Schools Being Shut Down Because Of CoronaVirus

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WhatsUpDoc, Mar 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    Hey guys! I was wondering if your schools have been shut down too. Mine is shut down for 2 weeks. Post how long yours is closed/if it isn't. Well don't get sick and stay clean! :)

2. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    mine - 2 weeks

• Like Like x 1
  3. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    I’m on spring break then then decided to add another week off

• Like Like x 1
  4. Geo

Geo athyrix Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Our school is one of the biggest in the country- they are trying to push closing the school as far as possible. I mean it's good for me in a way cause I'm in my last year and got major exams coming up, so cannot really complain. But maybe closure would be good as there are THAT many people attending. Already had many students gone for tests.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. GamerRaven

GamerRaven Member

IGN:
    GamerRaven
    2 weeks for mine

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheSugarCane

TheSugarCane Senior Member

IGN:
    TheSugarCane
    There's a chance my college is going to be shut in a couple of weeks, depending on how things go. I live in a relatively deserted town so there isn't too much panic here.

• Like Like x 1
  7. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Don’t think any schools have closed in the UK yet under instruction of Boris Johnson. I suppose it would really affect our exams in May (supposed peak) but I would rather exams be pushed back then be affected by this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

Mine has been shut down indefinitely, with online classes hereafter

• Like Like x 1
  9. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Lol I studied for my math exam and then a few hours later I hear that my school was shut down for 2 weeks therefore all of my exams are cancelled. Idk if i should be happy or sad but i think im happy

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Currently, i'm on spring break which lasts for a week. Afterwards my college will be moving all classes online. The campus itself would be open, just no classes are going to happen. This will go up until May 1st. It sucks because I highly prefer in-person classes than online classes since I can learn better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Mine in the UK hasn’t been shut down yet. The government were considering lengthening our Easter holidays and shortening our summer holiday instead which I’m not too happy about. They seem to be staying away from the idea of closing schools- even if it gets really bad.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Parrot

Parrot Guest

^^^

13. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    Not currently in school, but K-12 have been closed for the next three weeks, with most colleges and universities around me being closed for the rest of the semester and switching to online classes.

My workplace is still working as normal, though, which is a bummer. We're one of the few companies in my area still going to work as normal, still hosting meetings as normal, and doing basically everything as normal (minus putting up signs around the building telling people to wash their hands).

Bars and restaurants in my area of also been changed to carry-out only, so my area has become a ghost town. On the bright side, haven't had to deal with traffic to or from work the last week.

14. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    Our deputy principal at my school said they might announce school closures so extra holidays but for now everything is cancelled besides school in aus :)))

15. Divine_Eidolon

Divine_Eidolon Member

Yes, the current advice from the DFE is to keep the schools open, but follow the good practice and hygiene that has been set out previously, taking especially good care of the more vulnerable in your school. And, as children are most likely to be unaffected by this virus (as far as I know from the latest research), any closure would be more to protect the people they have at home and the staff. The other point that Mr Johnson probably won't advertise is that the strategy they are currently employing of trying to flatten the curve works with the virus being transmitted and schools are a good way to continue the spread; he will likely wait until they need to slow the spread before closing schools, though to publicly say this would probably be political suicide for him xd

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  16. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Hey Doc, mind if I ask where you’re from? My classes got cancelled yesterday too!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Parrot

Parrot Guest

My school district just sent me a text, and it'll stay closed through April 10th.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    Maine, in the USA :)

19. needtorename

needtorename Content Creator Premium

IGN:
    needtorename
    My school is closed by the end of april

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    17 teachers off sick and 400 children (1/3 of the school's population) didn't turn up today and they still want to keep it open ;'(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.