[ORG] [Europe] NekoEmmi's T-Mod Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by NekoEmmi, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NekoEmmi

NekoEmmi Active Member

I promised I'd make a mod app if I didn't get a second job, sooo... here it is. Sorry it's really long, I do have a tendency to "waffle on". I've used spoilers to make it easier to read. If you are interested but don't have time to read it all, just read the coloured text.

NekoEmmi's Application for T-Mod on .Org :heart:

Your in-game name:
    NekoEmmi

How old are you?

What timezone are you in?
    CET (GMT+1).
    I tend to be active on .org somewhere within the window of around 9am - 9pm CET.

What country do you live in?
    France
    (However, I'm a British expat.)

What languages do you speak?
    English
    - excellently. French - "debutant" (beginner/conversational). German - beginner.
    Have you ever been banned? (if yes, why?)
    No
    , I've never really been banned on any Minecraft server.

Why do you think you should be a mod?

☆ My personality is well suited to the role! ☆
    ☆ I'm sensible, mature and have a good grasp of common sense. ☆
    ☆ I'm really chatty! ☆
    ☆ It's in my nature to help people. ☆
    ☆ There's more to modding than just banning people... ☆
    ☆ I :heart: .Org! ☆

* A "Little" Interlude (honestly, that pun was originally unintentional!) *
    [​IMG]
    For a nice break, here's a selfie of me and Littlehearts chilling on my island in
    summer time. I don't have dirt on my knee, it's a void particle, honest XD

Why do you think you maybe shouldn't be a mod?
    This question wasn't in the original application template but in the spirit of honesty and clarity, I wanted to add it. If any of the following pose a problem with my application, then don't promote me!

☆ Multitasking: I'm bad at it. ☆
    ☆ I'm opinionated ☆
    ☆ I'm not a big forums person ☆
    ☆ I dislike using social spy. ☆
    Ok well that's all the negative points of my application dealt with. I hope none of them disqualify me as a potential candidate. ;) x

What qualifications do you have?

☆ Real life ☆:
    ☆ Minecraft ☆:
    ☆ Skyblock.org ☆:

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    I'm the sort of person who either doesn't log in at all, or logs in at 9am and logs out at 9pm. I work two days per week at my part time job, so in a normal week, I can come on during Monday daytime (CET), Tuesday, Thursday and at the weekend. I do admit to playing more than one server, and I often spend at least one day at the weekend seeing friends in real life. From time to time, I go on holiday for a week or two, though I usually only go a few times per year and I'll give notice on the forum when I'm going to be busy or away. I will usually be on for several (6-12ish) hours per day, a few days per week, unless I'm away or especially busy in real life; then I'll just be completely absent for a week or so at a time (except maybe on the forum).

How long have you been playing skyblock.org?
    I joined .org around Easter this year (2014) ... that makes it about 5 months ago
    (at time of writing). So far I've racked up 14.93 days of playing time, according to the statistics feature. :/

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
    Yes
    , I described it under "qualifications" but I'll quickly summarise again here: I'm an admin/mod on a French survival server, and co-owner of a Forge server (basically I'm a mod but with extra perms, our ranks jump straight from "Mod" to "Owner" as "Admin" just seemed superfluous).

2. NekoEmmi

NekoEmmi Active Member

Sorry for double post; I was penalised for going over 15,000 characters, though MS Word assures me I did not! Anyway all that was left was your reward for reaching the end: a .gif of a chow chow puppy stuck in a fruit bowl. :D :D :D Thanks for reading! xxx

[​IMG]
    LEMME GO BOWL! STAHP IT!

.Org is love, .org is life... :heart:

~ ~ ~
    A November update
    I'm not going to edit my original application as I dislike when people do that (as people's comments were made after reading the original one). Instead, I'm posting here any info that's changed since I wrote my app in September.

Forums
    I've made a conscious effort to use the forum a little more and much to my surprise I rather like it. I know I'm not incredibly active compared to many members but I am certainly not finding browsing it from time to time a chore. I have to admit that the Skyblock forum is a lot more active, well moderated and easy to use than others that I've been on so that helped a great deal. I suppose my recent activity is a fairly representative indication of my general level of activity on the forum. I said before that I wasn't willing to engage in off-topic discussions and suchlike but I've found some of them to be quite funny or interesting, so I take that back. I haven't done a whole lot of checking of the reports/appeals as it's somewhat pointless at the moment, but naturally I would also do that regularly if promoted.

