Global Remove /daily GUI

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by JlX, Nov 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. JlX

JlX Member

Make it giving player reward directly and display cooldown in chat message

• No Support No Support x 4
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Removing the GUI would make it easier to automate the process and I don't think that's something we want.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. JlX

JlX Member

But kits don't have GUI?

4. Sky

Sky Active Member Premium

IGN:
    SkyGuyGamerz
    But those are something people pay for. And some also have longer cooldowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Doesn't make my point less valid. It's also way more complex to automate kit claiming because after claiming it twice your inventory is most likely full.

6. JlX

JlX Member

Sapling kit is free tho (45 minutes CD)

7. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Well the 2 saplings that you get from this kit are pretty much worthless. I also don't think that it's that time consuming to use /daily, probably takes 1 second without and 2 seconds with the GUI.

8. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    While this is true there is little use to actually automating it.

On economy you can make double the /daily amount in about 1 minute from a profit shop and on skyblock you can farm some wood and in about less than 15 minutes make more than 1 grass. Considering it's /daily is once every 24 hours even if automated on max accounts per IP (especially on economy) there is little to none gain whatsoever

9. Dexuby

Dexuby Active Member

IGN:
    Dexuby
    Yeah I don't think anyone would automate it on economy, on survival I wouldn't be so sure. Since it only saves about a second of time I think it would be a downgrade and limit future reward adjustment options.

10. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    I also don't really care about saving the 1 second of time but it would be nice to only be a command. For survival automation, while this may happen the majority of the playerbase wouldn't even know how to automate it whatsoever and the ones that do get little value from it. Even if personally I had the accounts I could code to automate it daily I still wouldn't do it because it's not worth it at least for me. Considering most of the players that would be able to pull this off are the longer term players who are either donators or rich, it also wouldn't be worth it for them to take the time and earn some extra grass a day when some of them are pulling in multiple chest of grass weekly

But again, isn't a major issue just figured I'd point that out

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  11. JlX

JlX Member

You got the point but I'd still say it

Saplings are worthless yeah but they're in fact still useful for new players or as extra fuel if automated by afking riches

For server, plain text means server process less packets than before which is an improvement for performance if I understood correctly

The automation is not really an issue as it's literally just a specialized kit and people been automating kits, just secretly unpunished

A single grass block is not really motivative for riches to log in from what I've experienced

My final thought is either remove its GUI to save people's time or replace its reward with a common key for old players (a year) since it requires more effort to log onto the server comparing to voting.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  12. JlX

JlX Member

Just tested, it has the placement priority of inventory, ender chest, floor

So actually just fill up #1 #2 then set up a hopper room then claim kits carefully to not be affected by clag, not really that complex

You really shouldn't worry about automation as long as there are proper cooldown to reduce network stress

IIRC hacking is also partially allowed on the server and one extra grass block per day is totally not advantageous from the view of current gameplay.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  13. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Going to be blunt.

You are getting a free reward. So if there is a small caveat that you go through a gui then so be it. Be patient, use it and then walk away with a free item or money.

If it is so easy to make grass and money then in reality why worry about the daily then? It isn't like using the gui takes an unreasonable amount of time and unless someone is going for a skyblock speed run it isn't going to matter.

Automation is a bigger issue that people realise. It isn't just a fear of people abusing the system. It impacts the quality of the server too.

Unless the gui is broken in some way there is no need to do anything to it.
    Dex has already given the stance of the staff around what we are trying to avoid. Everyone can make infinite money, so we don't need to make things easier at this point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Cookie Cookie x 2
  14. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    There is no use for 1 account automating its usage, but there is a huge advantage for those who use a large amount (large meaning about 20-100 at once) of alt accounts and using proxies. Of course this is against the rules, but when has that ever stopped anyone.

If set up correctly this is easier than you'd expect.

There are ways for people to log on a large amount of accounts at once, while controlling all of them. Removing the GUI would just allow them all to use the daily at once, not only flushing the economy, but also creating a large amount of lag for the server.

There's just no advantages to this. If you're going to use the daily just use it and don't complain. It's literally free grass.

15. JlX

JlX Member

They could just claim sapling kit to get the same result in fact

You also do realize that all you stated are already doable by just manipulating some packets right? just the matter of difficulty

IP blocking and mojang's migration should do their job to block ALTs not adding GUI pop up on features

Removing the GUI allows people to use the daily at once and cause lags but keeping the GUI forces them to use the daily once plus sending extra packets which cause more lags

As I said above, less lag and saving time for everyone

And no one is complaining, we just here to discuss suggestions while I explain my suggestion furtherly

discussing suggestions ≠ complaining

16. JlX

JlX Member

Basically "if it isn't broken don't fix it"

I'll move on and try to make better suggestions.

17. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Yes because the average minecraft player knows how to manipulate packets and everything and that's definitely the method I was suggesting. It's almost as if Minecraft clients can do everything except log on 200 accounts at once, which is why those MassAccount programs exist.

Removing the GUI just makes it twice as easy and twice as susceptible to abuse. It's just not worth the hassle

And since when has Mojang and Microsoft ever done their job? It's almost like the third-party programs are 17 steps ahead of Mojang

Remove 2 packets for 200 bonus packets. SICK! FUN! The TPS will LOVE this one!

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    I don't think there's any legitimate reason why the GUI should be removed. To be honest I like clicking the storage minecart and hearing the "DING!" noise, haha!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1