YouTube Rank

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by needtorename, Jun 30, 2020.

1. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    Bump we would love this~

2. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    Bump more feedbacks

3. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Full support yt rank would be nice

4. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    Bump, i am not giving ,i am not giving up

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    Bump, this is gonna be active for a long time until i get an answer from crew

6. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    Bunp want more feedback

7. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    Bumping cause streamer rank is added on mv

8. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hey tore, I'm actually going to be moving to a no support.

There isn't really a need of a Youtube Rank on Skyblock because it isn't like a server with minigames or anything, unlike Mineverse. We also don't have that many Youtubers, unless there are "many". There also won't be a point of adding it because it really wouldn't have any perks, it'd just be a prefix. So really, I don't see any reason in adding a new rank for no reason.

Good luck though. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    No support, sorry.
    I don't think there is much need for it.
    People act differently around cameras and that wouldnt show the community as it is.
    Also, Advertisement for servers doesnt always encourage people to play so it wouldnt boost the server that much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    I understand you two, as i said its not about me, but the rank itself to be added, it would be something new? People would like to make Content on the server on YouTube and it will be fun to watch? Thats all, looking for more people to give it opinions ^^

EDIT: i fixed the suggestion to look better and added some extra stuff~

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  11. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    We discussed this last night on Economy (a few players and I discussed whether it would be a good addition or not), and came to the conclusion that the rank would end up being something to "show off." The only Skyblock YouTuber I am aware of is you, and the rank would essentially be made for you (I say this, unsure of who the other YouTubers may be). What perks would the rank have apart from being a new prefix on Forums, In-Game, and on Discord? People would be more attracted to your channel, but what benefits will it bring the server? Will it create a popularity contest between players to see who can get more subscribers faster and who can get the rank the fastest?

Let's look at it as if you were not a YouTuber looking to apply for the rank. How many people would apply for this role and be good candidates for the rank? What expectations are we looking for? Does activity come into play? Will the rank be used to brag about one's platform? Do we have to worry about inappropriate content being posted and having it give Skyblock a poor reputation? What would this role bring to the server that we don't already have?
    The rank will come with perks already. Players will get the perk of advertising their channel to as many as 5000 people on our Discord server alone. If it were added, I would set the channel up to have a Discord bot automatically post links to new videos (similar to how new tweets are posted). The rank seems like a donor rank, but it's free (and you can possibly gain money from having it if you are monetized).

I know you just edited and added to your suggestion, but I really would like to see more. Implementing suggestions is much easier for us if they are written in great detail. Otherwise, if we implement the suggestion, we will have a lot more gaps to fill. I'll reconsider my support status on this if there is more added to the original post of the thread, but for the time being, I will have to go with no support. I'd like to see clear examples of what these videos will have in them and what the rank will bring to the server.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Louiemar

Louiemar Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Louiemar
    Changing to Support, It's honestly would be great to have a rank like this. I would love to see other people get a different rank who does skyblock content :)

13. needtorename

IGN:
    needtorename
    Taking more feedbacks, i also wanna hear the reason why you support or not ^^

14. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    I quite like the idea, although the play style here is different to Mineverse, there's still the appeal of watching slower paced let's plays of Skyblock.

I think the main problem with this though, is that you'd have to have a rule that in order to be a skyblock youtuber, and a representative of the server on that platform - Skyblock is the only content you could make and post. Otherwise it runs the risk of advertising, which isn't desirable.

For those reasons, I'm going neutral.

• Agree Agree x 1