UK Togpuss’ Helper/Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Togpuss, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Hello, my name is Togpuss and today I will be applying for staff on skyblock.net.

My IGN/In game name:
    My full in game name is Togpuss although people often refer to me as Tog or ‘Puss.

What is your location and time zone?
    I am a 14 year old boy who lives in England - Oxford kind of area -meaning my time zone is BST but will later change to GMT as the year goes onwards.

What languages do you speak?
    My first language is English - for clear reasons, but I also know enough German to have a good conversation, and also know some French. In addition to this, I am attempting to teach myself Icelandic.

Do you have 2FA Enabled?
    Of course I have 2FA enabled! I am a very secure person and have 2FA on almost everything that I have a login to.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing devices? (i.e recording software, screenshots, etc.)
    Yes. I use Fraps Premium, OBS studio, and Jing for recording and use Jing and Fraps for screen shorting as well. I also have a folder for F2 Minecraft screenshots if worst comes to worst.

Why do you think you should become a staff member?
    I think I should become a staff member on Skyblock for a range of different reasons, so I have compiled a list of reasons and described each of of them in as much detail as possible.

Helpful
    Let’s start with possibly the most important one. This seems like quite a basic one. Players tend to look for staff members if they’re in need of help. Helping people just so happens to be one of my best traits as well! In both real life, and in Minecraft, I do as much as I can to help those players in need - whether it’s for building, guidance, or just the kid next to me asking for my maths homework, I’ll always be willing to help them as I love making people happy and often feel satisfied with myself afterwards. As well as helping, I enjoy teaching and showing people how to do things. I have been complimented many times on my good teaching skills and would be delighted to share my knowledge with others about pretty much anything as well as learning things from other people.

High Activity Levels
    The title speaks for itself really. I’m usually quite active on the server but really active over discord or on forums. If not online, I can be contacted through discord: Togpuss#5931 which I check every 20-60 minutes, or quicker. I can be contacted though the Skyblock forums as well which I check once an hour until approximately 9:30pm - 10pm, where I will be active on forums and discord full time until 11pm at the earliest, or 2am at the latest.

Experienced
    I have been on the skyblock server since the very start of ClassicSB as a little green bean when the server struggled to get more than thirty players online at one time, meaning that I have seen: quite a lot in my years. I also used to joint own a small factions server that rarely reached over fifteen players online at one single time where I gained moderation experience by catching hackers, or any other people who broke the rules. Sadly, that server project was seemingly abandoned despite the fact that it is draining £40/month out of the other owner’s bank account. I was also a moderator in a different server which did Factions, Skyblock, and KitPvP, until I decided to resign when a new, not very good manager took over.

Mature
    I believe that I am very mature for my age. I know I can be slightly immature around friends but I’m sure I can refrain from showing that side of me while working as a Helper or a Moderator on Skyblock.

Serious
    At times, I can be deadly serious serious if I need to be, but I promise you, I also have a great sense of humour and can be very funny at times. So you can laugh around with me all that you like.

Unbiased and Understanding
    I am understanding and never judge anyone, no matter what the situation is. If I were staff, I would always find solutions to problems and listen to not one side of the argument; but both sides of the argument to ensure that no one’s side of the story is getting left out. I would treat everyone equally, even my best friends and completely value everyone’s opinions, making sure not to ever skip to my own judgments no matter what. I am a very honest person too and will do anything in my power to find and tell the real truth.

Hardworking and not lazy
    I am very hard working in Minecraft and even more hard working in real life. I have always set myself targets for pretty much everything and as a result of my hard working, I am doing very well at school. I am the complete opposite of lazy both physically and mentally. Mentally; I never take the easiest or do the bare minimum of everything, and physically; I am a regional Squash player, which also took a lot of hard work to achieve. Another example me being dedicated to my work, is writing this application at 2:30 in the morning when I have school tomorrow. Being a staff member on skyblock would give me a big opportunity to show this in game.

Generous
    I don’t stand for scamming and would be happy to refund some scams out of my own stash of rares. I would not be able to do his often, since I am not the richest person on skyblock, but I will happily refund some things if needed.

Friendly
    I love making friends so would always be happy to make some more. I am quite sociable and I love meeting new people and making new friends!

Quick Typer
    Typing quickly has many good benefits. It allows you to reply to messages as quick as possible. I am a very quick typer meaning I would be able to reply to people as quick abs possible.

Have you ever been banned in the past?
    Sadly, I have. Once in ClassicSB by Krissy for 24 hours for ‘Griefing’ (After the person who reported me framed me as they told me in a Skype chat to break his banners for him) - Didn’t make a forums ban appeal as it was such a short ban (Just to clarify, I told Krissy I was innocent that time and she believed me and we had a right laugh about it). I also got banned by Myrmidous for advertising a different server on my private discord server but was unbanned almost instantly when he found out it had nothing to do with this server, and that I was in fact innocent. All of this was over a year ago.

Do you have any previous experience?

See the section named ‘Experienced’

How long can you be online per day?

Active Time
    Monday- 2-5 hours
    Tuesday- 2-3 hours
    Wednesday- 2-5 hours
    Thursday- 2-3 hours
    Friday- 2-3 hours
    Saturday and Sunday- 3-12 hours
    Holidays- 4-12 hours

**Active on discord and forums 6-12 hours per day day, depending on weekends, weekdays, and holidays.**
    Note: Times may vary depending on school work.

Known Commands:
    /kick [Player] [Reason]
    /mute [Player] [Reason]
    /tempmute [Player] [Time][Timeform] [Reason]
    /ban [Player] [Reason]
    /tempban [Player] [Time] [Timeform] [Reason]

I know many others but I highly doubt they will be needed as a Helper or a Moderator.

