Splat1221's Helper Applacation

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Splat1221, Oct 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parrot

Parrot Guest

2. abb

abb Active Member

IGN:
    justabb
    Half support and half no support I sometimes see you online but don’t see you online when I am

3. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Let me add on to my no support rating

When I see you online you are never helping
    And I don't see you often. I am in a timezone that's 3 hours behind but I see people in your timezone more often.

Also I agree to this, it is not the correct way to respond to criticizism. If they are incorrect just tell them.

4. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Ok thank you. I will try my best also, extreme mabie it’s timezones?

5. Mercy

Mercy Active Member

IGN:
    Myrcy
    No support. Let me start off by saying, I don't know you personally, so this isn't biased in the slightest way. You don't seem the most educated on how the server works, and you seem a bit immature. You don't help (as I've seen). You just seem a little immature/foolish.
    I never see you on forums or discord, which really help show if you're active enough to become a moderator. You also didn't really explain how you ARE the traits you listed in your app.
    I really don't agree with your introduction as well. Your ratings on other "no support" posts prove that you can't take criticism.
    I just think you need more work, and I really don't think skyblock needs more staff at this given time. Wait till Moonlight is done or something, and all the other inactive mods.
    I tried to make this as nice as possible, but I don't know if I did a good job. (also important to note that you kinda "rushed" to hit the requirements, as stated above.
    Thank you for applying though! It helps us know more about you for the future, and if I see you improve, I won't hesitate to change to support.
    Lots of love :heart:
    Mercy

6. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    I'm sticking to no support. You have a lot of things to improve on as you've recently been grave digging some old threads and got warned for that so I suggest reading and re-reading every once in a while the forums and in game rules.

7. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Once, and I didn't realize

8. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    No support. At first, I couldn't even tell if this was a serious application or just a joke due to the immense amount of spelling and grammatical errors.

You may be able to type fast, but that doesn't mean anything if you make typos because then this will happen:
    I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.

What?

I suggest you read Lycel's application guide here

Also, stop using the disagree rating on everyone. It shows you are immature and you only want to hear the good stuff about your application and yourself. Take the heat and learn from it or leave it.

9. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    No support, your application clearly didn't take much time to write, since it's riddled with spelling and punctuation errors. Let's take "Applacation" for example. If you're applying on the server, you should at least have application spelled right.

You're still new, and you don't know much about the server. You're friendly, which is a plus, however, I haven't seen you online as much recently. Get to know the rules a bit more, since you've been doing a lot of gravedigging, and be active, rather than just post farming.

Good luck. :)

10. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Ok, thanks laini

11. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Hi Splat! Your application is okay, however, I'll give you a few tips on how to improve on that and improve overall.

- Please fix the spelling and punctuation in the application. Reread it and correct all the mistakes you made and your application will look more sophisticated.

- I believe the "Why do you think you should become helper" section, I would personally like to see more information. So far you have listed what traits you have that are beneficial, however, adding why that makes you a good candidate and why you are unique compared to everyone else who is applying. It will make your application go that much further.

- Get rid of any repetitive comments in your application. Some of it can be seen as filler to make the application look larger than it really is, when really it is quality, not quantity that stands out the most.

- Ingame I suggest you stay consistent in helping people generally. I have recently seen you helping in chat sometimes, but I only noticed this once you had applied and I haven't seen the consistency.

- Try to improve your maturity. Like others have said, disagreeing with feedback does not look good on you, and will only make you look like you can't take the criticism. You can always have fun and joke around but work on finding the balance between being mature and joking around.

- Lastly, on the forums, I suggest you try to improve your involvement with the community. You have not long joined the forums and it seems as if you made your application as soon as you met the requirements without taking in mind if you're ready for the position yet.

Good luck, Splat!

12. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Thank you so much Bossyy for the suggestions I appreciate it a lot.

13. HuskyKiing

HuskyKiing Member

IGN:
    HuskyKiing
    Splat,

Some tips for you.

Starting off, I think its a bit too early for you to apply for mod, considering many helper applications are consisted of people that have played on the server for 2-3 years, and have 1,000+ messages. Have you maybe tried reading other peoples applications? If not, I would encourage you to read them. Learn and correct.

Check spelling, grammar, and punctuation. From your application, I can see that you aren't as mature as mod should be. (No offence.) It looks like you aren't very serious about your application.

For the "Why you think you should be a helper" part, it would be best to elaborate on your traits. It tells the mods what would you do under pressure or a situation, and your overall personality.

Tagging mods, disagreeing to no supports, shows that you can't take criticism lightly. Tagging mods isn't necessary because they will look at applications on a daily basis. Tagging mods will not help in anyway.

Lastly, I don't see you around much in-game (unless its the time-zone issue), and if there is a question in the chat, and you are on, I don't see you answer it. I am on forums at least once a day (unless I'm busy/important things need to be done), and I don't see you very active.

I'm going for no support for now, but if you listen and fix what other people and I told you to fix, I will happily change my support.

Best of luck, splat!

14. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Thank you so much for your response

15. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    Please go through all of that ^
    Overall, I'm going to say No Support.
    -You don't seem mature enough.
    -Fix your punctuation, grammar and spelling. It makes you look more sensible.
    -This is just something I don't like, but can you maybe not make it blue or at least bold the titles/questions?

You seem nice, but just not helper material.
    I'm sorry, good luck _Splat1221_.

16. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    Just to add on to what I said here:

You have recently been banned for griefing. This shows me that you can't follow the rules and it's essential for moderators to follow the rules to make a good example, plus it would be hypocritical for a moderator to punish someone for breaking the rules if the moderator are breaking them too. I think you need to take some time and revisit the rules page and carefully read them all.

17. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    On thanks for ur suggestions

18. Parrot

Parrot Guest

I will have to agree with Fatal here. Work on these things and I’ll reevaluate my status.

19. Alcala09PlaysMC

Alcala09PlaysMC Active Member

IGN:
    Alcala09
    No support, wait why?
    • You aren't that active in game and on other platforms Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 7.16.21 PM.png
    • You griefed and stole from my alt's island
    • When you are online, you don't help out other players

20. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
    dude you just got banned for griefing. No support.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.