Skyblock Skyblock Update - January 4, 2020

Discussion in 'Change Log' started by Leeeroieee, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    • The in-game /topvotes and /votetop commands now display the same information as the /vote command
      • The in-game totals previously displayed by these commands were not complete or reliable
      • They only reflected votes of players who have logged on to the /skyblock server to collect their vote rewards and did not take into account players who primarily log on to /economy or /classic
      • Showing only totals for the current month required resetting the vote database monthly. This caused uncollected vote rewards to be lost if players did not log on to the /skyblock server before the end of the month
      • Not displaying in-game totals means we no longer need to reset the vote database monthly, ensuring that unclaimed vote rewards will not be lost
      • This change will help remove confusion over discrepancies in the way the votes are counted in-game (based on when vote rewards are collected) versus how the official results are calculated (based on the time the vote is actually received)

2. InfiniteShop

InfiniteShop Active Member

IGN:
    InfiniteShop
    Thanks Lee!

3. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Thanks leee

4. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Thanks papa lee

5. GamerRaven

GamerRaven Member

IGN:
    GamerRaven
    Thanks, Just found out.

6. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Do replies in this forum count towards post count? Must be by far the best way to post farm, just writing "Thanks Leee" below every change log update made

7. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

I'd be surprised if it didn't count towards post count. Although you might get told off for doing it on older log updates aka grave digging.

8. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Thanks Lee, now voting while away for 2 months has more meaning :D

And I don't think they do.

9. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Late response but Thanks Lee.
    One question though. Was it intended that /vote no longer shows our own vote count.
    This was handy as there have been times where I wasn’t sure if I’d voted every day or if I’d missed a day.
    Cheers.

10. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    He touches on why it was removed through here:
    With the way the database is currently setup, players' queued voting rewards would be lost any time the vote database was reset to restart everyone's monthly vote count. So players who voted a bunch without logging into the server wouldn't get their rewards if they joined after votes for the month had been reset. By not displaying the value, the database can let that number keep building up without need to reset it, so that the vote database never needs reset.