Visiting alt island issue

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by shar, Jul 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shar

shar fallin

Recently, I changed my alt's name from pinksweats to loveitifwemadeit. However, when doing /visit loveitifwemadeit it takes me to a random island unless I have the alternate account logged on. This is obviously really irritating as I don't want to have to log my other account on everytime I want to visit it - is there any way to make this not happen?

The island I arrive at when the alt isn't online:

[​IMG]

The island I arrive at when the alt is online:

[​IMG]

2. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    This happens to me with my own alt (not included because the other account includes buildings of anti-semetic icons). It's very annoying and it's caused because of how the UUIDs are updated - which is simply when they log on. It's impossible to update this without the former owner of the account logging on.

Slightly unfortunate, hate this bug. Nothing much can be done however.

3. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    That's mega annoying - have you tried using another alt to transfer the island from and then back to that account, it may just help

4. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    That won't help - it's related to the usernames and the way the server searches for usernames when you enter /visit. I've gotten devs and other staff to look at it but they can't do much about it.

5. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Oh I see, that's really annoying!

6. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    This may not work but have you tried visiting the old alt name when it is offline? If yes, what are the results. It may be that it has glitched. You could also try do /pi (username) when the account is offline and then clicking on the information that comes up in chat to /visit.

I don’t know how much work has gone into the alts island but if it is still the starter island or something easily copied you could restart the island and then the new island would be under your new alts name?

I’m just trying to think of options you could try as I get how annoying it can be.

I visited the alt island and it took me to the first image as well!

7. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I apologise for pestering, but I’ve explained the reason above. I haven’t really cared much about my own account and finding ways around it, but one thing I can suggest is trying to /visit the alts old username (as the Essentials plugin stores these for assistance for people who knew said person as a different person or to assist staff) as it’ll usually visit the newly named account.

A very good example of why this happens:
    /seen TheMilkManMike
    /seen policemike55

The caching of usernames is what I assume causes this - as the cache only updates when said player rejoins.

8. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Yep, so with one of my alts that I changed the name of, visiting the old username worked for a couple of weeks until I guess the username became disconnected from that account.
    Therefore, shars case may be solved in a few weeks, we will have to see...

9. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    If it still isn’t solved for me and it’s more or less been a year, I doubt it’ll be solved for her in a few weeks. The least that the higher ups (Kerahna/Matt/Crew/Any staff member with OP) can clear or refresh the player’s information so the name can update.

I will also ask for this to me done to my account, policemike55, so that I can assist Pilous with his island.

I’ll tag staff members who can help below:
    Kerahna mat t Noobcrew

Thanks in advance :)

10. matt

matt Well-Known Member Administrator

Your alt account should be fixed now

This is correct

If anyone has this issue the best way to get it fixed is by tagging me in one of the help channels on Discord

11. shar

shar fallin

That island is apart of an island chain, so it has had some work on it which I wouldn’t want to lose. Also, when i did /visit pinksweats it said it didn’t have an island - but thank you for the suggestions!
    Thank you for fixing it! I’ll keep it in mind to contact you through discord if anyone else is in need of help or it happens to me again. :)

12. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
  13. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Thanks Matt :heart:

14. shar

shar fallin

Please do :)

15. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Thank you for your thread on a recent issue. The issue has been resolved.
    This thread has been moved to the Help Archives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.