/Trust Level Suggestions

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by Floridian, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Floridian

Floridian Member

Introduction:
    Hello, let me briefly introduce myself. My IGN is Floridian, I've been apart of this server for a long time
    and have watched the server and player base grow into what it is today. I actively help players while I
    am on the server with suggestions and advice. Although having an account on the forums for over 2
    years, this will be first post on the forums. Now that you somewhat know me, let's get into my
    suggestion.

Suggestion:
    I believe that there should be multiple /Trust [Player] levels implemented into the Skyblock Server. It
    would greatly help the player base and server by letting the players decide what level, and what they
    want their new trusted player to be capable of doing on their beloved island. The trusted player could be
    anyone from a friend next-door, to someone they just recently met. Of course they will trust their friend
    next-door to not
    grief their island, but do they trust the recently met player to not grief their island?
    That is where I ran into problems with the current /Trust system. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely
    loved the implementation of island protection and the /Trust system as players were no longer able to
    bridge to my island and grief it. As a player who has had the same island during my whole duration on
    skyblock.net, I find it very difficult to trust players to modify my island. Again, this is where my
    suggestion comes into play. By adding different levels of the /Trust [Player], it would greatly benefit the
    players on this server. No matter if you want someone to be able to go around your island with no
    restrictions, to be able to build, or to be able to have no restrictions (how the current /Trust system is
    today); there will be a /Trust command for the right occasion. *Below are some examples of what I had
    in mind, the commands and properties might not be the same as what could be implemented, but it
    gives a rough example.*

{The levels are just placeholders for the possible future commands.}

Examples:

/Trust [Player] Level 1

*Allows players trusted with this command to freely roam the island with restrictions.*

{Properties}

1. Can open trapped / normal doors and gates.
    2. Can use buttons.
    3. Can use items such as ender chests, enchantment tables, brewing stands, crafting tables,
    etc.

*Possibility of having the ability to open unprotected chests, I will touch on this later.*

/Trust [Player] Level 2

*Allows players trusted with this command to freely build on the island, but not destroy blocks
    placed by other players.*

{Properties}

1. Can build on the island, but not destroy blocks placed by other players.
    *CANNOT PLACE LAVA, OBSIDIAN OR PROTECT CHESTS*
    2. Has all the properties of /Trust Level 1.

*Possibility of having the ability to open unprotected chests, I will touch on this later.*
    *Possibility of being able to harvest farms and trees, I will touch on this later.*

/Trust [Player] Level 3

*Allows players trusted with this command to have little to no restriction;
    (How the current /Trust system works.)*

{Properties}

1. Can build or destroy and block on the island.
    2. Can protect chests.
    3. Has all the properties of /Trust Level 2.

/Trust [Player] Level 4 *Possibility*

*Gives the players trusted with this command nearly the same properties of the island owner.*

{Properties}

1. Can /Trust or /Untrust players; *CANNOT USE /Coop and /NewIsland COMMANDS*
    2. Has all the properties of /Trust level 3.

Notes:
    If /Trust Level 1 has access to unprotected chests, they could steal and the point of /Trust level 1 is
    to have the bare minimum trust level on the island. /Trust Level 1 is meant for people who want to see
    the island with no restrictions to doors. I believe that /Trust Level 2 should have access to unprotected
    chests so they could handle things such as banner shops when the other players are gone; players
    don't have to worry about the /Trust Level 2 player griefing. /Trust Level 2 players should
    not have the ability to destroy blocks besides their own; but they should be given the ability to destroy
    blocks such as banners along with the ability to harvest farms and trees. I wasn't sure if I like /Trust
    Level 4, it gives the island owner the ability to give nearly the same privileges to another player, it
    could possibly eliminate the need for the /Coop command, but they would still have separate islands.
    The commands could also eliminate the "Level" in the command making it /Trust [Player] 4 instead
    of /Trust [Player] Level 4. It could be hard for players to begin to learn the new command, so if they
    use /Trust [Player], it could result in the player receiving instructions for the new command, or
    the old /Trust [Player] command could result in defaulting to /Trust Level 3, or 4.

