Economy repair sign

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Mai, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

hey everyone :popcorn:
    my suggestion is to put a sign in /warp shop, or /spawn, to allow players to repair their items for a price.

firstly, i know that players can just ask donators that have the repair perk to do this however there's not always one available, and donators have a cooldown.

secondly, i know some may think that it takes away from donators having the /repair perk, but if it costs a price then i see no issue because donators with a cooldown can use this sign as well if they need to repair multiple things.

this sign requires players to go to it too, meaning they wont be able to use autocommands while afk to repair the item(s).

thank you.

• Support Support x 12
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
  2. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

support, i like this idea especially since there's a cooldown with donors' /repair anyways

any idea for how much it could cost though?

3. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    support, if this costs a bit and has a tiny cooldown, this would make it fair for donors and this is also nice for new players as they don’t have to go around and ask for a repair.

4. Mai

Thank youu, I was thinking maybe anywhere between $250-$1000? Shouldn't be too cheap but it shouldn't be too expensive either.

Thank you!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

bump + resupporting this idea :p i really like it

would also really like to see what others think abt this suggestion too ^-^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Mai

thank u!! :heart:

7. bubloe

bubloe Experienced Member

IGN:
    bubloe
    support!
    like you said, this could be useful for everyone, including ppl with ranks bc of the /repair cooldown! very creative idea:cat:

8. Mini

Mini gronola bar Premium

IGN:
    minified
    Neutral
    I think it's a neat idea, but I feel like it should be semi-expensive as this is a donor perk. I definitely see this being controversial as this is one of the current perks. I agree with bubloe and how she said this could be useful for those who do have access since it is an (i believe) 25 min cooldown. To be honest, I don't see why this is super necessary especially when mending books exist. I know this is an eco suggestion but I feel like it would prob be implemented on both servers if it will be implemented, and specifically on sb this wouldn't be necessary because of the donor perk /enchant, even on economy though, I see mending books on the daily on ah. For the reasons I've stated I'm going with neutral. Best of luck though, love you mai!

9. GLaDDeX1234

GLaDDeX1234 Active Member

IGN:
    GLaDDeX1234
    I like this, maybe the /fix sign should have, 1/3rd of a Donator's cooldown? I feel like that's pretty fair for everyone. But i'm kinda scared for the newer-ish players who dont have a lot of money to blow like this, it seems more like a thing for players with tons of cash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. vvyovx

vvyovx Member

IGN:
    vvyovx
    Support,
    It would be great to have a place where we can repair sets of armor and tools. Waiting two hours for each set is a little overboard and this would be a great solution without removing the delay providing an option for what we paid for when we got our ranks. I don't expect this to change any current mechanics, and to be available exclusively to donors who have the /fix ability. I don't think adding a universal donor perk is positive, but this would be a great option for those of us who need to repair multiple items and can't afford to wait online all day.
    -vv

11. Mai

thanks for the support!
    What donors have as a perk is the command which can be used anywhere. I think it would help both donors and normal players because donors have a cooldown, and players wouldn't have to keep asking donors for repairs.
    This is an interesting idea. Thanks for support

12. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Support! There has been a repair sign in every edition of economy except the current version, so 1) it can be done and 2) has been thought to benefit players in the past, so it still could today! :D

13. Mai

thank you for the support!!

14. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    I like the idea, players just pay donors anyway, so why not just let em pay a sign? I would think $1000 is fair personally :)

15. Mai

agreed! 1000 seems like a good price :))

16. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Support, this would be really useful for those people who just don’t have the means to buy a rank! As said above by Prometheus, I believe $1000 is a reasonable price for it :happy:

17. Mai

thank you pancakey :heart: