Skyblock Skyblock Update - July 28th, 2020

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Noobcrew, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    2x2 piston door, unless spammed and overcomplicated, no
    Stone gen, maybe if it's huge fast and well, you get the idea

2. _joosuke

_joosuke Member

i was joking, i know its just a small contraption lol

3. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner Administrator

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    Limit has been increased from 1500/10 secs to 1750/10 secs, this is basically 175 events per second rather than 150. This may help some users that were limited.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thank you Crew :heart:

5. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Thanks sheep overlord :)

6. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    For those that could use a tip about redstone and the limiter: I ran a few tests on my island, and it turns out that solid blocks powered by redstone dust and repeaters (and possibly anything that conducts through solid blocks) do not count toward the redstone firing limit, which is promising. It would be pleasant to have a detailed list of blocks and redstone actions/firings that do count toward the limit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Making this comment here as it relates but may add it to suggestions later.
    Drogo has found that after restart his redstone machines need rebooting as they have hit the limit.
    This usually only happens after restart and the lag that inherently comes with it. During this time, Drogo often sees his machines freeze and then a mad flashing of redstone which might be causing the limiter to kick in.
    Drogo is not wanting the redstone count increased, but if it worked on 3500 pulses per 20 seconds, rather than 1750 per 10 seconds, then redstone machines would be less effected by any catchup after lag spikes while still being limited to the same overall rate currently set.
    Does anyone else have to go resetting redstone after restarts?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Does it not make lag calculating amount of redstone triggers in every loaded chunk every 10 secs

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Is the limiter still set to 1750 per 10 seconds? I have a fast pulse running but there are only 12 redstone pulses in a single chunk and it is randomly being limited. This would mean that it is firing 1750/12/10 = 14.6 times per second.
    It's not. It is firing about 5 times per second however after periods of lag it does seem to run faster.

I just reduced this to only 10 pulses (7 redstone, one observer and two droppers) and it's still being limited!! That means that after periods of lag, it is running at 17.5 ticks per second!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  10. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    2020-09-27_11.27.55.png
    It seems that my slot machine just really doesn't fit on the server now with the redstone limiter in place. And Drogo might be right. Waiting for the 60 second timer doesn't help, as the machine is shared between multiple chunks; the redstone just goes out of sync and breaks itself. Redstone dust alone is known to be the biggest cause of lag in any redstone contraption, so perhaps it's more beneficial to limit redstone dust alone (and maybe a couple other things if practical), instead of limiting the much lag-friendlier redstone components.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo has now worked out how to turn the redstone back on automatically if it goes out.

• Like Like x 1