Global Toggleable chest shop notifications (or replace multiple buys with a *x system

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Moee, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    This suggestion is a bit more complex than the be notified when a player visits your island, but it seems to be more of a problem. Myself and others such as Choco_0range have shops that can be spammed, causing our screens to fill up when someone buys something.
    My original idea would be just adding an option to toggle whether the notifications appeared or not, but the majority of players would find this useless, as they need some idea of what is selling.
    My next suggestion would replace the "player bought x items from you for x grass." notifications that appear on multiple lines, with notifications that changed depending on how many times they bought it.
    EXPLANATION: If I had a chest shop selling 2 wooden logs for one grass, someone spending 8 grass would see something like this:
    this can be very spammy and annoying to both the shop owners and the players. My suggestion would start with the
    “you bought 2 Logs from moearnings for 1 grass.”
    The next time they clicked the sign (within 5 seconds or so) it would change (not make a new line) the original line to say
    “you bought 4 Logs from moearnings for 2 grass.”
    And so on and so forth.
    This may or may not be possible, as I have seen antispam plugins on other servers that add a (x2) to the end of a chat message, and that may be able to be repurposed like this.
    Let me know what you think!
    P.S. This would affect both shop owners and customers.

• Support Support x 26
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  2. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    I love this idea and support it! My only concern is, I don't think they are using a custom plugin for the shop. If that is true, I'm not sure if they would be able to modify it without creating an all-new plugin. I could definitely be incorrect though. Regardless, I support this!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    To my knowledge, the plugin on skyblock for tradeshops is already a modified version, if not custom. This thread here gives some more info: TradeShops Have Returned! | Skyblock Forums

In regards to the suggestion - I like this, support. Although most of the buying from my tradeshops happens when I’m offline, when it does catch me online it is incredibly annoying with all the spam.

4. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Support. Reasons above. :coffee:

5. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    bumping this.

6. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    This exists in trauphos skyblock mod

7. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

I agree. I often have a free item shop and it is VERY annoying when someone takes it all and I can't see any messages. This will promote free item shops and selling in lower quantities. The only time you should get a message is when the shop runs out.

8. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Please.
    I own roughly 3.75% of the whole server's tradeshops and the amount of spam I get from my mall is crazy!! I have lots of free shops too for food and cobblestone and I have them set to low amounts so they are not abused, people tend to spam them until they get half a stack or a stack (fills up my whole chat) and this makes it quite hard for me to moderate because I miss all of chat. A toggle would be so nice to add, although I think that replacing it with "user bought x of this item for x grass" may be a bit harder to do than just a simple toggle? Either way would be really helpful and there's my full support on this! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Bumping this.

10. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Bumping again.

11. dejongJR21

dejongJR21 Member

IGN:
    dejongJR21
    Support, maybe it can be toggled and u can use a command to view an daily list with al your sells/buys on it?

12. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Bumping this post yet again

13. Golden_Belle

Golden_Belle Active Member

IGN:
    Golden_Belle
    I don't know anything about coding really, but just another idea in case devs read this is if it is too hard to change the message once it is in chat, then perhaps a 2 second delay each time the trade shop is used before it gives a chat notification and if the same player uses it again it resets the 2 second timer and adds it to the previous transaction(s). Again, I don't know what is easier to code, just throwing an idea out there.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  14. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Bumpity bump

15. Porky

Porky Active Member

Full support

16. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    thanks!

17. Lukxy

Lukxy Member

IGN:
    Lukxy
    I support 100%! I wish there was a way to use the mod "compact chat" with chest shop notifications. So if you get the same message it would just stack.

18. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    Support, This would be very useful for big shop owners.

19. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    I am once again asking for your support.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Use Traupho's skyblock mod to make these notifications not appear. Done. Problem solved.