Implemented Organization of trades

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions Archive' started by DRlFT, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRlFT

DRlFT Active Member

IGN:
    DRlFT
    Remove the "Discussion" folder and move out the trading folders so it becomes more noticeable for newer members of the fourms and server in general.

• Neutral Neutral x 3
  2. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Your saying that we remove the Trading category off from the Discussion folder and we put Trades as a new category in the General folder?

3. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Neutral it’s perfect the way it is it’s like that for a reason what we really need is more detail on the background

4. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    We could move the trading folders into a new folder called "trading", but there's no reason to move it outside of the discussion folder

Neutral

5. DRlFT

DRlFT Active Member

IGN:
    DRlFT
    I'm saying its not in front as I think it should be which is why I'm recommending this. we get about 2 posts a day on it but have 250+ people on the server itself, it just doesn't add up ya know?

6. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    i mean its a good idea but not many people do trading and stuff on forums they normally do it through /mail and im just not sure

7. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I'm neutral, discussion means anything to do with things surrounding the server and trading does belong there. I see why it could be useful, but having them in discussion keeps the forums tidier.

8. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Neutral,

I understand your frustration about the trade sections not being evident enough. Although most trade happens during in game some are posted on forum for a while to serve the purpose that if people are interested or want to keep it in mind until they have it.
    But other than that I don't think its fully necessary that we need to make the trade sections in the front as most players do trading in-game, if not just /mail and that should be sufficient enough.

9. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I feel the forums are setup fine.

Generally speaking, I don't think a newer player would really be posting or reading trades in the forum, anyway.

I don't know if anyone else has made this hierarchy in their head as well, but I see in-game chat, Discord, and trade forums as the tiers of how important what you're looking for is.

Say I'm looking to buy some wood, coal, lapis, etc... I'd just ask in chat. Those are common items that many players would sell. No need to go outside of MC to find it.

Stepping up a bit, if I were looking for something like a beacon or elytra, I'd ask around in chat, and then post in the Discord trade area if I never hear anything back from chat.

In my mind, the forums trading area is purely for rares. Anything worth less than 500 grass, I don't really see the need to make a posting in the forum asking to trade.

I could be way off on this, but this is just how I've always seen it.

10. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Neutral. I agree that the trading forums are in the correct place - under discussion, which are threads directly relating to the server’s gameplay or forums use. It makes sense to have it where it is.

Most commonly, it’s only large trades that are put on forums, most happen in-game anyway. To agree a time when both players are online can often be tricky, so the forum isn’t used enough to warrant its own place on the home forums page.

11. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    The discussion subsection of the forums is arguably one of the most popular sections, so removing it would cause quite a confusion for where players should post a thread. I think the discussion section servers more of a purpose than the trading section.
    Besides, if new players are confused as to where the correct section is for trading, they can always ask around or have one of us move it to the correct section for them.

12. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Your suggestion has been thoroughly looked at, and we’ve decided to take your word! Your suggestion has been accepted.

This thread has been moved to the Forums Suggestions Archive.

Kind regards :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.