Skyblock Timed Trade Shops

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Nikoshka, Aug 6, 2018.

?

This a good idea?

1. Yay

86.3%
  2. Ney

8.2%
  3. With alterations

5.5%
  1. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

I support this but I this isn't completely necessary as this function can already be done with redstone.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  2. Wardalicious

Wardalicious Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Wardalicious
    This design is quite impressive, I must say. However, it is not conducive to our server. We deal with server latency on a daily basis, and this would only contribute to that.

Along-side this dilemma, most players are not so savvy with redstone, as you are. Your average player would need to get someone skilled in such matters, to set it up for them. This would make it difficult for new or inexperienced players to use this feature.

While updates and improvements do cost Noobcrew money, I feel this is one area where the server will benefit greatly from this upgrade. I'm hoping he updates the plugin to allow for a timed feature.

3. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Wow, that's detailed.
    Although I didn't make the suggestion, Nikoshka seems to be inactive, so I will suggest my answers to the problems you brought up.
    The time would have to apply to each player, as well as to each chest seperately, as a t:0 would mean that a player can only buy from a chest shop once.
    The timer could easily only count down when the chest was in a loaded chunk.

Maybe there should be a limit, maybe there shouldn't. The devs would have to decide that.
    I agree, but with all suggestions, its a game of risk/reward.
    The chest shop was developed in-house though, as mentioned multiple places and earlier in this thread.
    I really enjoyed reading your feedback btw

4. No longer on forums

No longer on forums Member

Just saying I do not believe this will lag much. This is due to the hopper being disabled most of the time and the only source of possibly significant lag is the redstone clock (Though this clock should be slowed down, reducing its lag to almost nothing depending on the type of clock). (The comparator system only uses a few parts so it shouldn't lag much.)

I support this suggestion however this system is a possible alternative you guys can use for now if you really want this.

(Also forgot to tell you guys double chest are a bit weird in skyblock when using comparators. I think the server registers them as 2 single chest so you have to measure both chest blocks to make sure you have 100% accuracy.)

I understand the issues with this but I don't think redstone could fix any of those issues by itself without exploiting potentially server harming bugs. Some of these would require an alt to load the chunks while others require either a player to memorize and manage stuff or an automatic system, which is what this suggestion supports.
    (Also this design can be customized to change various aspects such as the stock size if you know the chest shop plugin well enough combined with redstone.)

Honestly this suggestion is probably a way better solution to this problem than this redstone device as there is a hopper limit.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  5. Nikoshka

Nikoshka Well-Known Member

mad to think I made this suggestion when I was 15 (now 19)

still a very relevant problem to this day. big bump

6. ak2382

ak2382 Active Member

IGN:
    ak2382
    Support

7. Glinnight

Glinnight Member

IGN:
    Glinnight
    @Staff why hasn’t this been approved / denied yet??? It’s been over four years. What causes this process to take so long? It makes players not want to make suggestions because they obviously aren’t taken seriously if it takes over four years to get a response.

Also, I support this idea!

8. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Welcome to Skyblock Glinnight. Many requests go by without any response, recognition or thanks for players efforts in improving the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Glinnight

Glinnight Member

IGN:
    Glinnight
    It’s very disappointing to hear that. I hope we can see some improvement.

10. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    It's easy to see the massive amount of support this suggestion has gotten as of now. I have to agree with you on that one.

11. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    Because suggestions must age like a fine wine before they can be considered! =D

12. Nikoshka

Nikoshka Well-Known Member

If this wine were in Minecraft, it would already be 300 years old.

Pretty expensive wine if you ask me!

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  13. UpsideDowns

UpsideDowns Active Member

This sounds like a great idea and I’d love to see it implemented, or similar. I was giving away enchanted picks in a chest not long ago and had one person ignore the whole “take one” idea and come “buy” out my whole stock. Very sad.

14. Creepingdeath9

Creepingdeath9 Well-Known Member

A person walks in a store and buys all of one item so the store is out of that item, the person then walks to his own store that is more well known to people and sell the item he bought for a higher price

I just started enchanting silk picks again and this is still happening ! ( i cant be sure the one who bought them is a larger or more well known store but it was an example)

Thats why this tread is still relevant

Also, if there was timed trade shops probably more people could have a good chance of selling stuff to

Yes my english is bad!

15. Creepingdeath9

Still nothing
    Plz i really whant to start selling cheap stuff without getting looted and see the items being sold for higher prices in a different shop

16. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    This is not practically possible in the way you most likely want it to work. I can add this however the cooldowns would not be persistent so if the shop gets unloaded all cooldowns would be gone. This would also mean that this whole only being able to purchase once part wouldn't work at all. If players still think that it'd be useful I can implement it, might be useful if someone makes a new thread for that though to confirm it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  17. Creepingdeath9

Aaah did not think about the cooldown but makes sense.
    Might only create lag and i dont whant that so i withdraw my thoughts about this at the moments.

Thank you for the good reply

18. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I never knew this was a thing. I do agree with this. I had a few, though rare, issues in the past with people hoarding everything. However Dex has stated that it would require some work around and there would be some compromises that would have to be made. That I am unsure of but hopefully there is a way to implement this.

Support!