Declined Remove Invisible Discord Name Rule[Off-Topic]

Discussion in 'Other/Uncategorized Suggestions Archive' started by archerexpert777, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    So recently there was a rule updated saying anyone with no name and is invisible will get banned. I think it's sort of unfair because there are people who have no names and have an invisible pfp. So far the only people who have no names and invisible pfps are arma and sean. If they want to have invisible names, that's fine it's their choice. You can also identify who they are, like a lot of people know how arma and sean type and it's not hard really.

Some people prefer to have invisible names and pfps and that's their choice :p

At the least, we should make a category that shows which person has a no name and an invisible pfp so that we know which one is who.

• Support Support x 3
    • No Support No Support x 2
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Neutral I think they should be warned kicked then banned other then that it was put in place for a reason

3. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

I personally agree with this. Having no pic / no name shouldn't be an issue imo. If someone's actual Discord name and pics are invisible then it is what it is. Everyone has their own # which is what they can be identified by. If it was setting your Skyblock server nick into something invisible, then I'd see how it can be an issue. However forcing users to put a nickname doesn't seem right at all to me.

4. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    No support, there was a reason this was added. It's very difficult to distinguish between players, along with multiple other reasons these names are now illegal. It's not a huge deal to not be able to have an invisible name: everyone else has normal, visible nicknames so it's not an issue.

5. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    That's true and some people want it that way, it's their choice. It's not like it's inappropriate or anything. People have visible names because they want and chose it. People who want invisible names and invisible pfps can also have it as their choice. If Distinguishing is the issue then we can always read the post and tell who it is. Currently, the only two people who have invisible names are sean and arma. If you're on often you'll see how arma and sean talk. It's easy to recognize really. :)

I just feel like banning people with invisible names and pfps is not a valid reason. At the least, you can categorize them by their discord tags. :p

(p.s. lemme go update my thread for the last line)

6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

No support. There is only two - theee people with invis names.
    Mineverse discord has had this rule since the beginning.
    People with invis names can ask for a nickname instead.

Not to be rude but this is a rule that affects a few people and instead of complaining about it, suck it up and deal with it. It’s not affecting the majority of discord users and is a perfectly valid rule which is in plenty of discords, including major discords like hypesquad. Discord patches invis names also because they don’t want them.

You only get a ban if you refuse to remove it or remove the nickname you are set if you don’t want to change your name. You don’t get banned for having a blank name.

7. Wadee

Wadee Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Wa_e
    You also get a ban for moving your mouse wrong. A ban for a nickname isn’t appropriate. There should definitely be different punishments for rules, not a blanket punishment of a ban for every time a moderator sees something that they do not like. And I know you’re probably going to say I should suggest it, but if I truly thought that my suggestion would even have a chance at being accepted, I would suggest it.

8. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

This section is intended for suggestions involving server gameplay mechanics. We are unable to consider any other kinds of suggestions in this section at this time.

This thread has been moved to the Suggestions Archive. If you are dissatisfied with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.