There Should be a /report feature

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by TheCrazyPorkChop, Dec 30, 2019.

?

There Should be a /report feature

Poll closed Jan 20, 2020.
  1. yes

90.0%
  2. no

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCrazyPorkChop

TheCrazyPorkChop New Member

I have been told by a member of staff to post this on the forums so I have

• Support Support x 3
    • Neutral Neutral x 3
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I would move this thread to Server Gameplay Suggestions | Skyblock Forums. That way it can be truly discussed and possibly made into a change.

I know plugins like this already exist, and can be very useful for servers, so I think it would be nice here. They'd just need to dedicate a staff member to sorting through all the junk and fake reports.

3. HkTV

HkTV Active Member

Yeah I guess there could be some use in the feature. I know lots of people will say that this will bring about "abuse" of the feature but just like spam in every other part of the game it can easily be fixed by mutes etc.

It would be useful in helping alert mods when there is a problem in chat or just help promote reporting issues over 'mini-modding'

Yeah I support the idea, but I'm curious to how you'd have it implemented. Discord chat notification?
    :popcorn:

4. TheCrazyPorkChop

yeah a private discord which alerts staff after multiple reports to lower the chance of fake reports

5. Gutlerglates

Gutlerglates Active Member

IGN:
    IKillU69x
    just like /settings, but for reports? Id support that.

6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

It’s a bit of an iffy solution. If someone needs to report someone they would use the command but if staff aren’t on then when would it get seen? By time that happens no evidence would be taken and the case would likely be closed or handed to managers who can grab chat logs...
    Then if only people reported multiple times give us a notification then that means we would miss smaller reports.
    The reason why we try get people to report on forums or discord is because they can upload evidence we need to handle a case otherwise all reports would likely end up only resolvable by managers+

The best way would be for a plug-in and discord bot combo that would trigger a tag to all staff with the problem a person has when they type /report and a reason. Then a cool down would be applied before the next report. But that would not solve the issue of no evidence unless the command also happens to send staff a copy of chat logs, perhaps from the last 5-10 minutes in a txt document so we can see it. And this might mean the command would need to categorise issues. So we don’t get chat logs sent for a grief.

it’s a lot to consider

7. TheCrazyPorkChop

I agree it would be hard but if you really want this server to grow you need to start adding these things to make the server more comfortable , and different plugins like /kit or something cosmetic like /effect which could be like an unlockable arrow trail / throwable trail or something more simple like different colour starting boxes in skywars

8. NorthYYY

NorthYYY Active Member

ok but this is a skyblock server why would you need arrow trails, sounds to me like a waste of space and more lag problems, and there is kits

9. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    I like the idea and it’s one that has been suggested in the past but I’m not sure how it would work efficiently. If you have an idea of how it would work could you edit it into your original post?

10. TheCrazyPorkChop

not in skywars

11. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    I could try to put one solution together. So the report system wouldn’t work if it got sent to all staff members online only. It would work efficient if the staff members on the other hand could have a command to open all the reports sent in, for this to not overflow by reports, staff team could possibly have either a deletion command for solved/closed reports, or the reports could expire after a period of time.
    On the other hand this wouldn’t be as efficient as reporting someone on forums or directly to a moderator, because it would be harder to provide information and evidence. Same goes if there is an online staff member, it is more efficient just directly private messaging the moderator than submitting a report.
    For this type of idea I am neutral, because it would be a waste of time for lee when we have more efficient ways of reporting players. But if you have another way of the command to function please let me know :)

Kind regards,
    Oak :heart:

12. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral,

Some people can abuse the /report button just for fun to Staff Members, and you need evidence to see what the other person is doing wrong.

13. nebb

nebb Active Member

when ppl think you griefed but you actually did nothing LOL. kinda contradicting yourselves when 'So we don't get chat logs sent for a grief' when chat logs are all they have of me doing anything during that time period lmfao

14. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Neutral.

A lot of good reasons have already been stated. It’s a little difficult to implement in the technicalities of how it would work, and seems a little odd for a server of this size.

If a mod is online, then you’re free to message them and request their help. This is quicker than doing /report, and having to explain the situation all over again to a mod rather than contacting them directly.

If a mod isn’t online, the report a player part of forums in included in /links and easy to access. If the player wishing to submit a report doesn’t have a forums account, they can always go to the discord and contact a mod there or post in the respective server help channels.

It seems nice, but I personally don’t think it would help the server run more efficiently in reporting and handling infractions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.