Declined Reason and Mod Name on Bans

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by xphstos37, Jun 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xphstos37

xphstos37 Experienced Member

It is my understanding that no mod can ban any player without proof of wrongdoing.

This suggestion is that all bans have the reason referred to and the banning mod’s name attached to ban messages in every circumstance.

The ban appeal form requires both the reason and the name of the mod, and it would make the whole horrid process quicker and reduce the unfounded gossip and speculation.

• Support Support x 6
    • No Support No Support x 3
  2. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Majority of bans do have a reason and the moderators name?

3. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    ^^^^^^??????????????? maybe some mods don’t/forget to do that but not with my experiences

4. xphstos37

Agreed, but they all should. In the past three months there have been three unspecified bans that I know of, and not even Noobcrew knew who or why for the latest one. The blank one that is currently being appealed has had over 80 views and no answer. Perhaps there could be a page where all bans and evidence show up, accessible only to mods, so that they can inform the player who to direct their appeal to or even take it over themselves? Idk what is easiest for all of you, but I mean filling in the banhammer info seems the fastest and fairest way to solve this problem.

5. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    Personally, sometimes I do not give a reason, for instances like spam bots, or mass ban evasion. Or it there's frankly too much to write down.
    But yeah, generally speaking, in game we tend to put message and the system puts our name on it automatically.

6. xphstos37

When does it not automatically fill in the name? How can a ban message be completely blank?

7. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    If we do not put a reason, the system fills it with a generic reason, the ban hammer has spoken
    Any staff who makes the ban, it'll put it to their name, we have no control over that

Edit: we also have to always take evidence of the wrong doing. Without evidence our bans won't hold

8. xphstos37

That’s why these blank ban messages with no mod named are so frustrating. I’m a daily player of the past year, if I got a blank message it would feel disrespectful, in a way. To permaban me, you have proof, so at least tell me why. The ban message could read Rule #7 or #12 for example, and I’d at least have an idea. It should have a name, too, so I know which mod to wait for. I think it would take care of my being called a thief or griefer or cheater or all of the above while waiting to appeal.

9. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    only time ive come across a blank ban msg was when it came from higher up and that was a few years ago and the player knew exactly why it happend.
    if mods ban it comes either with their reason or the general ban msg if they dont give one up while banning. and it will also come with the mods ign

10. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    I get what you're saying 100%
    However, there are exceptions. For example, preditors. I or any other reasonable person would not want their name on a ban if handing a foul person like that. It'd putting yourself at unnecessary risk.

Every case is individual and it's up to the staff to decide. We will not set a mandatory message or name attached as some situations are frankly dangerous. However, please know that our main protocol is to give a message, just some circumstances may lead to there not being a message.

11. xphstos37

I get it. I get it too for just leaving the banhammer message if you want to ban them fast for like making racist comments in chat. But imagine that you got banned for say, using a nuker. But nobody knows that, not even you, and you get called a predator for a month till you can appeal and possibly come back. Imagine the hard feelings.
    A nuker doesn’t deserve the same treatment as a predator.

12. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    You wouldn't get it for nuker as far as I'm concerned

13. xphstos37

I see. Then the higher ups should fill in the info, too. Kerahna has been offline since before two blank bans were issued, and neither of the players know what they did wrong. That’s not fair and has bred a toxic speculative environment and I need to take over the minecraft world in peace!

14. lilCupcakeFreak

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    you might if it happends multiple times tho

15. lilCupcakeFreak

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    but bans are between the player and staff. i dont understand why people always feel the need to get involved

16. xphstos37

Friends ask friends why. Appeals get archived so thankfully the truth comes out in the end. But in the meantime, everyone speculates whether in public chat, messages, discord, etc., it’s a big deal when a daily player gets permabanned. I just think at least the player has the right to know why.

17. lilCupcakeFreak

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    They do, but if for whatever reason there isnt any message they can always contact staff.
    But you also never know the interactions between the player and the staff. Conversations might have happend that werent mentioned. Warnings being given that were disregarded or not mentioned to others.
    So the player might very well know why something happend the way it did, or have an idea.

Even if reasons are always given people will still speculate, make up stuff or twist words no matter what, so I really don't think its such a big deal it sometimes might be forgotten on accident.

18. Frez

IGN:
    frezology
    Very true, but if they've been punished for it multiple times then they should know its not allowed :)

19. xphstos37

Ok, imagine reaching out to staff, and they don’t know why or who, either. I mean Noobcrew didn’t even know. Then you start to wonder, along with everyone else, why. Could be that guy I got mad at. Could be my client acted up. There are times when a player has no idea, and mods are busy with real life, and appeals are not attended to in a timely fashion.
    I suppose my whole issue is that people talk, so give them a reason before they start coming up with their own.

20. lilCupcakeFreak

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    Ok but like this is such a rare thing. I've never heard if it and I've been playing for years while some of it as helper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.