Forums Otter's two Fish (Cents)

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by otter360, Apr 24, 2023.

1. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    Hi all,
    Thanks for dropping by; I wish to discuss the Staff Application process.

In all honestly, I'm disappointed by it. Many people have applied and have effectively been shunned, left in limbo and outright ignored by the staff team.

I accept that not everyone is a fit for staff, but some of those who have been ignored would have in my opinion have been solid picks for the ever-changing staff team. There are also some that yes, they had some things to work on but given the right feedback, attention and time would have blossomed into great leaders for the Skyblock server.

Maybe there are things I don't know, maybe a certain would-be-staff had a non-disclosable punishment or a bad history with certain player. However, not all applicants have this history and downright ignoring their application is not appropriate.

Making an applicant wait for over two to three months with no or next to no communication or feedback from staff is quite frankly unacceptable. These players who just wanted to do the right thing; give up their time, their energy and compassion just to help those who engage with the server. They are not asking for a salary or any kind of payment or donation whatsoever. They just wish to take their contribution to the server to the next level.

There is a number of applicants for staff that have been withdrawn or are ongoing that I, and many others support. But there has been next to no or nothing it all from Staff. At least say something; something to work on, something they are doing well, even saying that "we see this and we will get back to you". But choosing to turn a blind eye is the worst thing you can do to an applicant.

I'm sure that any constructive feedback at all would be greatly appreciated by all current and future applicants. Even recognizing the application would be worth the world to some applicants.

I understand I may not have hit the nail on the head in some areas. If there are any issues please let me know. :)

Yours truly,
    otter360

Apologies for my rant, here's two Otter's to make up for it :)
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  2. iNotch

iNotch Active Member

IGN:
    iNotch1
    i agree

• Like Like x 3
  3. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

This isn't a new complaint, and that's what makes it worse. People for years have asked for change and it doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    Yeah there have been many complaints about staff applications and staff as a whole but nothing has been done to fix it. If a candidate is not fit for staff just give a reason and close the application. No need for them to wait months for nothing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. xphstos37

xphstos37 Experienced Member

I guess an untold prerequisite is that mods play both servers. Then they all just end up on sb. With so many new players on eco it would be nice to have some eco players modding. But the mods rarely support the eco candidates if they don’t know them really, and it’s just a sad situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1