Denied [Trin] Inappropriate Chat Mute Appeal [Michael] [Denied]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by trinity, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    1. Server/platform (Classic / Skyblock / Forums / Discord ): skyblock
    2. In-game name: twxntyonepilots
    3. Full exact mute Message: Please do not disrespect other players, just ignore them.
    4. Did you read the rules ? yes
    5. Why do YOU think you were muted? because I had called two very "lovely" young gentlemen reres.
    6. Was this an incorrect ban? No, it was not, but I have a reasoning, no matter how much of a jerk I was.
    7. Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? staff tell me my whole history takes up a whole pag
    8. Why do you think you should be unbanned? The reason I went off is because I was literally being told to kill myself. I'm sorry, what did you want me to do? Sit there? Smile about it? Or did you expect me to go off? This server never fails to amaze me. I know I was in the wrong, I'm just in awe how I got muted for responding to being told to kill myself. It's literally making no sense to me. And the comment that was added to my mute too, "please report the player" or whatever, I'd like to point out the fact that I DID, and a mod came on to mute me and im pretty sure did nothing about the other two.
    But hey. welcome to Skyblock.

tagging my muting mod, Michael

2. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Trin, I understand that what those players were doing was extremely offensive, and should under no circumstances be ignored; however, that does not give you the right to outright insult them, use vulgar language, or start discussions about extremely personal details of your life that can very easily make others extremely uncomfortable. I can assure you that all involved players have been dealt with. Just because it was not public does not mean that it was ignored. I apologize if I gave you that impression.

As stated in your mute message, there is nothing wrong with ignoring the players, after taking a screenshot, and filing a report; that is why the command exists. There was no need to continue the argument, and it would have almost definitely turned out for the better if you had simply chosen to ignore the players once they began making offensive comments, and then reporting them for harassment and inappropriate language.

The actions of others cannot be used to justify your own mistakes. I feel that your mute was completely justified, and I believe that I was rather generous when deciding to only mute for 24 hours, considering your previous history. Please wait it out, and take this time to rethink your actions, in order to avoid similar situations in the future.

3. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.