I'm eternally appreciative for this server for giving me a great childhood, and friends that i can share my love for minecraft with"

52Phenomenon: "I have grown up on Skyblock, alongisde friends that I never thought I would have! Whilst people have come and gone, friends past and present will always have a special place in my heart, as will this server. I feel so lucky to have enjoyed the server for so long both as a player and a staff member, and I'm looking forward to continuing to work within the team and ensure that Skyblock remains the amazing place that I fell in love with!"

BertBerry: "I can't believe it's already been 11 years! I remember my very first island wayyy back and I'm very glad I got to know this server and be a part of something very great. I can see how far along it has come! The new events, warps, etc. Even the drop party and the hunts that I very much love. And warp skybase being added back and revamped really made me go on a nostalgia ride and made me remember the old warp skybase and the other old warps, and the old friends i had and still have. And thank you for giving me the chance to prove myself, from helper to mod and as a mod I got to build and then stuff happened but at the end I got to keep building the amazing seasonal warps and eventually an official builder!!! Thank you a lotttt, love you all !!! "

We welcome you to share your favourite memory on this special occasion!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  4. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    first!!! GG SKYBLOCK YAY

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    here's to many more memories, can't wait to see what the future holds!

Happy 11th Birthday Skyblock:blobcheer:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    Images are broken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    Yayyy!! Huge thanks to every staff member who worked so hard to make the warp a success. Thank you all and happy 11th Birthday Skyblock!! :partyface::heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    AHHHH WARP SKYBASE SO THATS WHAT THE SECRET WARP WAS! Glad I was a part in building it : )

LY allll

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Woop Woop :heart: Happy birthday skyblock!’

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Dreamm14

Dreamm14 Active Member

IGN:
    Dreamm14
    Happy b day sbb!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Boarder

Boarder Active Member

IGN:
    Boarder02
    Happy Anniversary to everyone and let`s hope for many more :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. clxrity

clxrity Experienced Member

IGN:
    clxrity
    a big happy anniversary to the very best skyblock server :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Happy birthday Skyblock, I wouldn't be the person that I am right now without it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Happy anniversary skyblock to it's great 11 years from the map.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    AMAZING!! I wish we could've had a small-ish remake of the old one off to the side or something - would've added that extra touch of nostalgia... but wow!

Great work, this certainly is a good gift :D

Happy birthday SB :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Holy crap... now THATS a survival map.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    They are giving me out for free o_O
    Happy bday skyblock, off to many more :hah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1