Top 5 Voters [December]

Discussion in 'Top Voters' started by CypriotMerks, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultinix8

ultinix8 Member

But he mentioned something about "100% accurate" when Drogo said that it was wrong, so it couldn't be chose randomly. Plus, the picture Drogo posted says that myrmidous voted 28 in December, but here it says he was first and voted 30. It could be that he chose randomly, but in this case, it's not.

2. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    The old site (votes.com) used to randomise people on the same number of votes but that isn't used anymore. The site used now lists them in the order in which they voted. i.e. First to vote is listed highest.

3. LetsPlay1196

LetsPlay1196 Active Member

and we all also know the bug when you vote for vote1 and don't get your reward, so cyp should better rework that plugin because how can someone with 28 votes get 30? and i know i sometimes don't get a reward from vote1, vote2 always works though :rolleyes:
    I wonder why? maybe because minecraftservers org is glitched? it even tells me to wait till tommorow when i'm even voting shortly after 1AM my time (as seen in my screenshot)

4. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo isn't claiming to have been scammed. Just that there appears to be an error.

5. Frederic

Frederic Well-Known Member

IGN:
    derf128
    Congrats to the winners! To the others: don't try to understand how it works, it's pure luck and opaque af. I got top voter on a month I expected it least, after trying and failing during 11 months. So believe me I can totally relate to your frustration. Keep up with it, eventually it will work one day.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. ultinix8

ultinix8 Member

I'm glad that I'm not the only person to be feeling that way. It's just that I was excited when I see I was in top 5, but the moment I saw the post, my excitement faded away and fell down the drain. I have been voting constantly for at least 6 months, but some months I couldn't vote on some days due to either a glitch or cheating by others.

7. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo has explained in another thread how it works and it is not by luck. It's all to do with voting everyday and then voting first on the last day. As for the bug that seems to hit everyone, Drogo is unsure but ultinix's hypothesis may require some further looking into by the powers that be.

8. CypriotMerks

CypriotMerks Experienced Member

We have a listener to log votes to a text file. Every vote is logged and calculated at the end of the month using a script.

[​IMG]
    Output:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. ultinix8

ultinix8 Member

How come in vote1, myrmidous has 28, while that file says 30? And also, do you have to be on skyblock.net while voting in order to work? And please look in to my theory and what myrmidous meant by me trying to "sabotage" others.

10. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

Why don't you ask Myrmidous? I'm sure he could answer you about the "sabatoge" part and your theory :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    I cannot comment on how your listener and script works but the screenshot I posted showed that I and others voted 30 times on vote1.
    It appears that some votes are not being picked up by the listener.

12. LetsPlay1196

LetsPlay1196 Active Member

and some votes get duped i guess or get mentioned as "vote tommorow please" but still give the person a reward, i'm sure you also had once a day where you voted on vote1 but didn't get a reward on the server, right?

13. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Can't be sure on that. I have encountered not being able to vote before with the same 'wait until tomorrow' message everyone seems to get but as for not getting in game rewards, I'm often not in game when I vote so can't know if I missed it.

14. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    Well guess who's a sore winner.

You obviously wouldn't be gloating if you didn't win. And if you'd lost, you would already have created a questionably formatted thread with strangely out-of-place memes complaining to the staff.

15. Squig

Squig Experienced Member

Gratz to all the winners

16. Squig

Squig Experienced Member

Minecraft servers website is a bit behind, cyp's script is correct.
    CypriotMerks

17. ultinix8

ultinix8 Member

Would he answer though?
    This will be my last argument, so here it is: How come its behind when it says I and the others have 29 votes? If this is explained, then I will understand, but in this case, I don't. I need more info on how top 5 voters works.

This is all I'm gonna say unless something interesting pops up. I'll just keep on voting to hope getting top 5 voters. And I'll also keep in mind of the theory and what Myrmidous meant by me trying to sabotage others. But even if my theory is true, this is a message to all, be careful on voting.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. CypriotMerks

CypriotMerks Experienced Member

It goes through the file line by one, so it adds points by who voted first and at the end, sorts it via remove. So the ones at the top are the first to vote.

19. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    There is noting wrong with the script or the text file. The votes on the website sometimes glitch and has nothing to do with the server votes. I have personally contacted support in the voting website and they said there is a problem they are working on fixing. You can't really tel which vote winners are accurate.

20. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    I know with absolute certainty that I voted 30 times in December. I missed one day when minecraftservers claimed I had already voted. I can say the same for every other month that I have won, the count on minecraft servers has been correct. There is something wrong with the script. I'm guessing this is the first time it's been used.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.