Withdrawn UrsusMaiorus staff application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by UrsusMaiorus, Apr 19, 2020.

?

What should I focus on inprove first

1. forum activity

9.7%
  2. discord activity

8.1%
  3. helping in chat

82.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    In future, dont quadruple post.
    I'm going to stick with a Neutral at the moment :)

2. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I'll say what I gotta say - bumps essentially are the only exception to the double-post rule - they're necessary to keep the application relevant. There's no way that you can get feedback if your application isn't visible to people or it's at the very bottom of the list, usually if there's a small amount of applications this would be fine, but there is 18 (if I'm correct) at the moment. Quite the number.

I'm not going to change my status as of yet, I feel like Frez_Lucifer had a few very valid points that you definitely need to improve on.

One of my main points however is professionalism. I know you have dyslexia and I know the severity of impact that it can cause of writing and reading, but I don't see why you cannot install a spell-checker like Grammarly that corrects your writing as you go; professionalism is a big point when it comes to applying and I don't see fit.

I apologise if this sounds harsh, I don't mean it.

3. Louiemar

Louiemar Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Louiemar
    Do the spam needed i don't think, Just reply to people are willing to comment on your staff app, I don't think you need to keep chatting on this that much i been looking at this thread all i see is you chatting if you dont mind just keep all the words in 1 message. No hard feelings.

4. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Um the posts are several days appart ill delete old bumbs so it does noit look as if i am double posting
    It does not sound harsh I do have grammarly but the corrections dont pop up here I dont know why. From now on ill double check my writing sorry if some stuff still sinks through.
    Np louie as i mentioned ill remove all the double posts soon when I have time. Taking some college courses not so it may be a week or 2 sorry

also thanks for all feedback it really helps me and I love how you all gave constructive feedback

5. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Just to expand on Bunny's comment here, installing Grammarly isn't a bad idea and may help with replying to comments on this thread. It will be able to help with not only correcting grammar, but spelling too. It will overall make your writing flow a lot better. It's completely free and can be downloaded from the following link:
    Grammarly: Free Online Writing Assistant
    All it takes is a few clicks and it's added to chrome! :)

6. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks tog any feedback for me also could i dm you about this my schools perms are odd and hindering me and i'm hoping you could help

BobaLatte any reason for switching to neutral just so I know what to inprove on?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  7. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    6 day bump also taking a break this week I'm a tenth grader taking a college class and the final is on thursday. I'm doing pretty good in the class but i want to make sure that I do the best i can on the final.

8. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Sorry, didn’t notice this! Again with misclicks on my phone, going to change it but I do have an advice. Try to be a tad more active on Economy. I notice you come on and aren’t as helpful as you are in Survival but I’m still supporting you. Good luck! :)

9. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks boba ill be back helpful on eco soon.

10. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    6 day bump ccount

11. Cooties

Cooties Member

IGN:
    kandy2011
    I’m gonna go with neutral. I’ve read most of the comments on here and the last thing I want to give is a biased opinion. I’d love to see you more in chat and I wish you the best of luck! There’s always more room personal growth so don’t stop, even if you feel discouraged! (ง'̀-'́)ง♥︎♥︎

12. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks so much for the words of encouragement. :)
    JerryBerry any reason for the no support?

13. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    bump also finished reding every ban appeal sice the new survival came out to have a full complete understanding of how to handle ban appeas and how long to ban a player for

14. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    just read all of them i have been pretty busy last one was great also bump

15. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Since the last time I responded I haven't seen much from you from my point of view (though it can be different for others). When I see you on you don't help out as much and sometimes you are AFK. You're a nice guy to talk to and I do like your presence (not to be homo) but I do think you should be more active in the chat. To be fair I am not always active in chat as I am mostly in local chat but at the same time I do have a decent or better than decent activity in global chat.

Im still Neutral.

16. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks for the feedback btw everyone im back home expect my play time to go up

17. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

You're a nice guy and you're pretty active as well, however I feel like you handle certain things immaturely. I think you should work on your overall attitude and the way you approach things so that you seem more professional when you need to be.

Other than that I don't really have any issues with this application. I will remain neutral for now.

18. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks for the feedback could you give me specific examples on what i handel immaturely so ik what to improve?

19. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    5 day bump

20. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hi Ursus,

I want to give you my re-evaluation on you because I'm switching my support status temporarily until I see further changes:

1. Economy Activity - I do not see you Economy at all. I've only seen you log in and then go on Survival. As a staff member, you need to make sure to be active on both servers. So it's good to be on Economy too. Economy is not everyone's cup of tea and Survival isn't either but we all push ourselves to make some changes and boost our activity. Just try to also improve on it, other than that, your Survival activity is pretty good.
    2. Helping - Now because you aren't active on Economy, I don't see you helping there. Along with being active there, try to help with simple questions even and that will be amazing.

But here are things that I am quite impressed about:

1. Discord Activity - You are pretty active lately on Discord and along with that helping too. By answering basic questions and even going with full on explanations, you've improved a lot on discord activity. This was one of my concerns in the past time of your application and you've improved very much on this and I can say I'm impressed.
    2. Maturity - This wasn't much a topic of discussion for me but I can say your maturity has improved. You are much more professional and very calm and are very polite. Despite the negative feedback you may get, I've seen you calmly and professionally handle them.
    So after some consideration, I will be going towards neutral. I will come back when I see some improvement in my areas of concern.

Till then,

- Boba :heart:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.