Pin status messages or any messages on a user's profile

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by Gamzee24, Mar 9, 2022.

?

Support?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    It does what it says on the tin. I think users should be able to pin a (status) message to the top of their profile, kind of like Twitter. Whether it would be someone's status of their own, or another player writing a message on their wall. For example: If I want to send out an important message on my profile wall, like "On hiatus for 2 months" I should be able to pin that message to my profile to possibly prevent it from being flooded by people's messages on my profile, and it can stay on the top. Or if someone wants to write a funny joke on my profile wall and I want to remember it for a specific period of time, I should be able to pin the message on my wall so it stays to the top and doesn't get lost in the sea of comments. I feel like this can be helpful for staff members or a famous person who commonly gets their profile wall written on by other users. If you think that this should be a thing, click support. Thanks! :):heart:

Edit: Yes I am aware that if you click someone’s profile, it’ll show their status there, but i’m saying if you were to visit their profile, you should see their message up top.

• Support Support x 5
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  2. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    bumpkwjdegoierguebguberw

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  3. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

It depends if this is possible with our forums version because I would say it wouldn't be. But support because I do like the idea.

The only other thing is on our profiles we do have a similar feature which shows everyone who clicks your profile the last status update you made. Generally if you are on hiatus that message won't change and you probably won't write on your own profile so its probably the best alternative.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    yea i know that feature and it's nice, but I feel like just having it on top of our profile might be a nice feature too

5. Manubidoo

Manubidoo Well-Known Member

IGN:
    1byte
    I've found an addon that implements this but I can imagine it's for XenForo 2 and I believe Skyblock currently uses the original XenForo. Also, I've seen questionable reviews of the website in question. Nonetheless, I'll post it. I have however seen mention of legacy addons but have been unable to find any, bar an old thread with a deleted resource.
    Addon StickyProfilePost | Induste

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    If there's any way for this feature to be added, that's great. If not, worth a try. Kerahna Any way for this to be possible? Get to this when you can please :heart:

7. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

We don't have a forums admin who is able to update the forums or add ons at this time. Suggestions are welcome but we can't implement them ASAP.
    But it is good that we have them to go through when we do have someone. Thank you for understanding :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  8. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    it’s giving twitter!

support, i’d love to be able to pin msgs on my profile page

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Devil

Devil stinky Discord Moderator

IGN: