Declined [Signatures] Make images not count as characters

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions Archive' started by lowfps10, Jan 3, 2019.

?

do u like this suggestion

1. nope not necesary at all

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. yeau suPPort i have that issue as well

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. i like eating TastyKFC

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    If I am right, images count towards character count in signatures based on the number of characters in their URL, which means if you put an image in ur signature that has a lot of characters, there will barely be any room for words. This can be solved if images dont count towards character count. They're images, not characters, after all, and would be beneficial for users who want to add an image to their 90 character signature but can't because the image URL is too long.

• Support Support x 6
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 1
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Neutral it’s fine the way it is you can only have 2 lines if you write words on the same level of the photo you still have room below

3. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    I have only one line of text and an image all on the same line and it says 128 characters. its not ok

4. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    I usually get a picture and a whole mother like of words maybe your picture is too big

5. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    its not that big, some people's images in their signatures are a lot larger

6. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support, This has happened to me before.

7. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support. As a premium perk, you get to have 2 images as your signature but this "reaching over the characters limit" is very annoying and it only allows me to put 1 image instead of 2. Or we can just increase the number of characters allowed from 100 characters to 120-150ish characters

8. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Support, I have had this problem before and it is quite frustating

9. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Support.
    This was so frustrating for me a while back when I was sorting out my signature. As Bert said above, when you have Premium, you're able to upload 2 images, but due to the amount of characters allowed, it only let's you upload 1 image, which can be very annoying and not worth it.
    Making images not count as characters in signatures or increasing the allowed characters, either way would work.

10. catclaw4335

catclaw4335 Active Member

IGN:
    catclaw4335
    Neutral, Images aren't necessary and this seems like a minor annoyance, not really a problem, at the moment.

11. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    Neutral, will support if you buy me tasty kfc.

12. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    I ordered some tasty kenticky fried chicken here KFC Country Locator, it should be arriving soon

It's very annoying especially to those with premium, because of the character limit, they can only upload1 image, which makes the perk completely useless, which is a problem

13. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

It’s annoying but you can use a url shortner to place two images in your signature and it works just fine.
    so neutral

14. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    thx changed to support looking forward 2 k f c

15. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Yes I would agree with this if this is available to premium in forum. And also if we want to give more the the premium on forum this suggestion could be one of them.

16. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Neutral, if you're worried about the link being too long you could always use a link shortener to input the URL of the picture.

I just don't feel it's overly necessary, as it prevents signatures from becoming too big.

17. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

My only problem with this is that there is no actual way of not counting the image URL as characters. I don't particularly want to increase the amount of characters in a signature because this prevents people from having overly excessive signatures as well as spammy signatures. Does the "upload a file" function not work for you? You don't need a URL for that so if you saved it onto your computer and uploaded it through there it should be alright. Nonetheless, judging by most people's signatures in this thread it looks like people manage to cope through whatever way they are using. The character limit is in place for a reason unfortunately and it may just be your image's URL that is too long! If you try shortening it or uploading it to an image uploading site it may work for you! :thumbsup:

18. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    I don't feel that this is a suggestion I think should be added or supported. Stuff was mostly said from people who's opinion was neutral, but I do think that it wouldn't really work out well in some sense? I mean, it'd be possible to do if there was no character limit, but then signatures could get very messy if an admin removed the limit. If you have an issue with your link being too long, like said before, it's simple to find a link shortener online, to shorten the link.

19. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined. Your suggestion may have not been possible, needed, etc.

This thread has been moved to the Forums Suggestions - Archive. The thread starter may report this post with 90 days if they are dissatisfied with this action, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.