Why do you play SkyBlock?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Moist Frapple, Jun 12, 2018.

1. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    The real question we should be asking is... Why is Gamora?

jk

Anyways here is WHY i PLAy SkyBLOCK
    1. I've been playing this server since I was 8-9 years old in 2012. I believe I think my brother gave me the ip or I just tried different ips? I cant remember very well but yea. Since then I've started playing it, it was so fun back then and it still is. I would get Donor100's to god DC's of stuff for me LOL. And I really liked the "skyblock" idea. I remember my first island it was some tree house with some small house and ye some nooby island and I remember my first friend on there. So tl;dr the server was fun.
    2. gReat COmmUNIty even tho there r still some mean people tho there were many good people out there and many have helped me on my journey till today plus the friends I've made with these people : D
    3. It kills time lol. Basically its like one of the fun things I do when I'm bored. I mainly get on SB to talk to people and build my island mostly. So yea

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    That's kind of what we're known for xD

But yea the communItY iS guUd

3. imaswifter13

imaswifter13 Active Member

Yes.

4. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    I play because Kyrxu keeps griefing me xoxo

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    I play because I'm able to grief Bunny.

I've been playing skyblock since I was 8. I've grown up playing this, it's been a big part of my life for a long time. Skyblock is the only server I play on, and I haven't ever seen a community like this. I love it. :)

6. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Ok, but seriously.

I've been playing this server since February of 2014, and this server and community has helped me through my life. I know this is kind of cheesy, but I probably wouldn't be the person I am today without this server. It's kinda weird to think that my life would be so much different if I didn't even join that one day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    What she said.

Skyblock has been part of my high school and has been with me from all the ups and downs. Whenever I feel bad or just dont feel well, I would log into skybkock ao I can feel better

8. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

tbh i used to play it bc back in the day i loved the community, and having no rank was really fun tbh. i then continued bc being mod was fun too but s*** got boring cause i turned into skygod and had a bunch of stuff so there was rlly no point in playing anymore lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bri_

Bri_ Member

IGN:
    StarCrafter06
    I do it to pass time and have fun. I’ve met some amazing people on here. I also do it so I can express myself in builds and other things. It’s nice to see your island have success and have people visit you, because you know you succeeded in building it. Minecraft in general is such a nice game and community.

10. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Because I've honestly never been on a server with a community as close and as great as the one here

11. VonArnout

VonArnout Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VonArnout
    I enjoy playing Minecraft, I mostly tend to stick on my own so Skyblock was my thing. I have my own little space that I can use for whatever I deem fit, I don't have to worry about griefing or finding a good location or having to hide or having other people ruin the looks, I have my very own little piece of flying land :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. W4ste_Gam3r

W4ste_Gam3r Active Member

IGN:
    W4ste_Gam3r
    I love creating things. Its a good feeling if you are done with your project. And the best on it is, unlike in reallive, that you can start right in the monent you go online. You can see the progress with every block you place, and you can have fun with trading and making deals. The most fascinating aspect of skyblock is indeed, that you create something right outta nothing only with your own imagination.

13. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    I've been playing this server since August 2013.

The reason why I play it, cause I've seen some dead servers and no survival/skyblock fun servers, and then I found a perfect skyblock server, I play it cause they have good people here and I play this server to make my Island popular.

14. DarkSummoner

DarkSummoner Member

I play because I enjoy building in Minecraft and Skyblock provides a unique building experience while also allowing me to share my creations with others on the server :)

15. cheese

cheese New Member

i always play when im bored and have nothing to do because i have no friends and nobody will do anyhting with me.

16. carpig

carpig Member

I know I'm a bit late, but the reason I play is the community and trading. The game overall is to really just try buying and selling things. Though it is starting to get old with people not buying stuff, or prices being way too unstable. For example, beacons dropped from 175 grass to 100 grass and now is back to 150 grass. Oof, I got a bit off topic, but in conclusion I play to get rich and to build my way up to higher donors.

17. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    I play because, although I sometimes have a limited time online, it's still quite fun building new things and helping others. For my career choice it actually does have some benefit, I gain the people skills from talking to people in need and negotiation for the best possible outcome for both sides when applicable.

18. Moist Frapple

Moist Frapple Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MoistFrapple
    I see a lot of people saying because of the community, is that because you struggle to create friends in real life and because it is easier to create friends here?
    Honestly just curious.

19. Evux

Evux Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Evux
    Well, I guess that's part of it for a lot of people. I have a decent social life yet I love hanging out with my "virtual friends" as well but I generally wouldn't put skyblock over my school friends. I think this is a great place for people to be able to communicate with others who are shy with real-life interactions. Although I also don't think its very healthy for you to be spending all your time talking to people on discord or in game without interactions in the real world.

20. User19980814

User19980814 Well-Known Member

I think for a lot of people it's easier to connect with people here than in the real world. Real world friendships can take some energy if you want them to figure out.

When playing SkyBlock you know that these people want the same thing as you and mostly have the same interests as you which makes them more likeable faster.

In the real world however you have to do effort to discover their interest which may lead to some amazing friendships or to you not liking them because you are too different.

I love every nice person I meet here a lot and some maybe the same as soms of my 'real' friends, but I don't think I can survive on virtual interaction only, like Evux said above.