Withdrawn UrsusMaiorus staff application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by UrsusMaiorus, Apr 19, 2020.

?

What should I focus on inprove first

1. forum activity

9.7%
  2. discord activity

8.1%
  3. helping in chat

82.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Sorry could you elaborate on this?

2. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Same thing from many other apps like mine, it’s about that whole “was paid to do this” fiasco

3. Porky

Porky Active Member

It’s not..

work on activity... you are a nice guy tho

4. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks ill work on it the I am online whats your timezone and when are you online I am online 7 30 to 820 am est every day as well as other times throught out the day the only time I am not online is sleep or school

5. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    Ok. Few issues here.
    You should be able to use recording software effectively to properly document evidence.
    While donations are helpful and kind to many players, donating is not a sole duty of a moderator.

While grammar isn't a requirement for criticism and should be excused a bit, it wouldn't hurt to run your application through a speller checker.

You're online a lot, and I know you said that a lot of help is done through private messaging, but I really don't see you helping out in chat a lot. As I am only 1 timezone away from you (I believe), I see you on a decent amount, but your chat presence is lacking.

I scrolled through this application and you seem to be double posting a decent amount and replying to people after only 1 message. While responding to feedback is good, the amount you do it is unnecessary in my opinion.

You also seem to lack maturity in your application and in-game sometimes. This is a key trait of moderators.

Lastly, but not least, you broke a rule about applications.
    I know some applicants do it and some have done in the past, but I personally find it not honorable to ask someone in-game to review the application. If the applicant is noticeable and well suited for the position, they will be sought out and supported.

Overall, no support. Change these things and I'll look into changing my mind. Good luck!

6. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Thank so much this is some of the best feed back I have gotten. I know I should not have asked you but I realy wanted this feedback before I temporarily withdraw my staff app. GeooBerry I was probably post it back soon. I plan to go through and make and organized list of what I must do to improve. Another main reason for withdrawing is corona. I have several old/imuno suppressed people in my family and I wish to spend extra time with them just in case. Finally I feel I need to spend a little more time with the community to improve my self. 52Phenomenon Wonkie

7. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Application withdrawn at applicant's request.

This thread has been moved to Withdrawn/Inactive Applications | Skyblock Forums.

The applicant may report this post anytime within the next 90 days to request that the application be reopened. After that time, the applicant will need to create a new application if they still wish to be considered.

Kind regards.

8. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Staff application reopened at applicant's request.

Kind regards.

9. FalcoFalcon

FalcoFalcon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    Welcome back! Please tell me what you have done to reopen the application this soon after closing it! Did everything go according to what you told us in your last post?

10. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hey Ursus,

I was going to comment as soon as this app was reopened but it showed locked for some reason! I’m glad to see that you’ve reopened. I’m still supporting this application. Good luck and best wishes, Boba. :heart:

11. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    I was too but i could not.

Yes my list is made and I know how to better improve my self. I had several great conversations with current mods and I am inspired and reinvigorated to repost my application. To be completely honest the drama and knit picking feedback sorta wore my will to keep this up, but even when mt application was down I did not stop helping people on skyblock. I would love any and all feedback thanks. Try to keep it constructive and everyone have a great time skyblocking.

12. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Bump also GeooBerry could u add tag usa in front please?

13. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    bump Happy 4th of july Murica

14. lasagna

lasagna Member

Going to stay neutral for now and wait to see what I think in a while since you said you will be helping out more in global. Haven’t seen much from you in chat besides constantly spamming a profit shop, that is usually empty nonetheless. Maybe reduce the time interval, since the shop needs to refill anyways. Hope to see some improvements and I’ll support.

15. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks so much for feedback i have moved timer to 10 mins. And i am looking out in chat for any rule breaking or anyone who needs advice. Whats your ign?

16. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Sir, please calm your bumps down a little. Since the tempo of mod apps have slowed down a lot, I'd suggest keeping it at around a week instead of the 2-day, 3-day or 4-day that you've been doing.

17. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    ok will do

18. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Hey Ursus, for now I'm gonna stick to no support. However I would like to offer you some feedback which would help me move towards Neutral and possibly Support.

(We are different time zones so these may be just a clash of when each other are awake and active)

Activity- So you are online a lot however I feel like its just AFK-ed bots. I'm not 100% sure how it is on /skblock as I do not play there as much as /economy but on eco we only really see your bot advertising a profit shop, pratically all day every day. Now this is ok but it can get a tad bit annoying, but that's an easy fix on our end (just got to /ignore it). So what i am saying is that I would like to see you engaging with the community a bit more. This leads onto my second point...
    Helping- I don't see you help much, this may be because you're afk or on /skyblock but even when I am there I do not see you in chat. That should be improved.
    Discord- I also don't see you very active in discord, being on call is all well but it only engages with small groups of people and not the community there as a hole.

Non of this is meant to offend, i think that you are a great guy! It is you choice how to handle you time and what you want to do in game, these are only suggestions from my view, others may suggest differently.

Good Luck with your application!
    -Frez

19. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Thanks so much frez this is some of the best feedback I have gotten in a long time here. On they anoyqance factor of the autoadvert bot do u think it would have if i moved it to every 10 minutes. i generaly try to be online and active about 5 hours a day but its generaly on skyblock and i shoud work on balancing my time better

20. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    I think that that would be a good idea! Thank you for taking and understanding my feedback, glad I could be of some assistance!
    Yet again, good luck with your application!
    -Frez :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.