NA Pyknic's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by ~Pyknic, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Pyknic

~Pyknic Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Introduction:

If you don’t know me my name is Ben (my in-game name is Pyknic_2). First, I would like to start by welcoming any new members to the forums/skyblock server as for it should be noted how great and welcoming this community is! This is my second time applying for the moderator status (The first time I was accepted and was a moderator for two months before resigning because of school). Yet again, I ran into the same problem I had last time when writing a moderator application. I honestly hate to brag about achievements or, for a lack of better terms, “toot my own horn” which is why these moderator applications can be difficult for me to write. Anyway, I am a mature 16 years old and I have an A- average in school currently. I have been playing on this server for around two years and have had my forum account for almost a year. I know my way around the server and have loads of experience in the field of Minecraft.

As always, I sincerely appreciate you taking your time to read my application and leaving me feedback, whereas it means a lot to me! On to the juicy parts of the application! :p

Your in-game name:

Pyknic_2

What timezone are you in?

Eastern Standard Time

What country do you live in?

United States of America

What languages do you speak?

I speak fluent English while I also have a Spanish III background

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No

Yes, on my computer and my IOS device

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)

Yes, as for prior moderator experience has taught me what is needed. I also can edit pictures and videos if needed and know how to explain them to others quite easily.

Why do you think you should become a mod?

Based on my prior knowledge of moderators and my own personal experience moderators have a few of the following qualities, all of which I believe I have:

Leadership Leadership is something that has been a real life goal and an in-game goal for me as long as I can remember. Good moderators are always someone you can turn too. Correspondingly, I mentioned in my old application I like to ask myself a few questions about leadership, and I still do. Where have I been a leader? How can I be a leader in Minecraft? What does it mean to be a leader? These are questions I ask myself daily in order to get good grips on what I need to work on for the next day. Likewise leadership is something that can fade away in important times. For me it never does. I seem to become a stronger person when a leadership role is needed.

Gentleness – It might seem like a weird or odd characteristic for a moderator to have until you think of the reasons why it could be extremely important. Gentleness I believe is my best quality. Some people get very aggravated when something or someone doesn’t listen to them. On the contrary I want to help, and I like to help, so when someone disagrees or doesn’t listen I guide them helping them get to where they need to be. If a moderator was always angry at a non-donor or always someone who doesn’t help because of a bias thought nothing would ever get done. This is why gentleness is an incredibly strong and important quality for me to have, and in my mind, one of my best.

Experience – As much as I hate to brag about myself, it is something that needs to be done for the reader to be informed. I have years of experience under my belt when it comes to moderation and owning a server. I have owned a server for two years and learned essential qualities for a leader and moderator in Minecraft. This is something I am very proud of as for it gives me a very strong foot when talking about in-game or server problems. Moderators can’t be moderators if they are leaning alongside an average player. I have done my learning and gained new knowledge I am ready to share to the community.

Decision Making Skills – Being able to make quick witted and smart decisions is a respectable feature for any moderator. I have experience around this community and know how to make decisions based on the crowd. Not only this but my past moderator experience has helped me carry out these decisions and act on them when needed. This can be hard to do on the spot but my experience has lead me to a point where any decision can be tackled whenever needed.

Trustworthy – Moderators need to have strong connections with their community as for they are incredibly influential to the people around them. This is why I have taking it upon myself to understand what is needed to have strong, trustworthy relationships with the players around me. Many new and experienced players approach me for help, which constitutes the true nature of trustworthiness. If they were afraid to talk to me or believed I didn’t know what I was talking about they wouldn’t approach me in a trustworthy manner.

Conclusion – It is amazing being able to help players and spread the knowledge I have learned over my years of playing minecraft. All of these qualities I believe I have and possibly even more I have yet to discover. I don’t want to advertise myself as this “all-knowing” person, because I am not. I have knowledge to gain and new features to learn, I just feel like these qualities paired with my prior server knowledge is something that can be very beneficial when moderating.

TL;DR – The core qualities of a moderator I believe I have include, Leadership, Gentleness, Experience, Decision Making Skills, and finally, Trustworthiness. These characteristics are vital for any moderator something I learned during my two month period as a moderator on this server.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?

˚ Monday: 2-5+
    ˚ Tuesday: 2-5+
    ˚ Wednesday: 3-6+
    ˚ Thursday: 3-6+
    ˚ Friday: 3-6+
    ˚ Saturday: 2-9+
    ˚ Sunday: 2-9+

Time online will also increase substantially when I am on break from school.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?

I have around four years of experience playing skyblock, with two of the four years spent on this server.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)

I haven’t been banned on any server and I don’t plan on being banned, I know what happens and it’s a pain.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?

