Self Love <3

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by kat_lin, Nov 20, 2020.

1. kat_lin

kat_lin Active Member

IGN:
    funcastle
    Personally for me the winter time is really hard because of the lack of sunlight, so i decided that every day for the rest of the year, i'm going to try and find one thing about myself that i like or am proud of. today, i am proud of my scars, both my mental and physical ones, they remind me of what i've been through and how far i've come. i used to look back and be disgusted by my scars, but i've learned to embrace them and appreciate them rather than hate myself for them.

Now why am i telling you this you may ask? well, im inviting you to join me and respond with one thing about yourself that you like or are proud of today. it could be about a physical object, a special event or a feeling/emotion. it can be anything you want, no judgment, and it can be as simple as "i really liked how my hair looked today," or as big as "today i faced one of my fears" and it's not a competition or something you should stress over, its merely to spread positivity, and if you can't find anything that's ok. it takes time to appreciate yourself and if you're not at that point yet that is completely fine, you can try again tomorrow and i know that you will get there eventually. i'm really proud of you and i hope you have an amazing week :heart:

love,
    kat :heart:

• Friendly x 7
    • Amazing x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Cookie x 1
  2. alex : (

alex : ( Well-Known Member

IGN:
    _iAlex
    i went 132 mph on the freeway today and it felt great. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I love the friends ive made on this server who have made me feel better during this difficult time. I've had a few down moments but all of them have made me feel better in some way. I may be kinda dumb but aren't we all? ;)

4. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    i almost had panic atteck bc it hailed and i was in my new car but then i was happy when there was no damage

5. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Self appreciative of my motivation sometimes- gets me through a lot. Having been facing issues since I was 11, you learn that sometimes you need to pull yourself through it and having that motivation gets you up and around on days you necessarily don’t feel like it.

6. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    I'm really appreciative of my skills in computer hardware and software, and I'm glad I can help out family/friends/classmates with their computer problems. An example of this is right now as we're talking, I'm downloading Wii U games on my computer to throw onto our console for our youngest sister, who's been diagnosed with autism, and for me getting through each day is starting to get harder. I do these things to cope with my life and as something that I'm really invested into.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Zeonexist

Zeonexist Active Member

IGN:
    Zeonexist
    i like winter time because of no sun and cold but this idea sounds like good idea!

8. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    About the lack of sunlight, last year I remember I was going down my stairs around 7-8 and it was dark, I fell downstairs because it was dark outside and in my house bc no lights were on. I ate some pizza and I was happy

9. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo is proud of the relationship he has with his family. Much love, respect and mate ship.
    Drogo is also a fairly decent hockey goalkeeper (field, not ice). Winning games at the defensive end of the field makes Drogo feel good.

10. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    ok right, I am proud that I have made it through, I have seen a lot, to say the least, i did bad things to make up for that (like taking that anger out on other people and myself) but recently I have been feeling a lot better about everything ever.

also, i have started to wear stuff that I actually like to wear and act like I actually want to act like because my old friends use to almost make me act in certain ways that I hated to act like. so ya that's mine :heart:

11. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    I'm really appreciative of me failing the quiz today because my handwriting was so bad my teacher couldn't read what I wrote B)

12. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I’m proud of myself for being a great friend and for trying to do the right thing no matter what people think. I’m a good person deep down and that’s all that matters.

13. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    I'm proud of myself for being at the point in life I had been looking forward to the last few years. It may not be as exciting as I imagined, but I have zero regrets.

14. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    ofc you did. this is one of the reasons why I stay away from your area lmfaoo

15. kat_lin

kat_lin Active Member

IGN:
    funcastle
    i would do this but i can't drive ;-;

archer ur a simp jk jk jk ur a good friend :heart:

ayee gj

a good mindset is amazing, im really proud of you and hope you have an amazing week :heart:

aww thats really sweet of you, and finding what gets you through the day and focusing on it is a big step, hope ur doing well :heart:

lol
    also pizza always makes things better :)

having good relationships with the people you surround yourself with is always a good thing, also field hockey is awesome, im more of an offensive/mid player but the best offence is a good defence

16. kat_lin

kat_lin Active Member

IGN:
    funcastle
    im really proud of you for learning and moving forward, its not about what you did in the past but how you learned from it and changed who you are today, also removing yourself from toxic and controlling people is always a good thing, it can be hard to leave people behind but doing what's good for you individually is always the way to go. glad you're figuring out who you really are and hope things keep going as well as they sound :heart:

ayeee! congrats!

yes! if other people can't see how much of amazing person you are then they don't deserve to be your friend, and you sound like a great one :heart:

im proud of you too. i hope you can keep moving forward because the path you're on rn is amazing :heart:

lol

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  17. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    we have a mutual hatred for the lack of sunlight yay.

I am proud of not waiting until 4pm to get up and get dressed today.

18. gabb y

gabb y sock

I'm proud of myself for wearing socks

• Amazing Amazing x 1
  19. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    one thing I've learned to love about myself is my stretch marks. I have them all over my body, my stomach, my hips, my arms, my back, and even a few smaller ones on my legs. I used to hate them because they were gained from when I had started depressive eating a lot more compared to what I used to, and seeing myself gain the weight just made me eat more and it was a nonstop cycle. now I've learned that they're what makes my body unique and I shouldn't be ashamed of how I look and I should do what I want. If someone doesn't like the way I look, they can look away, or if it's bothering them that bad, they can leave. I don't wanna feel insecure or 'hide' myself anymore, so I learned to love one of my biggest insecurities and it's felt great.