Do you meet the requirements to be staff?
    Yes

I would like to thank you all for reading my application, it would mean so much to me to be on the skyblock staff team and has been on of my dreams for a long while now. I would really appreciate if you supported me but I understand if you don’t feel that I am quite ready yet, thanks.

-Togpuss

(edit}[note:] time zone changed from BST to GMT as of October 27th/2019 - clocks changed.

• No Support No Support x 9
    • Neutral Neutral x 6
    • Support Support x 5
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparklez
    Hey togpuss, I will be going neutral for now. Your a very kind person but I just don't see you helping a lot on all 3 platforms, I also think you should work a bit more on your maturity and professionalism.
    I will reconsider my status when I feel you have improved
    Good luck :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thinker

Thinker Member

IGN:
    sandhuwarrior
    Is this really that necessary?

No support

Also to add you clearly aren't up to date with the server Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 7.23.49 PM.png

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  4. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Known commands is a good thing to have in an application. It means you don’t have to learn as much as moderator. Read some other applications and I’m sure you will find a lot like that.

I’ll try to work on that, thanks for the feedback! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2019
  5. Prxc

Prxc Ruler Premium

IGN:
    JamesIsCancelled
    This is a staff app, not an inside joke. Stuff like this is completely unnecessary.

There are just a couple bits in your application that stick out because the comments are very immature. No support, I don’t think you currently know enough about the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. WhyBlu

WhyBlu Active Member

IGN:
    WhyBlu
    Neutral, Although i'm not active on the server often, you lack activity, and even if you do eventually get on, it would be a matter of time before you'd log off and go somewhere else.

But that out of the way, I'd think you'll be able to get the role eventually.

Good luck Buddy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I’m back on Skyblock for good. I have been very active online recently on both the game, discord, and forums. I only went in the first place because of a school work haul that I didn’t prepare for in time. I’ve learned I should do my school work now as soon as possible, so I don’t get panicked again. At the moment, all work is under control, and it should stay that way for at least another year from now; even then, I’ve promised myself not to leave homework and assignments to the night before meaning That everything should be good even in a years time.

8. MysteriousOak

MysteriousOak Active Member

IGN:
    AncientOak
    Hey Tog,

Glad to see you applying for the server but I will rate it neutral leaning towards no support for now.

Firstly, Your application looks great, maybe too many personalities, too many of them make it "unbelievable".

Additionally, 6-18 hours on forums/discord seems to be unbelievable too, I bet you do other things than just sitting on discord and forums all day long without taking any breaks then sleeping.

Finally, I think you could help and be more active in-game, not saying you aren't active or you aren't helping but you could do it more frequently, since that's what we need at the moment, active staff members.

Kind regards,
    Oak

9. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I spend a lot of time on forums and discord as I never get tired meaning I can go to sleep at 3am and still be fine the following morning, so decide to turn my phone on and message on discord or forums until 3am sometimes. As stated in my application, unless it is at night, I’m not on discord or forums 24/7 but do check them very often. I am working on my activity levels. Only the second week of the school year so had to recap on last years subjects. Now I have done that work, I can be active a lot more in game.

10. MysteriousOak

MysteriousOak Active Member

IGN:
    AncientOak
    Ye but still you are not online 6 hours in total, maybe you check time to time 6 hours straight, better to type "a few hours, I check forums and discord frequently" or something like that. Also, I can't judge you how active you will be in the next 4 weeks, I can only judge you how you've been in the past few months, hope you understand. Edit: You shouldn't disagree with criticism, take it as advice and learn instead. I've made that mistake too, so instead of rating it "disagree" take it as advice and learn :D

11. Extreme

Extreme Active Member

Neutral mostly leaning to support. Well i've known u for like a month or two? but ur a really nice person! active but i dont really see u help out much :(
    Best of luck
    ~Extreme

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Lobh

Lobh Active Member

IGN:
    Lobh
    Hi Tog.

I really enjoyed reading your application.
    I am on the verge of neutral / support.

I know you have recently just returned from a long absence and I feel you might need a few more months of getting back into the community until you’re ready.

Kind regards and best wishes

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Working on helping out as much as possible now, thanks for the feedback! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Lobh

Lobh Active Member

IGN:
    Lobh
    Eyyy bro goodluck.
    I havnt been online in a few weeks. Very busy with work so I havnt been there to see you helping but keep it up and I’m sure you will make it!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I mean. I literally have a waiting list on people my wanting help...

16. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Active Member

IGN:
    Lilcupcakefreak
    Hey, you're a very nice person! Like I told you in our private conversation last night the 6-18 hours seems unlikely. I'd say go with like 12 hours max, since you wont't be looking at forums and discord every second of the day.
    I've seen you helping out a lot, but maybe you try too hard? I'm sure you are doing it out of good intentions but make it more natural putting too much effort into something can work against you.
    I will go with neutral for now and will come back to this application when my opinion changes.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Teeler

Teeler Senior Member

IGN:
    LanaDxlRxy
    everyone and their pet goldfish knows about these commands.
    okay tea @ not being up to date.

Hell yeah we love bribery.

I'm not supporting this application, sorry.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Just because I don’t mind refunding out of my own pocket, doesn’t mean I’m bribing. The chances are, people will rarely need this anyway. Thanks for the feedback anyway though.

Thanks for the feedback. I edited it to 6-12 hours on forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2019
  19. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    all useless parts of your application
    how would this help with you being a staff member?

remove the useless parts that don't need to be included in a application.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Togpuss

Togpuss Active Member

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Quick Typer

Serious: You can’t joke around all the time so have to be serious at times.

Generous: Shows dedication to the server and being a staff member.

Quick Typer: Not slow at getting back to people/replying to messages.

Known commands: Helpful to know from previous experiences.

• Agree Agree x 2