*I would like to take this time to thank you for reading and taking my suggestion into consideration.
    Also, special thanks to Wilbos_World, as he was the one who supported me and told me it would be
    a good idea to post this in the forums.*

Thanks again,

F l o r i d i a n

*THIS NEW TRUST SYSTEM WILL WORK QUITE SIMILARLY TO THE WAY THE DIFFERENT MOD LEVELS WORK ON A BASIC MINECRAFT SERVER*

• Support Support x 5
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  2. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    No support l. I do t think this is even possible as the trust levels may confuse a lot. I don't think we need it now.

3. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Here is the thing. We do not need this since it is just not needed. However, this can dust off a few griefs from the community since you can only trust them with some of the blocks. This can be added later, but it does not have to be added now. Support.

4. Floridian

Floridian Member

Like I stated, I'm not saying this suggestion needs to be 100% like the example given. My example was only a rough draft of the idea. The main issue is the uniformity of the current /Trust, anyone trusted has full modification of the island which can result in griefing. Lets say I wanted to trust a player to just manage a banner shop, or build something. Trusting that player is a huge risk to the island, especially if it's a well developed island. But again, it was just an suggestion; it doesn't need to be super confusing.

5. Ogrefyy

Ogrefyy Active Member

6. Floridian

Floridian Member

The current Trust system works great, I don't think it's broken, I just feel it's very much like a cookie cutter. It gets the job done, but not everyone wants the same outcome of a player being able to modify anything on the island.

7. RocketOG

RocketOG Guest

This should be moved to suggestions, copy paste it there or have a mod move it. :)

8. saintsebastian

saintsebastian Active Member

trust level 2 might be hard to make but FULL SUPPORT. maybe this should be added to the server but in a more simple way. like level 1 is doors, level 2 is chests and farms, level 3 is blocks. and level 4 can use /trust and /coop invite.

9. MikaMelody

MikaMelody Well-Known Member

Support. its a nice idea

10. SirAgent

SirAgent Active Member

Support. Good idea.

11. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

It's too confusing, no support

12. SirAgent

SirAgent Active Member

How is this confusing?

13. Floridian

Floridian Member

I'm sorry if the way I described it was too confusing, I just didn't want to miss any details. My suggestion is that there could be multiple different /Trust levels that in the least amount of words possibly will prevent unwanted griefs.
    The levels would vary from giving the trusted player only access to open doors etc. to only being able to build on the island, to basically what the trust system is now.

14. corn doggo

corn doggo Experienced Member

Yes. Yes. Yes. The default would be 2 or 3?

15. Floridian

Floridian Member

I wasn't sure if there should be a default so when you were to type /Trust [Player] if it needed to include the level after [Player], or if it should just default when /Trust [Player] is typed. I guess the community can help decide which idea they like more, but if it were to default I would say defaulting to Level 2 would be nice since they wouldn't be allowed to grief, but having it default to Level 3 could be equally as nice as it could help get rid of confusion if this gets implemented as Level 3 would most likely be the same as the current /Trust command.

16. Fern

Fern Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fernzi
    cool idea. i like it support :>

17. Interneting

Interneting Member

Support, seems like a good idea.

18. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Or maybe have 2 levels: guest and members. Members can edit everything while guests can only use specific containers (not chests), doors, buttons, pressure plates etc. This could be implemented possibly, and also relies on the protection type islands have.

19. Floridian

Floridian Member

I like the Guest and Member, that would be as simplified as it could probably get. I believe at least some people could also agree with me that an class type between the Guest and Member class could be nice to have; maybe this in-between class could be called something along the lines of a Builder, someone who is allowed to build on the island, but is not allowed to destroy other blocks players have made into builds. The Builder class would really help when people want to do a community build island, where anyone who wants to help build has the option to, but can't grief anybody else's build. It could also help with griefing if someone wants to help build on their island, but nobody is available to watch him; this would really help players trust other players to build on their island without the worry of griefs happening. At least that's how I feel as I can't trust anybody to just build on my island in fear of them griefing or stealing. Thank you so much for your opinion! I really appreciate hearing everyone's thoughts on this topic!

20. Floridian

Floridian Member

I was playing on a trusted build island with a few other people, one of the players decided that he was bored and griefed the whole island and decided to steal all of the dirt and other valuable items on the island. This is why I find it would be extremely beneficial if there was a way to implement where players can build but not destroy blocks placed by other people; unless it is the island owner or coop.