Resolved SkyTitan

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by Q4TW, Feb 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    No they are obliged to provide their promised part of the transaction.

2. Q4TW

Q4TW Member

IGN:
    Q4TW
    Thank you so much dude You litterally have been voicing my concerns This is actually Stupid That it cant Be fixed When if you dont belive me check me? i only have 2 stacks of Grass Why would i lie about this? Idk man But its good to know People would Rather Just Wave you off then to just See if your a liar then help

3. Q4TW

Q4TW Member

IGN:
    Q4TW
    They Cant even Care to Check If they Kept There side of it :/

4. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Too often this server acts incorrectly in these matters. In the eyes of the law (consumer law) Skyblock is a business offering a service and needs to abide by the laws they set.
    They may well find themselves in deep water should they be reported to Federal Trade Commission.

5. Kerahna

Kerahna Administrator Administrator Forums Administrator

IGN:
    Kerahna
    From the server perspective, the /give commands were successfully run at the same time as the rest of the upgrade. This is fed back to Tebex and serves as the confirmation that the item has been supplied. The Minecraft game does not allow the items to enter the inventory if it is already full, but there is no way for the server to see or log when this happens. It is not because we don’t want to check, it is just not possible. Because players in the past have falsely claimed to not receive items, we can’t just give everyone an extra set of items when they claim they didn’t receive it.

23123B79-E26B-47B6-AA31-4360B346C2D4.jpeg

6. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    It would be possible if it was coded that way. This only highlights an shortfall of the coding. One that leave you not knowing whether or not the player has received the items. And as receipt goes hand in hand with supply (one cannot happen without the other) you don’t know if you have supplied them and it is the servers responsibility to ensure this. So your still in the situation where you do not know whether you supplied the items or not and that is no fault of the player.
    Even if it’s not possible to code given, the different platforms involved, you know you have a system that can fail in this circumstance and it is very wrong to simply assume that you successfully supplied the items.

Please understand, Drogo’s comments here are general comments and not specific to this case.
    They are not made to stir or cause trouble but they are certainly valid and Drogo feels they should be considered if you want to be sure that you are acting in accordance with what ever laws govern the business that is Skyblock.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  7. Kerahna

IGN:
    Kerahna
    If you’re going by “what could potentially have been done”, we could also say the player could have ensured there was inventory space before making the purchase. I don’t work for any other servers but I doubt all the other Tebex servers have some sort of backup system that checks whether an item sent via /give made it into the player’s inventory. I don’t make money off this server and I don’t go out of my way to make things difficult for people. I can only work with the information I am given.

8. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    I absolutely understand your position Kerahna. All I’m saying is that there is a known flaw in the system and the solution seems to be to ignore it and say tough luck to the player. Not your solution I understand but the servers. It matters not that you personally make no money, money has changed hands with no assurance that the transaction happens successfully. I guarantee there are consumer laws that state this is not acceptable. As the player has no control over it, it is up to the sever owner. If you want to rely on players to ensure space in their inventory, then you should state this at the very least during the purchase process in very big bold letters.

I will say again, I’m not looking to cause trouble and I know you’re not either. I’m looking to avoid trouble because I believe the server has a legal responsibility to ensure these transactions take place successfully and at the moment, it has no way of doing so.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
  9. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    Can we also keep in mind that the items in question are of particularly low value at the moment anyways due to the economy that should have been dealt with ages ago. So just give the guy his stuff lol

Back in the day all you had to do was ask and Merkzy would give everything back and more lol

10. Kerahna

IGN:
    Kerahna
    If I were a regular player I’d have no problem donating some of my own items. The problem with this case is that if the items were to come from an official source it would set a precedent where anyone in the future could just claim their inventory was full and demand an additional set of items with every purchase. We would have no way of distinguishing who is lying and who is being truthful.

It’s very likely true they weren’t so strict with this in the past, but unfortunately there were increasing cases of players lying about not receiving their items, or dying after receiving them, and trying to claim extra ones from server staff. They would very cleverly redirect the items to alts so they could not be tracked, and even server logs looked very convincing. Because of this, we are no longer able to automatically give everyone the benefit of the doubt with situations like this and have to rely on the players themselves to ensure they have inventory space and are located in a safe place if they are expecting a delivery of items.

This is a rare situation as most players do prepare for item deliveries by having space and being in a safe location. Without being able to change the way the server and Tebex communicate/record things, the most we can do is put a warning in the shop page suggesting to players that they are prepared before making a purchase. I can see if Crew can make an update to the checkout pages or to the item descriptions.

11. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

I do agree with your ending statement, I think a confirmation process where a pop up window appears and explains to you, you are about to make a purchase where items go directly into your inventory and further explains to make sure the purchaser is in a safe place and has room in their inventory before proceeding, at this point they can click I am ready blah blah and the purchase process continues as normal. This not only creates genuine confirmation that the player knows what is about to happen and how it happens but it also would create a fail safe for the server owner as not being liable if they don't receive the items after the purchaser confirms they are ready to continue with the purchase. But it's probably too good of an idea so it won't get implemented right?

12. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    This is all you would need to do. Perhaps not a pop up as many people have those blocked, but ghost the 'Pay Now' button until they click a check a box to confirm they have read the warning. This will ensure all buyers are aware of the requirement and pass all responsibility onto them.

13. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Yes this is basically what I meant. I didn't mean to say pop up but I wasn't sure how else to explain what I was trying to convey.

14. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Kerahna. Maybe while they are making this change they should remove ‘- Access to the "God" Mob Arena class.’ from all relevant ranks until that’s back up and running.

15. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    We do run it sometimes tho so still kinda relevant :)

16. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Yes, but the way it is advertised is misleading. It should mention something about how it’s not open all the time or “when applicable.” Something of that nature. Or they could just fix Mob Arena like they’ve been promising. :/

17. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    It’s being fixed. Keep content relative to the thread. Thank you.

18. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Seriously. I mean come on it was a response to someone else statement about something that needs to be changed in your eyes wouldn't that count as "not being relative to the thread?" But no, you only quote me. And single me out. Every. Single. Time. Seriously.

19. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    It was a general public comment, no singling out :)

20. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Thank you for your thread on a recent query! It seems like it has now been resolved.
    This thread has been locked moved to Help Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.