Too much lag

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by SlovakCrafter, Aug 3, 2017.

1. SlovakCrafter

SlovakCrafter Member

It was just normal day when i joined skyblock server and then it happends. When the amount of players was bigger than 150 it just started lagging. There may be several problems what can cause the lag. 1. Too big render distance - actually 2 chunks. I think on skyblock you dont need that big render distance because it is in sky so you dont need to have loaded around you 2 chunks. That is total 16000 chunks loaded if the server is full. 2. Second problem can be with big player limit (actually 1000). The skyblock actually dont need that big limit because maximum is around 300 players at once now. 3. Too slow clearlag can cause a lot of loaded dropped items so it shall be faster than now. Idk how often is the clearlag but it can be smaller time between clear lag clearing.

- SlovakCrafter

2. Uras

Uras Well-Known Member

Thats why a new server is coming out,
    All the things you mentioned has to do with some of the server's lag, but 90% the lag comes from the amount of Blocks places in the server.

3. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Leeroie is currently trying to fix the lag anyway :)

4. SlovakCrafter

SlovakCrafter Member

i told him that things in game already :) but why not post it here too.

5. CloudCorp

CloudCorp Active Member

IGN:
    CloudCorp
    This is just another GET RID OF LAG THREAD NO SUPPORT

Ps. The lag is the only thing that has never left me... never alone with it

6. Kitkattt

Kitkattt Experienced Member

support but unoriginal x)

7. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    Welcome to the club of people who've made a thread complaining about the lag ;)
    It's being worked on. At this point, making a suggestion thread will do nothing: Cyp, Crew and Lee are all aware of the issue. If you have a specific idea of how to fix it, then PM them, but keep in mind that they most likely already know what you wish to tell them.

8. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    As the people above have said, Lee is trying to fix the lag and you're not the first to make a thread like this.

9. Abree107

Abree107 Active Member

Reducing lag is kinda an eternal goal, not like it's ever been ignored. Just difficult in a server so old with so much strain on it now.