Social Spy
    Taking on board Andrew's advice, I would try keeping it on, at least to begin with, and see how it was. I accept that there may be dirty deals, scams or harassment taking place behind the scenes which may not be obvious in the main chat and that timid players may be too shy to report.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    Actually, since creating my application, my number of irl work hours has more than doubled. I was concerned that this would mean that I wouldn't have time to be a good mod, and considered taking my app down. However although I am on .Org less often than previously, I get the feeling that I'm still one of the people who is on most regularly and consistently for my time zone, and I've not seen the other mods in my time zone quite as regularly as I used to, and many have requested a demotion for various reasons :( In actual fact I find myself "mini modding" a lot more now in the absence of mods, especially in the morning. So perhaps I'm not on as regularly as before, but I still think I'd be a better mod than no mod at all during the mornings when I'm on and Gracie isn't pulling an all nighter!
    I would also like to mention that the French server I was admin on has gone offline many times over the past year, and I've decided to quit as the owner is too unreliable and I don't want to put any more time or work into a server that may not even exist in 6 month's time. Also my own server has run into serious issues with 1.8/Cauldron/Forge and neither Whippy nor myself wish to deal with it right now, so we're taking it offline for the forseeable future. To that end, .Org is now the only server that I'm seriously playing.

Ok well that's my application all up to date now, I suppose. Thank you to everyone who's shown support so far. :heart: Neko x

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  3. Little hearts

Little hearts Active Member

Support and that picture tho

4. NekoEmmi

NekoEmmi Active Member

Lol, don't you like it? I can take it down if you don't (the picture) :heart: xx

5. Little hearts

I love it :heart:

6. NekoEmmi

NekoEmmi Active Member

Yey :D I love it too :p :heart: I have my autumn skin on now though, how about you? Though that was a fun summer, happy memories :)

7. Supapah

Supapah Well-Known Member

Amazing app! Support and good luck!
    Also yes, being active on forums will help a lot :)

8. XDisawesome

XDisawesome Active Member

Half support. You are active, and experienced in game, but new to the forums but nonetheless, support!

9. Little hearts

I give support she the kindness person I meet

10. YSaleh

YSaleh Member

Half. And the spoilers are annoying.

11. PopIs_MyLife

PopIs_MyLife Active Member

Best app I've ever seen in my entire life. You'll do an amazing job, you're mature, fun, and very, very smart.

With an app like this, there's no way you're not gonna get mod.

These being said, I am giving you my full support. I wish you best of luck Neko! You're already a moderator in my eyes ;)

12. YSaleh

YSaleh Member

Why would you disagree

13. princessnerd3

princessnerd3 Active Member

Support. Amazing app, seen you in-game helpful, useful. Good luck

14. Skyttles

Skyttles Experienced Member

I would give my support, but you seem to still be new to our forums. :eek:

15. Moonlight

Moonlight Well-Known Member

You finally made one, I have to support this. You are always in game, helpful, and mature

16. Hoecobo

Hoecobo Senior Member

OMG yas u finally made an app total support :)

17. jestrike1234

jestrike1234 Active Member

Good luck to you :)

18. NekoEmmi

NekoEmmi Active Member

Thank you everyone for all the kind words :) it makes me happy, I spent so much time arguing with the rich text editor... I had to write it in pure BBcode in the end for it to look the way I wanted and it took hours! :/

To anyone concerned that I'm new to the forum - it's true and I've covered that under its own section in my app. I won't be dishonest and I wanted the people who select staff to hear the full story and not just the good points. :) I've been active on other forums before but I just found it too time consuming and less enjoyable than playing Minecraft, so I've described what level of activity I would have on the forum honestly; I don't plan to mislead people and say "yep I'll be really active on the forums" because it simply isn't true. If it's a problem, they will simply not promote me hehe :) I wouldn't mind either way, I'm happy with how things are now. I just foolishly said to someone that I would create an app in a moment of weakness and I never go back on my word >.< *he trapped me!*

YSaleh - sorry if you didn't like the spoilers, but it just looked like a giant scary wall of text otherwise that I didn't think anyone would read. I wanted to leave the content there though in case someone did want more info on a particular topic so uh... spoilers happened!

Supapah, YSaleh, SkyttlesOG, Jestrike - I feel bad that I don't know you guys! Are some of you are primarily .Net players maybe? Or have different /nicks in game? Jest especially as you seem to be only on .Org and similar time zone so I feel silly that I've missed you. D: Anyway I will look out for you all in-game and look forward to meeting you soon! :) x

19. OceanPotato

OceanPotato Member

Lots and lots of support bby :heart:33 You're super active and always helpful. I think you'd make a perfect Mod :D

20. Laura_or_is_it

Laura_or_is_it Experienced Member

I didnt need to read the app even though it looks fantastic, I support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.