Yes, I have around two months of moderator experience on this server and two years of experience as a server owner.

Do you meet the requirements for staff? Yes/No

Yes, like I mentioned above I feel I have the necessary qualities and experience needed for a staff position.

Note:
    It is necessary I mention these things for some are actions only noticed if said allowed. On the topic of “mini-mod” in-game help I have spent the last week increasing the amount I am helping, weather that’s in chat or through private message. I have also spent time checking the forums regularly, leaving responses on threads, producing my own threads, and helping out on the forums in general.

I truly appreciate you taking your time to read my application and leave a response. There is only one thing I ask of you, if you do not support me please tell me why when you respond. I will take into account what you have said and try to improve it, because I probably haven’t noticed the problem myself.

Supporters -

Neutral -

No Support -

Thank you for reading my moderator application! :p
    Pyknic

• Support Support x 9
    • No Support No Support x 1
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. Fun

Fun Tyler Jøseph Premium

First!

Support, I honestly love you so much, and you were great when you were a mod. You were prefect mod quality and still are. I hope you get promoted, you'd be a great addition to the team. Just continue to be active on the forums and in-game and you're set! I hope to see you join the team soon!

Best of luck! :heart:

3. Sam

Sam Senior Member

Support
    I will always support those from my promotion group and you were always helpful in game

4. _Geeky

_Geeky Member

Support!

I remember you being an awesome mod,

#SantaBros

5. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Support

6. Squig

Squig Experienced Member

Support, 5th

7. ~Pyknic

Thanks all of you for responding! Also, thanks for the positive remarks! I'll keep it up
    #SantaBros

8. Crimsonwrath

Crimsonwrath Well-Known Member

Support. See you online alot, you seem very mature and friendly.

Good luck!

9. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

support 10000000000000000%

10. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    i see you on alot and you arent annoying, actually seem pretty cool. support.

11. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    I want to review you in-game, next time I see you. Then i'll state my support status.

12. Mingo

Mingo Member

Support! Thanks for helping me with my greenie problems when you were mod xD you definitely deserve to be mod again

13. ~Pyknic

Thanks guys for the support and the responses! :>

Thanks for the response Bennzi! It might be hard for you to see me because of timezones but I'll be on as long as I can. Thanks!

14. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

Support

You did a great job and I'd love to see you on the team once again.

15. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Did you delete your other application?

Anyways, I'm going to say support.
    -Great application
    -Very active
    -I don't see you help out much but you have been accepted before so I believe you can be accepted again.

Good luck!

16. Dill Pickle

Dill Pickle Active Member

I don't know man...

- you just came back like a week ago.

- I don't see you help out on the forums.

- it's clear you deleted your last application because of the no supports. You made a list of the supports, neutrals and no supports. You were very bias about it, putting in all the supports in the list but intentionally ignoring the no supports.

I'll think about it. You still haven't proven yourself at being a mod to me yet, but I wish you good luck.

17. Ecstaxi

Ecstaxi Active Member

SO TRUE!!!!

18. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Support. I looked up to you when you was a mod here.

19. ~Pyknic

Ok, I can see where a bit on confusion slipped in. It did seem I deleted my other application because of the no supports. I did not . I deleted it only so I could rewrite one without copied information.
    Why didn't you just paste over it?
    I wanted to make sure it looked professional without having any aspects from my old application.

I honestly did not delete my other application out of no supports (not saying this to persuade you or to invite debate).

Furthermore, help. I have helped many people and even when I was "away' I had numerous people come to me for help on the forums. Like I said in my application I cannot prove this you can only believe me.
    Also, "just coming back from a week ago" isn't something that effects quality, experience, leadership or help. I have helped hundreds of people on this server and most while I was a moderator. I have loads of experiance on this server and have all of my past knowledge.

Either way I appreciate the response and will take into account what you guys have said and I'll attempt to help out more around the forums! :) Hopefully this will help!

20. Dill Pickle

Dill Pickle Active Member

It does matter. You can't join the server back and apply. You need to show you are consistant. Who's to say you won't go inactive again? A week isn't enough to show you are good enough to be a mod. Actually, it proves that you want to rush things, which isn't a good trait to be a mod.

Prove yourself by stating active at least a month, and by helping people for at least that long, not a week then saying "I was helpful before I was away!" Who's to say you are still helpful as you used to be.

Doesn't matter whether you helped in the past, or that you even used to be a mod. The facts is that you joined the server back since July around a week ago. You could be a completely different person. As said before, prove that you are still the same helpful and friendly person that you used to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.